Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Giants (Final)

NoLeafClover

Damn I was watching CSN pre-game and there are so many Giants fans out there already…hopefully this isn’t gonna be like the Pittsburgh ’08 game...

I think its just out of towners. When you're in from out of town it's kind of like "what else are we gunna do?" when it comes to going to the game way early. Ya know?

Giants RE Jason Pierre-Paul (back, questionable) and S Kenny Phillips (knee, doubtful) will both start and play on Monday night versus the Redskins.

It's rare to go from doubtful and into the lineup, but Phillips has been adamant that he would play. There really wasn't a whole lot of worry surrounding Pierre-Paul. Both players are key pieces in helping contain Robert Griffin III.

https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/statuses/275730902745755648

UPDATE: Kenny Phillips will play but WILL NOT start per ESPN field report.

I think its just out of towners. When you're in from out of town it's kind of like "what else are we gunna do?" when it comes to going to the game way early. Ya know?

Yea but NY isn’t too far from DC as well as a lot of transplants living in the area already. I just hope it’s not another game like Pittsburgh '08

Yea but NY isn’t too far from DC as well as a lot of transplants living in the area already. I just hope it’s not another game like Pittsburgh '08

That's what i was addressing. It won't be Pittsburgh 08. The NY fans who are coming are already there for the most part. Redskins fans still tailgating.

Redskins Inactives: QB R. Grossman, WR D. Briscoe, CB R. Crawford, LB R. Muckelroy, G. J. LeRibeus, G A. Gettis, DE D. Worthington

So Trent's active. Good, hope he's getting a nice thigh rubdown in the locker room right now. Give him some adrenaline shot or something!

Anybody here talked to anyone that is there tailgating? What's the atmosphere like?

Rick Snider tweeted "Biggest parking lot scene at FedEx in years. Lots of Giants fans, too"

The second part, unfortunately has become the norm. There appears to be nothing we can do to change it but hope that teams with large fan bases all start sucking.

Sobering fact of the day: the last time the Redskins won a Monday Night Football game at FedEx Field, Robert Griffin III was seven years old.

Yeah and Brian Mitchell was playing for us in that game. Its been a while...

Its time to get a win on Monday night! GO SKINS!

I'm beginning to think a lot of the stadium infiltration by opposing fans may just be a fact for all NFCE teams. If you think about it we invade those three stadiums as well, also the distance between NY, Philly and DC is so short combined with all three cities having a lot of transplants from the other 2 cities makes it pretty obvious that opposing fans are going to be in each stadium in fairly high volumes.

How's the crowd looking lil' Murph?

Everyone is slowly starting to trickle in, but so far most of the seats are empty.

I will say there's a lot more blue jerseys out there in the stands than I'd like to see. There are rows with five or six Giants fans all sitting next to each other.

Sobering fact of the day: the last time the Redskins won a Monday Night Football game at FedEx Field, Robert Griffin III was seven years old.

I wonder if we could sneak BMitch into the game? Would love to have some of his "attitude" to give us an extra edge.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

I wonder if we could sneak BMitch into the game? Would love to have some of his "attitude" to give us an extra edge.

Archived