Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Brandon Banks still on this team?

AsiaticSkinsFan

Why is Brandon Banks on this roster? Why is Reed Doughty still here? Why is Danny Smith still here? Why does Kyle Shanahan call **** like 3 outside runs and a screen pass from 1st and goal? Why is Jim Haslett still employed anywhere at all? Why is Niles Paul still out there running routes? Why is Aldrick Robinson getting more snaps than Santana Moss? Why did we have to lose Pierre Garcon for 8 weeks? Why is Brandon Meriweather made of glass? Why did we think we could go out there with Madieu Williams, DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, and [insert safety here] and NOT give up a retarded amount of yards? Why can't we run our defense from from deep in the other team's territory without giving up 70 or 80 yard pass plays? Why can't we get a stop on 3rd down ever? Why do the referees ****ing hate us with a passion?

We may never know.

lol +11111111111

this is how i feel...so confused

He also cost us an extra play at the end of the game. Any other player who would have caught that play at the end of the game would have smartly tried to go out of bounds or gone down. He ran around in little circles for about 20 seconds to make sure we didn't have enough time to run another play.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

Why is Brandon Banks on this roster? Why is Reed Doughty still here? Why is Danny Smith still here? Why does Kyle Shanahan call **** like 3 outside runs and a screen pass from 1st and goal? Why is Jim Haslett still employed anywhere at all? Why is Niles Paul still out there running routes? Why is Aldrick Robinson getting more snaps than Santana Moss? Why did we have to lose Pierre Garcon for 8 weeks? Why is Brandon Meriweather made of glass? Why did we think we could go out there with Madieu Williams, DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, and [insert safety here] and NOT give up a retarded amount of yards? Why can't we run our defense from from deep in the other team's territory without giving up 70 or 80 yard pass plays? Why can't we get a stop on 3rd down ever? Why do the referees ****ing hate us with a passion?

We may never know.

I absolutely hate the fact that I agree with you. How can we have a quarterback this good and be this bad. I know that RG3 is a big time team player, but after these performances I am scared to death that he is going to ask to be traded, thank god he isn't that type of player though.

We may never know.

Snyder must have some seriously bad karma.

It's like we finally got a new engine for our car and the wheels fall off, the muffler stops working, the intake gets clogged, the flywheel cracks, and something happened with the transmission but no one is quite sure what. And when you roll up to the dealer to fix it, they're like "Sure, total repairs will be $4000, except we're only allowing you to spend $500 on repairs." And Snyder says "You can't repair ANYTHING for $500, much less everything."

And from behind the counter, a man in a blue uniform with the nametag "Mara" smiles, and say "I know."

Did you all see RGIII's reaction to Banks' jukin and jivin on that last play? Banks only seems to show up in preseason. He'll get a big return or two to secure his spot on the 53 man roster and then it seems as if he runs directly to tackles once the real games start. That along with that bs play at the end of the game convinced me that I've seen enough. That roster spot can go to someone who can really contribute to this team.

Because Brandon Banks is the truth and he can touch the ball one time and bring it either (-20) yards or +108 yards.... but all of those minus plays or fumbles are worth it when he can bring the ball back to the 22 yard line on a kick off.

Furthermore... keeping Banks on as a returner instead of getting touches for a guy like Aldrick Robinson, and getting him more comfortable on the field... is by far the right answer.

Just ask any Brandon Banks fan. They'll tell you the same thing.

I asked myself this when he was kept and Cooley was let go.

Anyone who though that was a good idea is a damn fool.

Will you guys give it a rest? Cooley is not all that anymore and was NEVER elite. I agree, Banks should not have been brought back, but that goes the same for Cooley. In all honesty, I would not have brought Moss back either.

Did you all see RGIII's reaction to Banks' jukin and jivin on that last play? Banks only seems to show up in preseason. He'll get a big return or two to secure his spot on the 53 man roster and then it seems as if he runs directly to tackles once the real games start. That along with that bs play at the end of the game convinced me that I've seen enough. That roster spot can go to someone who can really contribute to this team.

Yep, its always a good sign when your star franchise QB looks to the sidelines and throws up his hands in a "wtf?" gesture while the play is still going on and Banks is over there going 1 on 9, on a mission to run every last second off the clock.

Will you guys give it a rest? Cooley is not all that anymore and was NEVER elite. I agree, Banks should not have been brought back, but that goes the same for Cooley. In all honesty, I would not have brought Moss back either.

Cooley, Moss, Fletcher, Banks, Hall .. They all need to be cut loose. The heck with the sentimental value.. this is business. A business that is currently FAILING with these "core" players.

Cooley, Moss, Fletcher, Banks, Hall .. They all need to be cut loose. The heck with the sentimental value.. this is business. A business that is currently FAILING with these "core" players.

Amen. You said exactly what I'm thinking.

I was not sure what we went to him three times in key situations, but the coaches must see something in him. I do not know that he adds much value. Great straight line speed, but unfortunately there are very few plays that call for straight line only. The play where the ball bounced over his head and he went back to get it showed (IMO) poor judgement.

There are bigger concerns right now than Banks. It would appear that his contributions have been minimal.

Archived