Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Giants (Final)

NoLeafClover

Great moments are born of great opportunity and that's we've earned here tonight. One game. If we played them 10 times they may win 9 but not this game. Not tonight. Tonight we run with them, Tonight we stay with them. AND WE SHUT THEM DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN. Tonight we're the best football team in the NFL. Now go out there and take it.

While I admit that with this Redskins team I am a pessimist at heart and think in my brain the skins will fail tonight albeit hopefully they'll fight to the end. . . there is that possibility with this team. . . . we could win and win big. With our QB we can actually be sitting there up at the top of Fed Ex watching a blowout IN OUR FAVOR. I haven't had hope of that in the longest damn time. I have always been thinking "we can get blown out or keep it close". I've never even considered the possibility of just trouncing someone in a big time game like this. . . until now. We could kick the giants ass tonight. On national TV. We could be the absolute talk of the league this time tomorrow. All it takes is this one game. We beat their asses to the chant of MARA SUCKS, MARA SUCKS and we have officially changed our history. We put 35 on these scumbags and hold them to the low 20's and our entire future is different. Our fanbase could finally lift its head all the way up again. There's a chance of that.

My stomach is in knots.... I know with "The Man" on the field any game is winnable, but we've choked in Prime Time so many times I'm gun shy... and ESPN isn't helping with all their Hype/Jinx crap. Man... scratch all that noise... I now eliminate my jitters with Blow by Atreyu... This ones dedicated to you John Mara...

HTTR!!!!!!! Beat the Gunts!

you know who needs to have a great game? The secondary...if Gomes, Williams and Doughty play well...we can do something...we need to punish Eli a few times early...get some pressure like we did on Romo sits to pee...

Exactly. Especially Gomes and Williams. They've shown up against the Eagles and the first half of the Cowboys game but then fell off again that second half and allowed a ton of crossing routes to get way too many yards after the catch. I have, however, noticed that the Cowboys did the same to the Eagles so hopefully it's just something the Cowboys do overly well.

As long as they can be aggressive enough against the TEs like they've been and not get beat deep as well, I think this is a game where we might actually dominate. It's amazing, but we're witnessing something very special here and God willing it continues.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2012 at 11:54 AM ----------

Reading this article, I think we can safely say how the Giants will NOT approach this game defensively.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/57112/rgiii-key-single-safety-approach

ESPN missed the explanation part of all of that. They forgot to mention that any QB SHOULD throw for more yards against single safety formations because the entire point of those formations is to stack the box against the run. When the Giants went to a two deep look to take away the deep ball it worked against the Packers well since their running game is awful. We've got Alfred Morris and a running game that can rack up some yards if they just want their Dline to do everything up front. And when we drop back to pass if all of their DBs are playing far off there is no one to spot RG3 if he wants to take off. If just one of the Giant's Dlinemen lose contain on a pass rush watch out.

These are the problems Robert presents.

For me, the most exciting thing about this game is that this is the first time in RG3's short NFL career that he will be playing a team he has already played.

We will learn a lot tonight about how teams adapt and change their game plans when seeing RG3 for a second time.

For me, the most exciting thing about this game is that this is the first time in RG3's short NFL career that he will be playing a team he has already played.

We will learn a lot tonight about how teams adapt and change their game plans when seeing RG3 for a second time.

And, just as importantly, we'll learn how RG3 handles a counter punch from an opponent. To me, that's much more critical as we all want him to sustain this success.

I'm gonna head out in about 30 minutes. Have to go from NW to Crystal City to pick my buddy up... then head up to the "Big Package." Should be there in plenty of time.

Weather looks great tonight! Overcast and low 50's... no rain.

We have been through goodell's tactics, Mara's cheating, injuries,etc. We took it all and came back everytime. We got knocked down and we get right back up. This is our time. Their time is over. It's done. I'm so tired of hearing how great the Giants have been. Screw em. It's our time. No one remembers 2nd place. That's why we have to win. They know it, We know it, heck even cows in el paso know it. This is where we make our stand. This is where we push back. Like I said before they may us 9 out of 10 times but not this game. Not tonight. We run with them, we stay with them and WE SHUT THEM DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN.

We have been through goodell's tactics, Mara's cheating, injuries,etc. We took it all and came back everytime. We got knocked down and we get right back up. This is our time. Their time is over. It's done. I'm so tired of hearing how great the Giants have been. Screw em. It's our time. No one remembers 2nd place. That's why we have to win. They know it, We know it, heck even cows in el paso know it. This is where we make our stand. This is where we push back. Like I said before they may us 9 out of 10 times but not this game. Not tonight. We run with them, we stay with them and WE SHUT THEM DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN.

It will be done!

Kurt.gif

Archived