Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Cousins have a Flynn-like performance?

The Trashman

This is in reference to the Packers backup QB Matt Flynn playing last year for the resting Rodgers and Flynn passing for 480 yards and 6 tds.

No one knows what will happen today vs the Browns but the question still remains, "what if Cousins lights up the Browns with multiple touchdowns?" What should the Skins do with RG3, short term?

Do they continue to rest him vs Philly and possibly the Cowboys, have him fully heal up while Cousins blows away the competition? Then bring him in fully rested and healed in the 1st rounds of the playoffs to do more damage.

This may sound like a far fetched scenario but you never know depending on how Cousins responds today.

Let's sit back and observe.

Look we do not need to worry about next week, the Cowboys game, let alone the damn playoffs. We do not have a locked up spot. Sure the Bears are banged up and play Packers, Cowboys play the Steelers, Giants play the Falcons, and so many other factors, however we play the Browns. We need to focus on beating the Browns. When we win the game then we can evaluate his performance and what we should do.

This would be a nice problem to have. I agree with arsenic, I have no idea what to expect, or what the results will be.

I don't think any of us do. But Cousins knows whats on the line. I can see alot of dumpoffs and mid range passes today. I think our run game shines though. Hail.

You know, I have been on board with him as trade bait....but I like him. It would be more valuable to us to keep him and develop him along side RG3

I'd agree. Unless someone gives up a one AND we have a plan to adequately replace him that we know is sound. Two major IFs. Therefore, I'd agree with keeping Cousins around.

If Cousins has a performance like this, Kyle is a head coach somewhere else last year

I hope that the plan is to keep Mike and Kyle together for years and get the team ready for Kyle to take over and then Kyle becomes our head coach for a long, long, long time. Would love some continuity with this franchise in regards to coaching staff

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 10:05 AM ----------

And RG3's stock goes down.

You are out of your mind. Did Rodgers stock go down when Flynn had that performance? No. It is a luxury to have a backup QB who can come in at anytime and keep the offense rolling. Sure he had a bad pass against Falcons that killed our game, but he did come in and throw a 70+ yd td

If he does a Flynn, lets all just promise not to stoke a controversy. RGIII is our franchise. End of story. But if we trade cousins, may it be to. An afc. Team with a similar system to shanahan, where he can flourish.

Yeah, but if he does fit straight in like he's looked thus far, and the offense is as efficient in a different way with him as it is with Robert, how perfect would it be to able to rest 10 for two weeks, take away any lingering doubts of him tearing anything; and have him rested and healthy for Dallas and January?

Hail.

This is in reference to the Packers backup QB Matt Flynn playing last year for the resting Rodgers and Flynn passing for 480 yards and 6 tds.

No one knows what will happen today vs the Browns but the question still remains, "what if Cousins lights up the Browns with multiple touchdowns?" What should the Skins do with RG3, short term?

Do they continue to rest him vs Philly and possibly the Cowboys, have him fully heal up while Cousins blows away the competition? Then bring him in fully rested and healed in the 1st rounds of the playoffs to do more damage.

This may sound like a far fetched scenario but you never know depending on how Cousins responds today.

Let's sit back and observe.

First, lets hope Cousins does have a Matt Flynn like day, or even somewhat remotely close. But under no circumstances do we sit/rest RG3 against the Eagles if he's 100% and ready to go. The last thing I want is for him to miss two games then be expected to come in to play against Dallas in the season finalle and expected to win after he's not played 2 games.

I hope that Captain Kirk balls outta control, seriously, we just need the team to make the playoffs; if not big disappointment. And whats up with Griff playing with my emotions. He out there running around and throwing, warming up. He not even playing. Meanwhile, while Griff is out there warming up, Kirk is just getting to the facility. Please dont' let this be another Rex Grossman/ John Beck performance.

Archived