Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crawford - How good is he as KR?

The Trashman

Everybody talks about cutting Banks (I agree) but what about Niles Paul? He has been awful this year with numerous dropped passes & the fumble on the kickoff...

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 09:58 PM ----------

Are we the only team in history to use a TE to return kicks/ lol

he also scored the game clincher against Dallas and had some excellent special teams play

Yeah he is definitely a much better punt returner than Banks.

Endurance will come with time. Good thing we have an offense that can score this year. He was invaluable today on teams.

That said, he needs to get that endurance in gear... because he has Rock Cartwright's disease like a mother, lol.

When we lost Davis, we lost our Tight End as Paul and Paulsen keep making mistakes.

I agree, not sure why Paul is ahead of Cooley. He may have lost a step or two, but he doesn't drop balls like Paul has been doing.

Back on topic. Banks needs to go, he had his chance for a few years, let some fresh air come in. BTW Crawford looks like a 17 yr old kid!!

I have a feeling we've been planning to replace Banks with him for a while and didn't pull the trigger soon enough.

That's not to say dude would have a bunch of punt return TDs or anything, but he looks like, well, a real punt returner for a change lol

He ran out of gas because his heart was pounding through his chest when he hit the hole. The adrenaline sucked it out of him. It has nothing to do with his conditioning, as I am sure he is in great shape. Running away from or trying to "dust" someone in football is not a controlled run, as say, rounding the bases in baseball. That is a sprint, but it is still a controlled run.

Running 80 yards with "one man to beat" will take a lot more out of you than just running eighty yards. It's an experience thing, and he'll get more comfortable as he goes along. Man, Shanny picked a good day to give him a shot. :)

The thing about Paul is he has upside. Like he could be really USEFUL in this offense if he got his ****ing head straight. The reason for this is when they run the pistol, and they fake to Morris, with an RG3 PA sometimes Paul is WIDE OPEN. He's like the 3rd read, but he's probably 1.5 to RG3. He's found him like that today but couldn't hit him, and he found him like that vs. Dallas. It KILLS defenses. It just hasn't been executed properly.

Niles Paul is proving to be like Fred Davis of 3 years ago, except in a much more complex offense. I don't know if any of you remember when Fred would be open by 25-30 yards at a time.

Everybody talks about cutting Banks (I agree) but what about Niles Paul? He has been awful this year with numerous dropped passes & the fumble on the kickoff...

---------- Post added December-9th-2012 at 09:58 PM ----------

Are we the only team in history to use a TE to return kicks/ lol

You can't cut the reincarnation of Shannon Sharpe

I don't care if it's Crawford or Robinson. What makes me lose my mind though is how often they field the ball in the endzone and fail to get passed the 20!! I'm at the point where I'd like to see Danny tell them to take a damn knee unless the ball is short of the goal line! It's frustrating to have to go more than 80 yards after every kickoff.

Crawford looks to have the raw talent. He isn't going to get drastically better on his own, our ST coaching is severly lacking. I will give credit, however, to the lack of blocked kicks and our KR / PR blocking seems to be getting better. That or Banks didn't have the opportunity to run straight at the coverage team.

Great job by Crawford. I just felt more confident in our ability to get good field position with him back there.

Hail

That or Banks didn't have the opportunity to run straight at the coverage team.
he did most of the time. but instead he either calls for the fair catch, or does his best impression of randel el. crawford shows you what happens when you run straight ahead on punts (with good blocking of course)

Archived