Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After winning at the Eagles, would a 26-3 against Dallas remind you of anything?

dposton

For all the respect I gave Cleveland, I'm going to do the same for Philly. The Dallas game becomes meaningless unless we win in Philly...something we don't do all that often.

We actually do win AT Philly often enough. But NEVER underestimate a divisional loser. They're playofff KILLERS. They want nothing more but to brag about things all off-season.

(I don't care if you guys won the Superbowl, we swept you last year and Kerrigan got a pick 6!)

For all the respect I gave Cleveland, I'm going to do the same for Philly. The Dallas game becomes meaningless unless we win in Philly...something we don't do all that often.

Here, here. The Eagles have the role of spoiler all set to go with us and the Giants in week 17... you don't think they know this?

This game is going to be very tough... especially with the fact that it's in Philly.

I'm not even sure what the OP is trying to do with the thread.

Billy Kilmer to Charley Taylor down the right side line. Touchdown Washington Redskins in my best Frank Herzog voice .

Me and oldfan were just reminiscing about the olden days (and earlier) recently. This made me smile. :)

It's a real theme to start seriously considering--that we are really headed towards stellar times, stellar teams, regularly meaningful late-season games, and even championships again.

Simply trying to restore a pride that has been dormant far too long. These types of memories are why Danny bought the team in the first place. Regardless of what his over enthusiasm and as some call it, meddling, has brought, we are now returning to the glory days. BTW, when RGIII was drafted, there were those of you who said you'd be satisfied with an 8-8 season. Now that that is ensured, cautionary warnings about not overlooking the Eagles. Either way, based on preseason standards, haven't we already had a successful season? Smh and lol.

Oh no, now we're hyping up the eagles too? We are going to peter roll the eagles. Lay the wood. Clean their clocks. Stomp mud holes in their ***es. Go for the jugular. Run roughshod over them. I swear people are jogging behind the bandwagon too scared of falling if they try to jump on. Just grab my hand. I'm not gonna let you fall.

Edit: My bad, I thought the bad words would be censored.

We actually do win AT Philly often enough. But NEVER underestimate a divisional loser. They're playofff KILLERS. They want nothing more but to brag about things all off-season.

(I don't care if you guys won the Superbowl, we swept you last year and Kerrigan got a pick 6!)

This. Division games are always serious business, regardless of record.

Lets get real for a second. The Eagles are pretty awful. Just like the Browns were awful. Once Kirk Cousins settled down, the Browns went back to being the Browns.

We beat the Eagles unless we make mistakes and commit turnovers that hurt the team.

With that said, yes, the Eagles will be in spoiler role and would love to eliminate us from playoff contention. It isn't a game to take lightly, as NO GAME is one to take lightly, especially by this 'Skins team who really could have been in much better position to get to the playoffs if not for losses to the Panthers, and Rams (Up 21-6 in that one, remember?).

But all that said, make no mistake, the Eagles are not a good team right now.

1- division games are never easy. The eagles aren't going roll over and rarely is a division rival blown out twice.

2- Dallas with everything on the line could be the toughest game the redskins have to play all all season. Win or go home is tough. Being eliminated by a division rival adds a lot of pride to mix a ramps up the pressure.

I was looking over the Redskins/Cowboys history, and something that jumps out at me is that the Cowboys hold a huge advantage in quantity of wins, but the 'Skins seem to have won almost every game when they mattered the most between the two.

They have won both games in the post-season. They won the 2005 game at Fed Ex when both teams were in the midst of fighting for a playoff spot.

The all-time W/L was relatively close until the 90's/Early 00's when the Cowboys just took over the rivalry in the years that both teams were horrible. So on a stat sheet it looks like domination (and sure you could make an argument that in the confines of the rivalry itself, it was) but in the bigger picture, most of those years, neither team were sniffing the playoffs, so it was mostly for bragging rights.

Losing a winner-take-all game to Dallas would hurt. It would feel like we did all this (and beat the Giants) only to have it benefit the Cowboys. I'd get over it since, long term I believe we will have the last laugh. But man would it sting!

Having said that, now that the useless Steelers have failed to step up for us, I'm hoping we are in the do-or-die game in week 17!!

Eagles opponents have scored 30+ the last 5 of 6 games. If the giants and cowboys lose next week, week 17 won't really matter besides a better seed in the playoffs. I think...no, I know the Skins will make examples out of our last two opponents. They will leave no doubt about their legitimacy. The only teams I see as threats in the playoffs are at and gb. And not really at BC that's another one we should have taken.

Just for the record, the Eaglea can't knock us out of anything next week. If they beat us, the Giants lose in Baltimore, then week 17 is still for the division. There are also a number of scenerios where we make the playoffs at 9-7.

As a matter of fact, just talking soley about the division here... If the Giants lose to the Ravens, then both or game vs Philly and Dallas' games vs New Orleans are meaningless.

Where things would really sting is if we lose an the Giants win. Then it gets tricky.

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

Eagles opponents have scored 30+ the last 5 of 6 games. If the giants and cowboys lose next week, week 17 won't really matter besides a better seed in the playoffs. I think...no, I know the Skins will make examples out of our last two opponents. They will leave no doubt about their legitimacy. The only teams I see as threats in the playoffs are at and gb. And not really at BC that's another one we should have taken.

Incorrect. There is no scenerio where we can win the division prior to week 17.

Just for the record, the Eaglea can't knock us out of anything next week. If they beat us, the Giants lose in Baltimore, then week 17 is still for the division. There are also a number of scenerios where we make the playoffs at 9-7.

As a matter of fact, just talking soley about the division here... If the Giants lose to the Ravens, then both or game vs Philly and Dallas' games vs New Orleans are meaningless.

Where things would really sting is if we lose an the Giants win. Then it gets tricky.

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

Incorrect. There is no scenerio where we can win the division prior to week 17.

Yep, I just popped into that thread and saw that common opponents come before conference record. My bad. Eagles and Cowboys will still get rolled.

Archived