Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins release playoff ticket information

TK

"Ticket packages will begin shipping on December 24."

^^ That feels "jinxy" to me. :( Me being the nervous, superstitious sports fan that I am.

I agree, but that's how all NFL teams do it. The volume of tickets just does ot allow for them to wait until after the final game. The logistics of all that in 5 or 6 days would be horrendous.

Although I love the point of the thread to provide the info, but yup this info will probably wind up in the hands of the Eagles and the Crackboys and they'll use this as bulletin board material and motivation.

The Egales maybe, but I'm sure he Cowboys are doing the same thing or something very similar with tickets that the Skins are doing.

The day before the inauguration... If that happens... Good luck finding a hotel room if you're travelling in from out of the area....

Huly and I can put some folks up, if you don't mind getting up at 4am on game day! LOL

Preface: I think it is awesome the team held almost all prices for the Wildcard round the same as the regular season. I think it is even more awesome they aren't going to charge us for the seats unless the game gets played (are you reading this, Ted Lerner?).

That said, has anyone checked out Stubhub? Go to the listing page for the game. Select "10+" for seat quantity. There are a surprising number of big blocks of tickets in the SRO and endzone sections -- places the team struggled to sell season tickets -- listed at many times over face value. If these listings were up after the general on-sale happened, I'd say ticket brokers used software to get in and buy big batches of seats. Except there hasn't been an on-sale yet. So, who is holding these tickets and how did they get onto Stubhub? In the past folks have accused the team of selling in blocks to brokers. Is it possible they've started cutting out the middle man and listing tickets at "market rate" prices before ever making them available at face value? I'm just asking the question, as I have no proof of course.

I will now put on my teflon underpants and let folks flame away.

So, who is holding these tickets and how did they get onto Stubhub? In the past folks have accused the team of selling in blocks to brokers. Is it possible they've started cutting out the middle man and listing tickets at "market rate" prices before ever making them available at face value? I'm just asking the question, as I have no proof of course.

I will now put on my teflon underpants and let folks flame away.

I thought it was a general consensus around here that that does happen. So I don't think you need to worry about being flamed. As a season ticket holder I don't have a problem if they sell these for face or above. It would piss me of if they sold them at a discount.

It's standard procedure for any pro sports team. They get to sit our interest (if you pay in full) for a bit before refunding money if the game is not played.

Yep, when I had my capitals season tickets they would do a very similar procedure. All sports teams do this. You buy the tickets not knowing if the game will be played

If parking is going to be a printed out pass, how in the world are they going to police this? They do a bad enough job currently with the real ones.

They have barcodes, maybe a scan and that cancels that pass. Won't take any longer than tearing the bottoms off.

They have barcodes, maybe a scan and that cancels that pass. Won't take any longer than tearing the bottoms off.

When I bought my pass I had to put in my plate number, state, car make, model, color and number of passengers. The printed pass has a bar code, my name, Vehicle make and model, plate number and state. When I bought the pass it said your credit card may be charged if the pass is reused. Not sure how they intend to enforce this, unless they scan everything or check what's printed on the pass (hello parking fiasco). It would seem like if you could sell passes for more than you paid, you could make some money even if they scanned the passes and if they don't scan passes, then you now have the ability to literally print money (well parking passes that you sell).....

Archived