Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Cousins have a Flynn-like performance?

The Trashman

A lot of things impressed me about Cousins. One was his touch. There were at least four passes where he was getting rushed and lofted it over the head of the defender for the completion, including the second TD to Hankerson. Most obvious was his cannon arm. He really got it in some small windows. His poise, his vision, his intelligence. Great pocket passer, perhaps better than RGIII (relax people haha). On the whole he looked amazing. The INT was really more good coverage than anything, although maybe he should've not thrown it.

A lot of things impressed me about Cousins. One was his touch. There were at least four passes where he was getting rushed and lofted it over the head of the defender for the completion, including the second TD to Hankerson. Most obvious was his cannon arm. He really got it in some small windows. His poise, his vision, his intelligence. Great pocket passer, perhaps better than RGIII (relax people haha). On the whole he looked amazing. The INT was really more good coverage than anything, although maybe he should've not thrown it.

He should not have thrown it, period.

Since day one I thought Kirk Cousins was going to be a great quarterback in this league. Hell before we traded up for Griffin, I wanted Cousins on the 'Skins, and I believe we got two of the best quarterbacks in the draft. Very happy about today. They'll be a team to be reckoned with in the very immediate future.

He should not have thrown it, period.

Yeah, that's right. But he's just a rookie that seems to improve from mistakes. So, that's a pretty good thing to have him as a backup.

Honestly, right now, I wouldn't be confortable as a Coach from any of our opponents, as putting RG3 out of the game doesn't mean you're gonna win the game, because Cousins really seems capable.

I don't know if it's been covered in this thread, but I'm guessing Cousins just might have become the third different Redskins player this season to win Rookie of the Week.Cousins had a 104 rating today.

I think Wilson may get it this time. 3 rushing TDs already and a passing one I believe

I don't know if it's been covered in this thread, but I'm guessing Cousins just might have become the third different Redskins player this season to win Rookie of the Week.Cousins had a 104 rating today.

Id say our draft is starting to look a little better than the B- we were given. :D

Good thing too since we don't have a 1st rounder for the next two years.

Kirk is the next Tom Brady :)!!!!

I hope not. After 3 more seasons, he'll be playing the rest of his career for one of our competitors

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 02:15 PM ----------

Id say our draft is starting to look a little better than the B- we were given. :D

Good thing too since we don't have a 1st rounder for the next two years.

Yeah, is that three-straight A's by Shanahan?

Since day one I thought Kirk Cousins was going to be a great quarterback in this league. Hell before we traded up for Griffin, I wanted Cousins on the 'Skins, and I believe we got two of the best quarterbacks in the draft. Very happy about today. They'll be a team to be reckoned with in the very immediate future.

I wanted us to draft Cousins if we were gonna lose out on RG3 to the Browns. I think Kirk will be like a Matt Hasselbeck in his prime type QB.

You are out of your mind. Did Rodgers stock go down when Flynn had that performance? No. It is a luxury to have a backup QB who can come in at anytime and keep the offense rolling. Sure he had a bad pass against Falcons that killed our game, but he did come in and throw a 70+ yd td

There are some posters on here and local blowhards that still doubt RG3's ability. A solid game from Kirk will just fuel their schtick of hate

I think Wilson may get it this time. 3 rushing TDs already and a passing one I believe

I don't doubt it, but Morris won last week when Wilson put up insane stats. There seems to be a large contingent of Skins fans who vote week to week for our guys.

I'd love to see a third Redskins rookie win it. I have to imagine that 3 rookies on the same team in one year hasn't happened before, or if it has, not often.

Archived