Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Fined $10K by NFL for wearing Adidas Postgame

Rypien1191

That's a cornball move by the NFL.

hahahaha. My first thought.

---------- Post added December-20th-2012 at 07:56 AM ----------

so you jersey experts out there, has Adidas made a knockoff NFL RGIII jersey? I would imagine since his is the most popular right now they would do something like this.

Turn on your sarcasm meter. That way you'll appear more like death star and less like alderaan.

hahahah!~ :ols:

---------- Post added December-20th-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Him wearing sweatpants isn't the issue. Its the fact that he wasn't wearing Nike sweats.

He probably didn't have Nike ones on hand.

Do real black people wear Adidas? I need somebody to tell me how to feel about this.

I prefer Nike over Adidas, but I must say, Adidas have the best slides. :D

Seriously though, we can blame Griffin for wearing it when he probably knows he shouldn't have. However, I think the NFL fell right into Adidas trap. Griffin didn't play and him playing was going to be a big topic all week. So when you see him at that press conference, he's going to be wearing Adidas. The NFL fining him was just the cherry on top. Even more publicity for Adidas.

Well played Adidas.

I prefer Nike over Adidas, but I must say, Adidas have the best slides. :D

Seriously though, we can blame Griffin for wearing it when he probably knows he shouldn't have. However, I think the NFL fell right into Adidas trap. Griffin didn't play and him playing was going to be a big topic all week. So when you see him at that press conference, he's going to be wearing Adidas. The NFL fining him was just the cherry on top. Even more publicity for Adidas.

Well played Adidas.

This is a very good point

Also how does this topic have 60 replies?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSparta View Post

Do real black people wear Adidas? I need somebody to tell me how to feel about this.

Yea, i thought adidas was for soccer players...

I am pretty sure 1,000 times more black people on earth play soccer than football..like, every single black country in the world besides this one.

The NFl and their fines.. silly silly silly.

I would think that because of the knowledge of the NFl and their habit of fining people for silly things, RG3s agent likely built a clause in that says Adidas pays for his fines when he advertises their product in violation of NFl rules.

~Bang

Good commercial strategy, I bet Adidas will pay the fine for Robert, in the meantime they get the medias and people's attention.

Precisely. Adidas will pay the fine and all this hoopla gives them the attention they want, and all of this for $10,000, which is nothing for a huge company like Adidas.

So question, is RG3 getting paid to wear Nike logos specifically for these press conferences? Is there anything that says he HAS to wear a nike logo (as opposed to no logo)? Couldnt they just edit out or blur non approved logos like they do on most shows?

Archived