Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Alfred Morris alright? (An untrained observation)

BobGriffin

I'm not talking about his yardage. I'm talking about the way he takes/gives contact. He hasn't been as physical (to me) since the first 6 weeks or so. I have seen on numerous occasions one backer knock him down hard lately.. That wasn't happening during those first weeks. I wondered if others noticed and they have.. Not making this up

You're actually not that off. I've noticed the same thing. He's not shying from contact but he isn't as powerful as he was early in the season. He regained form against the Eagles quite a bit so the bye week was really good for him it seems. I think he got hurt against the Giants and wasn't the same after that until he had some time to rest during the bye week.

But that's actually a testament to his strength and durability. Even at less than 100% he's still out there playing good enough to pose more of a threat than most RBs at 100% in the league.

How does a 6th round pick come in and run like that? How does a rookie QB play like that... amazing.

To my knowledge, they never have aside from Cam last year. Much of the credit here goes to Shanahan and his coaching staff. They have utilized these guys in ways that maximises their effectiveness, and they have brought RG3 especially along slowly letting him ease his way into the game. Now they are letting him open up a bit more, and the results are astounding.

I have no concerns. I think we actually became predictable by subbing Royster. Everyone knew it was a pass. I think we actually had to give Royster some touches to keep the defense guessing.

I totally agree. Late in the 4th vs Philly, we still had Morris out there. And we all saw what happened to McCoy. Why was he out there baffles me.

That was actually a great time to let teams see Royster can run the ball, and pad those 13 carry stats. With him in the game now, teams just attack RG3 and press man because they know we are not going to run.

I am convinced teams dont even game plan at all for Royster, yet was our 3rd down back! Play action with him in the game, ignored. Its why we sucked arse on 3rd down.

I am thrilled to hear Morris now has say in when he leaves the game, and made himself our 3rd down back today. I thought he was getting sat in games past needing a breather, i have to eat crow.

I presume it was Kyle wanting Royster, or a different package in the game. Thinking Morris needed a breather when he didn't.

well Morris has had nearly 200 yards in the last 2 weeks...which is significant considering the Redskins have been scoring often and FAST with deep balls. It is also important to note that this has come after a bye week so he has been rested. NOW..here we go again because Alfred has 11 days to rest his body and get ready for the Giants. There should not be any worry about hitting a wall at this point.

I am convinced teams dont even game plan at all for Royster, yet was our 3rd down back! Play action with him in the game, ignored. Its why we sucked arse on 3rd down.

This is the reason I'm looking forward to getting Helu back next season. He is a true change of pace back with very good speed that the D will have to respect, even when Morris comes out.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2012 at 12:00 PM ----------

well Morris has had nearly 200 yards in the last 2 weeks...which is significant considering the Redskins have been scoring often and FAST with deep balls. It is also important to note that this has come after a bye week so he has been rested. NOW..here we go again because Alfred has 11 days to rest his body and get ready for the Giants. There should not be any worry about hitting a wall at this point.

The bye week came at the most opportune time in the season this year. It was right after a lackluster performance at Carolina when we were extremely injured and right before three straight divisional matchups that would be imperative to win if we are to stay in the playoff race. It not only gave the players a chance to rest and heal up, but it gave the coaches a chance to review not only the Eagles game, but put in a couple of days preparation for the Cowboys game. That was huge considering we only had 4 days in between the Eagles and Cowboys. Also we are in evaluation mode :-)

Archived