Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crawford - How good is he as KR?

The Trashman

Great return but did he mistake the punter for Ray Lewis or something? Just run for the edge and 9 times out of 10 you'll either get past him or bowl him over. Not sure why he tried to cut back.

haha I thought the same thing... he had the edge on the PUNTER for crying out loud... someone will be donig wind sprints all week.

on an interview the dude said he ran out of gas,,,wtf? I can understand if you were one of those 300lbs plus linemen but come on dude you're a DB. I hope Shanny make u do suicide sprint for the rest of the season. By the way kudos on a excellent run back to set us up for a win. HTTR

on an interview the dude said he ran out of gas,,,wtf? I can understand if you were one of those 300lbs plus linemen but come on dude you're a DB. I hope Shanny make u do suicide sprint for the rest of the season. By the way kudos on a excellent run back to set us up for a win. HTTR

Has absolutely nothing to do with being in shape man. He's a rookie that was fielding a punt in overtime. If you've ever been in a situation like that it's crazy. Best explanation I have is the adrenaline causes you to pretty much expend everything you have pretty quickly then it's like someone just sucked all the air out of you. This is certainly not the first time it's happened to a returner. Bottom line: he gave Kai a short kick for the win and kept our backup QB from having to drive 50 yards to win the game against a scrappy defense (even without Ray and Suggs). Would have been nice to see him house that punt and I'm sure he'll get his fair share of razzing from the team this week, but there is no way it has anything to do with sprints/suicides/fatigue.

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

Now we can cut Banks and sign Cundiff for kickoffs. :silly:

As crazy and unnecessary as that sounds, and as much as I did not like Cundiff, it was a very effective weapon having him kick every ball out of the endzone.

Lol epic post

He had a great first outing, hope he can keep it up. Doesn't have to be a huge break everytime, but I like how he goes forward with a burst and gets something. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but remember Banks has had his ups and praises before he turned into Randel El.

I think it was the cut back, not really out of gas. Thought he could juke and it just didn't work, rookie mistake.

Aldrick Robinson should be returning kickoffs. Don't understand why that decision hasn't made. I don't see the breakaway speed needed for big returns from Niles Paul. And seeing as the return in OT was basically the biggest play of the game today, Crawford is good enough to return punts.

He stepped up big time. Is banks spot in jeopardy finally?

Banks job been in jeopardy. NFL players can breath on him and he would fall down. I seen Banks being one armed tackled, which shows he can't do kick returns anymore.

If Banks could break some tackles then he would still be returning kicks. I also notice Banks lose a lot more yardage by trying to cut back, and he just cant outrun anybody now. I believe that was Banks greatest strength, and without it he's pretty but done.

Banks needs lots of space to succeed in this league as a kick returner.

It seems like he would get pretty tired and fall down on a kickoff around midfield were he to break one. That is entirely too far for him to run full speed apparently lol

If he runs to midfield and falls on his ass every time I'll be thrilled, it beats the hell outta what we've seen outta Banks.

I already saw more positive yards from crawford on pr's in one game than I saw from bb this season. Paul, on the other hand, not so impressive today on ko return duty. Not sure why robinson cant be used as well for kick return duty.....though I think I recall he did have some opportunities in past games.

Crawford was definitely one of the heroes today, even if the kicker tackled him.....

awesome return, I'd say he won the job with that.

I did notice that he fair caught one at the 8 yard line. I always thought you let it bounce inside the 10.

But not a bad effort for his first time in the bright lights. A game breaking return in OT! Gotta love it.

Hail!

Archived