Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 Fined $10K by NFL for wearing Adidas Postgame

Rypien1191

If Adidas were smart, they'd do what Nike did with MJ back in 1984 and let RG3 keep on wearing lots of Adidas and pay every single dime of the fines.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/rg3-fined-10000-nfl

Didn't the NBA eventually put a stop to that by threatening to hand out a 1-game suspension for each incident? As much as I think the league is being ridiculous, I'd rather if RG3 focused on being awesome rather than sticking it to the league.

Excuse my ignorance, but why isn't RG3 allowed to wear Adidas? I assume it's some sort of sponsorship issue, but is he not allowed to wear any brand names, only certain brand names, or are certain brand names banned? Is this in player contracts?

league has deals with nike an new era...can't rock adidas in public it screams f you sponsors I'm doing me!

Am I the only one who thinks RGIII needs to wise up about this crap? When doing interviews and gameday on field stuff he has to wear Nike. That's it. No compromise. No wiggle room. Nike paid a hell of a lot of money for the NFL rights. You see any other players getting fined for wearing their endorsements instead of the actual league sanctioned clothing?

Am I the only one who thinks RGIII needs to wise up about this crap? When doing interviews and gameday on field stuff he has to wear Nike. That's it. No compromise. No wiggle room. Nike paid a hell of a lot of money for the NFL rights. You see any other players getting fined for wearing their endorsements instead of the actual league sanctioned clothing?

That's a good question/statement do you know if Rg3 is the only highly publicized star in nfl rockin Adidas?

This is per Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt but the NFL adidas guys are:

Reggie Bush

Lawrence Timmons

Titus Young

Davone Bess

Mario Williams

Frank Gore

Eric Berry

Prince Amukamara

DeMarco Murray

Stephen McGee

C. J. Spiller

John David Booty

Von Miller

Kyle Rudolph

Jerrel Jernigan

Robert Griffin III

This. RG3 needs to mature a bit.

Archived