Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any scenario where the Dallas Skins game has NO playoff implications?

ggarriso

Cowboys fans say they want washington now,,,lol. Rg3 will beat the brakes off of that team...

LOL what about today's craptastic display makes Cowboy Fans think their team is anything but over-rated DRECK!? Cowboys were AWFUL today. Almost as awful as the hapless, horrible Steelers.

Meanwhile, the Skins played maybe their best game of the season and that was WITHOUT RG3

I'm convinced everyone in Dallas is delusional

Since Dallas beat Pitt:

If we beat Philly and Dallas loses to NO, but we lose to Dallas... we beat them out in conference. Wash = 7-5 Dallas = 6-6. Head to head would be the same, and so would the divisional games. If we lose to Philly, and Dallas beats NO... then the Dallas game has playoff implications. And of course the same if we both win or lose next week.

Not true we must win out to win the division no matter what Dallas does against NO they have the common opponent tiebreaker.

Well if the cowboys lose to the Saints and Giants win out. Giants will win the division. If we don't win out..... If I had to pick I'd rather have the giants in than the cowgirls. Either way I just hope saints take care of business this sunday.

These next two games will be tough but I have faith we can do this.

yeah i honestly dont see the ravens beating the giants, and i also dont see the saints beating the cowboys. sadly, i think it could still be a 3-way tie after next week.

Saints have the OF to beat Dallas in Dallas and the Giants can get beat by the Ravens. You are more than likely correct though in that we have to win the next 2 weeks. Guess we will see what this team is made of. They are on a roll thus far. Hope it doesn't end.

Well if the cowboys lose to the Saints and Giants win out. Giants will win the division. If I had to pick I'd rather have the giants in then the cowgirls. But that's if we don't win out. Either way I just hope saints take care of business this sunday.

Incorrect. We win the next 2 weeks we win the division. See ESPN's Playoff Standings.

If we beat philly our conference record will be 7-4 , if dallas loses to NO there conference record would be 5-6. Then if they beat us there record goes to 6-6 and we go to 7-5. Thus, we would still win the division. I think........

The Giants would also have to lose next week or the next.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

If we beat philly our conference record will be 7-4 , if dallas loses to NO there conference record would be 5-6. Then if they beat us there record goes to 6-6 and we go to 7-5. Thus, we would still win the division. I think........

I wish that were the case, but winning percentage in common games comes before conference records when breaking a tie within a division. So therefore, Dallas would win in that scenario.

The Giants would also have to lose next week or the next.

Nope. Common opponents record comes before conference record.

EDIT: Augh! Too slow.

Incorrect. The next tiebreaker after divisional record is common games. They'd have the edge in that, unfortunately

Bacon (and a cast of thousands) beat me to it

Archived