Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its time to finally make fedex field rock!

DieHardSkinFan05

This is the time i believe we've all been waiting for. Over the years we have complained about the lack of home field advantage at Fedex, but tomorrow can be the beginning of a new era. The spotlight is on us, the stars have aligned (no pun intended), it's time to show up and put on for our team! I Sure there will be some dallas fans in attendance as always, but i have a feeling there will be no doubt this time around that we will own the stands.. Lets show up early... get pumped! and make Fedex rock tomorrow night like the old days... Get the "We want Dallas" chants going early and often before kickoff, and send our team into the playoffs!

I have goosebumps just thinking about the atmosphere tomorrow night at Fedex. :beavisnbutthead:

The stadium was rockin during the giants game, and also the Ravens game. Can't wait till the Dallass game..

John Harbaugh: FedEx Field crowd ruined fake punt play

By Dan Steinberg, *Published: DECEMBER 11, 10:32 AM ET

(John McDonnell/The Washington Post)

Watching Sunday’s game live, I mistakenly thought the Ravens were just messing around when they lined up in that weird fake-punt formation. I figured they were hoping to draw the Redskins offsides.

Turns out I was wrong. They actually wanted to go for that 4th-and-short. And the play was foiled by, get this, the loud FedEx Field crowd. Haven’t typed those words a lot in my career.

“We just had a situation out there where the guys couldn't hear Anthony [Allen] make the hut call,” Coach John Harbaugh told reporters on Monday. “You know, it got real loud at that point in time. And we executed it really well; we made a substitution and we were running a certain play in there that we thought had a chance. And it would've probably had a REAL good chance. But the offensive line couldn't hear the snap count. And that's something that was disappointing.”

Want more on the crowd? Here’s ESPN’s Bill Simmons, talking on his most-popular-in-the-country sports podcast.

“Washington has one of the four or five best crowds, just when you're watching it on TV and it feels like a great crowd,” he said. “I'm really glad that they have a good home team again….RFK was one of the three-best home field advantages. This one, people were down on the state-of-the-art arena, but they never really had a team to put in there.”

Want more? Here’s Will Montgomery, talking about Washington’s final regulation drive on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Bob Papa and Ross Tucker.

“There was a little confusion there at the end with that snap,” the center said. “We were on the quick count, so we were in the no-huddle, and we were all ready to go. And I guess [RGIII] was making checks with his receivers. And I don't know if there were a lot of Baltimore fans in the crowd or what, but it was surprisingly loud for a home game. And so we just weren't sure Robert's status on his knee really during that last drive.”

Got to work on that last part, I guess.

(Via @ebjunkies and @dustinmfox.)

Now that the team is winning, the fans also need to learn how to be a "winning" group as well.

That means yelling as loud as you can while the OTHER teams offense is on the field, and being quiet as a church mouse when OUR offense is on the field.

Please see the Indianapolis Colts for example of this. If our teams fans could do this, we would have one hell of a home field advantage for the next decade. I swear I do at least 1-2 facepalms per home game, I can hear the crowd getting lively while our offense is on the field. :doh::doh:

Now that the team is winning, the fans also need to learn how to be a "winning" group as well.

That means yelling as loud as you can while the OTHER teams offense is on the field, and being quiet as a church mouse when OUR offense is on the field.

Please see the Indianapolis Colts for example of this. If our teams fans could do this, we would have one hell of a home field advantage for the next decade. I swear I do at least 1-2 facepalms per home game, I can hear the crowd getting lively while our offense is on the field. :doh::doh:

well, its hard not to get excited about a good play that happens. and there are so many fans in the stadium that the cheering runs over to when the offense is in the huddle.

well, its hard not to get excited about a good play that happens. and there are so many fans in the stadium that the cheering runs over to when the offense is in the huddle.

So how do you explain the quietness of the Colt fan when their team is on offense? :D

It was certainly loud that Monday night against NY and i would expect the same tomorrow since it is most likely a playoff game by kickoff. And i will be there so that's sure to add at least a few decibels :)

and this probably could have gone in the other get loud threads lol

It needs to be the Monday Night game times 10 tomorrow night. The fans definitely responded then and I think they'll do the same again. It will be beyond electric and hopefully Dal@ss will have 3-5 false start penalties alone tomorrow night. :fingersx:

Archived