Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Win Over Cowboys Replayed Tonight on NFL Network... What to Watch For?

Dan T.

I was honored enough to be at the game and I want to see if we came across as loud as we were in person. We had FedEx rocking and I hope it came across on tv. Loved every minute. HAIL!!!!

I think they turned down the crowd noise for the broadcast. I could tell it was loud, though, because the cameras on the sidelines were shaking.

Kory Lichtensteiger's play and work through injury should go down in Redskins lore.

This guy has been gutting it out on a bad knee for a few weeks and has been MAULING people.

Reminds me of the old Hogs.. not in name, but in attitude and heart. This guy is a straight up WARRIOR.

~Bang

This game highlights how the Cowboys were able to take away the deep passing game with the cover-2, which caused them to get gashed for 200 yards by Morris. It was a great chess match between Kyle and B Ryan, which Kyle clearly aced.

The Cowboys lost the defensive battle in the trenches and overcommitted to defending the pass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle do exactly the opposite.

London was fun to watch in this game.

The Cowboys lost the defensive battle in the trenches and overcommitted to defending the pass. I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle do exactly the opposite.

I was just thinking the samething. But then to the contrary, they may look at the film from the Cowboy game and key in on Morris. If they decide to stack the box, they will certainly get beat deep. Actually the edge we have in this game is Kyle. I don't think there's a better playcaller in the game right now than Kyle.

I was just thinking the samething. But then to the contrary, they may look at the film from the Cowboy game and key in on Morris. If they decide to stack the box, they will certainly get beat deep. Actually the edge we have in this game is Kyle. I don't think there's a better playcaller in the game right now than Kyle.

I think he's improved through the season. He had a tendency earlier on to throw in a WTF? gadget-type play at inopportune times. I haven't seen as much of that in recent weeks.

I dvr'd it and have watched the last 5 minutes over and over. Best part, Collingsworth says something like"here's Romos chance to prove his critics wrong, let's see if he can finally solve the Rubics cube that is Washington's blitzing defense" Then the snap, then THE PICK!!!! Game Over! Hahahahahaha Priceless!!

You guys arent making sense. They both went overboard with the redskin love it was kinda to much. Everything was rg/morris this or mikes a great talent decisions still. Chris even mentioned Cousins. The Redskins are the media favorites now guys.

Of course they had to talk about RG3 and Morris, they were killing it.

it's all in your head. there was a poll on ESPN "who are you rooting for" before the game, and the Redskins were ahead of the Cowboys in 49 out of 50 states.

That was a fan poll. I am talking about the media.

I don't know, CC had some great things to say about the Redskins too

More than anything I think he just wanted to have a great finish by either side. When Jackson got the INT to seal it you could tell he was disappointed, but I don't think it was because of any love he has for the cowboys

Also, he was BLASTING Romo sits to pee for his performances in big games

Yeah, CC did give us credit. But he had to, we were beasting in the run game. But to me it just felt like he were talking about how the Cowboys were playing bad on ofense, but gave no props to the defense. Then on the 3rd Alfred Morris TD he was so busy focusing on the Cowboys recovering the "fumble" that he didn't noticed the sideline judge with his arm in the air signaling touchdown for about an hour. :ols:

But I am not going to just pile on Colinsworth, everybody was talking about the Cowboys the next morning, people rarely mentioned us. You know if we would have lost it still would have been all about the Cowboys.

Kory Lichtensteiger's play and work through injury should go down in Redskins lore.

This guy has been gutting it out on a bad knee for a few weeks and has been MAULING people.

Reminds me of the old Hogs.. not in name, but in attitude and heart. This guy is a straight up WARRIOR.

~Bang

I know RG3 is great. I know that everyone will Remember the Al-Mo. I know that the defense has tightened up over the past 2 months. But for my money, the consistency and effectiveness of the OL has to be up there as one of the better stories of the year. This was supposed to be a weakness coming into 2012 and they have become a strength.

Have your recording device ready (if you're not already recording the whole thing), after Alfred's third TD that sealed the game NBC showed the entire playing and singing of HTTR. There are some vids of it floating around the internet, but it's so much better in the heat of the game. Hopefully NFL Replay shows it, I know they cut out a lot of stuff.

That was really cool. I couldn't help marching around the bar singing along, much to the cowboy fans dismay.

That was really cool. I couldn't help marching around the bar singing along, much to the cowboy fans dismay.

:ols: at that image in my head!

---------- Post added January-2nd-2013 at 11:54 AM ----------

I know RG3 is great. I know that everyone will Remember the Al-Mo. I know that the defense has tightened up over the past 2 months. But for my money, the consistency and effectiveness of the OL has to be up there as one of the better stories of the year. This was supposed to be a weakness coming into 2012 and they have become a strength.

Some people thought Wil Montgomery should get Pro Bowl consideration. They've been a solid unit all year. Part of the success is because they've all been on the field together virtually the entire season. Wasn't the starting lineup the same for every game until Polumbus got hurt? Something like that. That has to help.

Seriously though, watch how our secondary picks up some amazing blocks for Alf. We're steaming along!

Now if you meant watch how our WR's were blocking, that's exactly what I was going to say.

Our WR's were blocking extremely well, and this has been overlooked by some throughout the year. Garcon in particular, in this game, was blocking superbly to seal the edge.

Too many to list, but here's a few things of note;

D-Hall covering bryant one-on-one, leaving other DBs to blitz.

Fletch calling plays, blitzing up the middle & getting two sacks, he's still quick for an 87 year old.

The read option totally confusing demarcus ware, (demarcus where?).

The o-line - with and without LeRibeus - outstanding.

Sav, fighting off a block to make a brutal, TD saving tackle.

Romo sits to pee, ha-ha-ha, it just gives me a warm feeling inside when I see him suffer, and boy, does he suffer.

After the game had finished, the shot of one of the 'turds, face down on bench, hopefully crying.

I'm watching it again tonight, enjoy.

The pain in Tony Romo sits to pee's eyes after the third interception.

I think there were some tears involved when they showed him...it was so pretty I couldn't get rid of my drunken smile. Then AlMo scored again smile got bigger then they showed Mr. Ohno again and then I remembered my Mom told me my face can get stuck like that so I smiled bigger as they showed the band. Now face still hurts but I don't care. HTTR! Time to pluck the Seachickens!!!

Watch for Romo sits to pee to tell witten and the rest of the US where to run the play before he throws the 3rd int. Then watch as he tells his RB and our Def which route to run for a hot read.

How does the old saying go?

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

If you ever need a video definition of the phrase "faked out of his jock" you can use what Ware looked like on a several plays.

Ware's was bad, but I think the best fakeout of the year on the read option was MNF (Pierre Paul diving like he was doing a scene in Tropic Thunder II, diving on a grenade or something). Griff faked inside and Pierre Paul crashed hard on Morris, and Griffin blew right past him.

Listen for Collinsworth to jinx Cobra Kai right before his FG attempt. Very glad that one didn't come back to bite us. Probably better for Kai not to have reporters in his face on our Superbowl run, questioning him about the added pressure of remaining perfect.

Hail

Archived