Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Cousins have a Flynn-like performance?

The Trashman

I'm sorry, did you really? No doubt that RG3 is tough. After that hit he went out there one play later and was Frankensteining down the field. You and I don't get to question that toughness. Noone does. Team doctor said he didn't feel comfortable playing him, so he sits out a nonconference game.

He wasn't frankensteining in practice or pre-game, actually looks sharp. At this point in the season, every game is Crucial. Its not like we are currently 10-3 or even 8-5. If he says he is ready to go play, he can play. The doctor is being super cautious but in the end, we all know our own bodies and limitations. In games like this, we should have our best out there. I hope that we win but if not then I will not be surprised.

He wasn't frankensteining in practice or pre-game, actually looks sharp. At this point in the season, every game is Crucial. Its not like we are currently 10-3 or even 8-5. If he says he is ready to go play, he can play. The doctor is being super cautious but in the end, we all know our own bodies and limitations. In games like this, we should have our best out there. I hope that we win but if not then I will not be surprised.

No offense, and I mean this with the utmost respect, but that's the typical knee jerk fan reaction. The truth is that RG3 is the future of this franchise. That play could have ended his career, or at least caused him to lose the mobility we've gotten used to seeing by now. Sprained knee ligament, the doc says he's not comfortable and the coaches see RG3 all week - I'll go with that.

Well, I can't say who will offer what when for Cousins, but he definitely raised a lot of eyebrows today in a very good way. Unless this was a huge fluke, some team is going to be knocking on the FO's door offering something.

The key question is how we answer. It might be good to let him grow another year and then Kolb him. To Arizona for a 2nd and Fitzgerald? A guy can dream, can't he?

Why is Flynn the backup used for this thread's example? He wasn't traded, he was signed in FA by SEA. Which is something that will never happen to Cousins unless we let him go in FA in 4-5 years.

Cousins is a better Kolb or Cassel, best case scenario. Which might not help us, because Cassel sucks and Kolb's price was ridiculous and never should have been paid by the Cards. Oh, and Kolb sucks too.

Backup QB's that play really well always have a market, but only Schaub has really paid off semi-recently.

Archived