Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racist Teens Forced to Answer for Tweets About the ‘-----’ President

SkinInsite

I have reservations about running a story like this about people who are still minors. If you are going to do that, I think it would be a good idea to leave their names out.

That said, I take this as further confirmation that much (not all) of the Obama hate is simply racism.

Agreed. I'm fine with the story itself, but publishing their names was out of line since they're minors.

I have reservations about running a story like this about people who are still minors. If you are going to do that, I think it would be a good idea to leave their names out.

That said, I take this as further confirmation that much (not all) of the Obama hate is simply racism.

Why keep their names out? They are on Twitter, get with the program. If you put your name on Twitter and don't lock your account, it is public. They made public tweets, the information is already there on their profile. Boo hoo, so today's teen generation hasn't caught up to the fact that you can't hide **** on the Internet. Shocking, people born in the mid-late 90s are supposed to be the Tech Generation also.

What? Because literally a few high school aged kids on twitter used racial terms to describe the President, it represents that most (if not all) hate of the President is racially motivated? I would venture to guess that a majority of hate for the President is POLITICALLY motivated (i.e. he has a D next to his name).

Bingo, I can guarantee that the president was of another race (white cough cough) none of those things would ever have been said.

What? Because literally a few high school aged kids on twitter used racial terms to describe the President, it represents that most (if not all) hate of the President is racially motivated? I would venture to guess that a majority of hate for the President is POLITICALLY motivated (i.e. he has a D next to his name).

If you don't think a lot of people do not like this president simply because of the color of his skin, then you are mistaken.

Where do you think the kids learn this hate? They are not born racists, I can promise you that. In fact one of those kids was literally quoting what his mother had said to him that morning.

A lot of it is certainly political and not racist, but you cannot convince that "much" (not "most," there is a difference) of the hate is not racism.

No but they were not in the classroom, they were at home on their parents computers.

The internet and social media today makes the line between in the classroom and not in the classroom all but obsolete. These students are out there very publicly 24/7 talking and posting things, in many cases with their school ties obvious right in their Twitter or Facebook pages. If they do or say something publicly that breaks the rules and code of conduct, no matter whether it is permissible by the 1st amendment, the school has every right to punish them as they see fit.

I would invite you to check out a bunch of Facebook pages or right wing forums. There is a TON of hate towards Obama that is fueled by racism, whether overt or more subtle. I'm not saying all people who hate Obama do it for racial reasons, but I think you're vastly understating how much is out there.

Hopefully lesson learned for these kids. They tweeted these comments to get a rise out of people, plain and simple. Now that they got that rise, I could care less about their feelings, etc. Matter of fact, having their names attached to their comments might help them think twice the next time before spouting off @ the mouth w/ hatred

I'm pretty sure white people weren't calling Bush a ******.

Bush was certainly the object of a lot of hate: I can remember Bush being called a moron, a retard, an idiot, and so on. So I would certainly agree he was the object of hatred.

That said, there is a crucial difference here. People hated Bush, to borrow a famous line, not because of the color of his skin, but because of the content of his character.

Where do you think the kids learn this hate? They are not born racists, I can promise you that. In fact one of those kids was literally quoting what his mother had said to him that morning.

If you don't think a lot of people do not like this president simply because of the color of his skin, then you are mistaken.

A lot of it is certainly political and not racist, but you cannot convince that "much" (not "most," there is a difference) of the hate is not racism.

I would invite you to check out a bunch of Facebook pages or right wing forums. There is a TON of hate towards Obama that is fueled by racism, whether overt or more subtle. I'm not saying all people who hate Obama do it for racial reasons, but I think you're vastly understating how much is out there.
Look, we all know there are racists in this country. But let's not pretend that America is an overly racist place. Just 4 short years ago there were people saying a black man could never be elected because he couldn't carry the white vote. And then Obama went out and carried the white vote.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

Bush was certainly the object of a lot of hate: I can remember Bush being called a moron, a retard, an idiot, and so on. So I would certainly agree he was the object of hatred.

That said, there is a crucial difference here. People hated Bush, to borrow a famous line, not because of the color of his skin, but because of the content of his character.

They called him a monkey and said he resembled an ape. Last I checked, that is why monkey is an offensive term. Do I need to post the pics?

george-bush-monkey-6.jpg%3Fw%3D332%26h%3D432

Bush+Monkey.jpg

bush_planet_chimp.jpg

its 2012 and these kids did these things over twitter and facebook

their names are already known . You could find some of these tweets if you want. I dont see an issue with releasing their names because of that. They have probably been trolled already by the 4ch@n and other groups like that already.

Oh, silly me. I thought you just said that if the President was white, NONE of those things would have been said. My bad for misinterpreting NONE to mean none.

I meant in general yea. A lot of that slander, was race based. So calling Obama a monkey, in my eyes, had a completely different meaning than calling Bush one.

Why keep their names out? They are on Twitter, get with the program. If you put your name on Twitter and don't lock your account, it is public. They made public tweets, the information is already there on their profile. Boo hoo, so today's teen generation hasn't caught up to the fact that you can't hide **** on the Internet. Shocking, people born in the mid-late 90s are supposed to be the Tech Generation also.

exactly

They called him a monkey and said he resembled an ape. Last I checked, that is why monkey is an offensive term. Do I need to post the pics?

Again, I agree people were hateful towards Bush. I do not doubt he was referred to as a monkey, and I would personally condemn stooping to the level of hurling insults in any case, although I still think there is a crucial difference here.

If Bush was compared to a monkey, it was probably an attack based on his apparent intelligence or lack thereof, and not based merely on the color of his skin. It is one thing to judge somebody based on who they are as a person, it is another thing to prejudge somebody based on their ethnicity.

Again, I agree people were hateful towards Bush. I do not doubt he was referred to as a monkey, and I would personally condemn stooping to the level of hurling insults in any case, although I still think there is a crucial difference here.

If Bush was compared to a monkey, it was probably an attack based on his apparent intelligence or lack thereof, and not base merely on the color of his skin. It is one thing to judge somebody based on who they are as a person, it is another thing to prejudge somebody based on their ethnicity.

It was based on saying he LOOKED like a monkey. I posted pics above.

Popeman, if you can't see a qualitative difference between calling a black man a monkey and calling a white man a monkey, given the history of this country, I'm not sure there is anything else to say. One carries overtones that the other does not.

I suggest googling the term "chimp out" for more clarification.

It was based on saying he LOOKED like a monkey. I posted pics above.

Fair enough. This is now my third time agreeing people were hateful towards Bush, and my second time saying I do not condone such lowbrow attacks.

That kind of hatred is still distinct from racism though. I find myself at a loss of how to explain this outside of what I have already said. There really is a difference.

Popeman, if you can't see a qualitative difference between calling a black man a monkey and calling a white man a monkey, given the history of this country, I'm not sure there is anything else to say. One carries overtones that the other does not.

I suggest googling the term "chimp out" for more clarification.

Biingo, I get the whole "there's racism towards whites too" stuff that just has to be brought up in every race thread but sometimes, you need to call a spade a spade.

Archived