Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES's Offical 11/6/2012 Election Results Thread (DISCUSS THE RESULTS HERE)

88Comrade2000

I took my daughter (5yo) to vote this morning. She got upset when I told her we were voting for Obama. Weird, because we've been talking about the election for seems like forever and she's never batted an eye before. I asked her why and she said "I just really think everyone should take turns." Sweet kiddo...

That is exactly what my 7 year old son said to me when I said we were voting for Obama. He said they should take turns so there are new ideas, etc.

He wrote to President Obama earlier this year to lend his support and received an autographed picture, a picture of Bo their dog, and a nice form letter that he thought was a personalized letter just to him. :)

I tried to on Saturday, but the lines were so long that I ran out of time! Poor planning on my part

They were running into a lot of that here too. I voted this morning and it took a little over a half hour. My neighbor voted early and the line for him was over 2 hours.

Absentee ballot seems to be the way to go.

Waited 56 minutes. Never had to wait more than 5 min before this go around.

Also, I don't understand why election officials can't figure out how to move their lines inside. I stood outside for 45 minutes before our polling place realized there was enough space in the school to snake the line around so everyone was inside.

I'd estimate 80-90 minutes this morning in Lake Ridge. Some outside, some inside. Friendly electoral staff, but kind of slow. My back is hurting a little bit. Still, was glad to be able to have the freedom to cast a vote; it reminds you of what you have living here. I'll be very interested in taking my daughter to the next one, when she'll be six.

Wonder what will be more shocking: An Obama landslide? A Romney landslide?

I think the reaction to an Obama win from FOX and the right wing media will be about what you expect. I fully expect someone to loose it on Wednesday.

The more entertaining reaction to watch would be MSNBC and their reaction to a Romney win; especially if it were a Romney landslide with him winning several Dem states.

I'll probably be flipping between CNN and FOX. Will breeze by the others.

Hubby & I voted together for the first time last Monday. OBAMA, YA'LL!:D

I'm somewhere between laughing and crying, and I'll probably be like this all day. I work 11:30-5, and made sure I had something frozen I could just throw in the oven for dinner tonight. TVs will all be on MSNBC...(duh, always).:pfft:

made sure I had something frozen I could just throw in the oven for dinner tonight. TVs will all be on MSNBC...(duh, always).:pfft:

I'm picking up some good sushi tonight so I can classify it as either my comfort food or my celebratory dinner.:D

I went a couple of times about 10 days ago and left because of 2+ hour wait times. Mrs. '06 and I returned Saturday a week ago early in the AM and the line was out the door again so we left and came back in the afternoon at which point there was "only" about a 45 minute wait. Even though we live in a very red state and our vote is at best symbolic there's no way in hell we'd ever miss voting because of the sacrifices made by others to gain/keep access to it.

I'll now make a bold prediction. We will all be winners after today because the political ads, phone calls, etc. will finally stop....until next time anyway.

What time of day were you guys early voting? My coworker went last week and waited 5 minutes.

Late morning in Raleigh, NC on the second day of early voting. Waited maybe 5-10 minutes to get in and it takes about 10 minutes to fill out the ballot when not voting party lines. Love early voting.

I'm sure Obama will get out to an early lead until all of the Republicans get off from work.

Well . . .aren't you so smart, but you are you are forgetting us Obama supporters wake up at 11am and then have nap time from 1-3. That doesn't leave a lot of time for voting!

Archived