Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Brandon Banks still on this team?

AsiaticSkinsFan

I wouldn't say get rid of him entirely. I'd put him on the practice squad. Let him mature even more.

Not a fan of him trying to be Dante Hall. Dante Hall would run sideline to sideline and still score. Banks runs hash to hash and falls over.

He should've just ran out of bounds on the final play. As you all know, that would've given us another chance.

Paul can return. It would be interesting to see Royster as a returner, as well.

I wouldn't say get rid of him entirely. I'd put him on the practice squad. Let him mature even more.

Not a fan of him trying to be Dante Hall. Dante Hall would run sideline to sideline and still score. Banks runs hash to hash and falls over.

He should've just ran out of bounds on the final play. As you all know, that would've given us another chance.

Paul can return. It would be interesting to see Royster as a returner, as well.

Royster wouldn't make it to the 10 before getting tackled...if he caught it on the 5.

That dude is slow and a waste.

Cooley, Moss, Fletcher, Banks, Hall .. They all need to be cut loose. The heck with the sentimental value.. this is business. A business that is currently FAILING with these "core" players.

Agree. None of them should be on the team next year (Except Hall if we can't find anyone better in the offseason)

I agree he has regressed. I used to love watching him score long returns but not anymore.

Funny thing is, we will watch him get cut and then he will end up with another team, another BETTER coach and start to score big TDs again.

That's how it works around here.

Come on.

Another coach is going to have to pack 40 pounds on that guy before he can even begin to play this game.

They're going to have to teach him how to play his positions, because he has no idea.

he doesn't know how to follow a block, set up a block, beat a defender off the line, or do anything except pretend it's sandlot ball.

He has no moves, he has no strength, he has no game.

He hasn't regressed. He has never PROgressed. He absolutely has no business being in this league.

heis still the same tiny little twerp who does amazingly stupid things like let a punt bounce RIGHT BEHIND him, and after it amazingly did not strike him and cause a fumble, he TURNS HIS BACK and chases it down while a defender is right on his shoulder.

He fields punts at the 2.

He brings kickoffs out from deep while his blockers are telling him to stay.

he runs so far laterally he always ends up on his own, fighting several tacklers with no help.

(BTW isn't it great he's got such an AWESOME special teams coach to teach him? Man, he's learned so much. He's learned how to make disastrous decisions EVERY SINGLE WEEK. And somehow, he's also learned that he's lucky enough to keep doing it. Danny Smith obviously thinks the dice always come up 7s.)

This little twerp is out of miracles. And so is his idiot coach.

Cut him.

~Bang

that last play of the game was icing on the cake. he wasted i think 13 seconds doing a bunch of nothing. but heres what pisses me off: why the **** do we put the ball in his hands in a situation like that? hes not our playmaker. i think the shanahans dont want to ruin rg3's stats by having him throw a INT on a hail mary. theres no way banks should have the ball with the game on the line.

why the **** do we put the ball in his hands in a situation like that? hes not our playmaker.

I'm with you on the above. The perception seems to be he is one of the few guys we have who has the speed to take it to the house from distance. Thats a mirage in my opinion - I can kind of understand the play call, quick screen to a guy with the speed to break it and then maybe set up some laterals down field. Tough to throw it in the end zone from inside our 20 even with RGIIIs arm. So throw it to Robinson - he is a burner and an actual receiver ANYONE frankly but Banks.

come on.

Another coach is going to have to pack 40 pounds on that guy before he can even begin to play this game.

They're going to have to teach him how to play his positions, because he has no idea.

He doesn't know how to follow a block, set up a block, beat a defender off the line, or do anything except pretend it's sandlot ball.

He has no moves, he has no strength, he has no game.

He hasn't regressed. He has never progressed. He absolutely has no business being in this league.

Heis still the same tiny little twerp who does amazingly stupid things like let a punt bounce right behind him, and after it amazingly did not strike him and cause a fumble, he turns his back and chases it down while a defender is right on his shoulder.

He fields punts at the 2.

He brings kickoffs out from deep while his blockers are telling him to stay.

He runs so far laterally he always ends up on his own, fighting several tacklers with no help.

(btw isn't it great he's got such an awesome special teams coach to teach him? Man, he's learned so much. He's learned how to make disastrous decisions every single week. And somehow, he's also learned that he's lucky enough to keep doing it. Danny smith obviously thinks the dice always come up 7s.)

this little twerp is out of miracles. And so is his idiot coach.

Cut him.

~bang

hyfr!!!

I was FLOORED that they threw him the ball at the end of the game. I was even more FLOORED when he runs around like an idiot wasting time. Even RG3, the rookie of the season, was throwing his hands up wondering what was going on.

Something hasn't been right with Banks for years. The only way this guy can be useful IMO is if he can outrun CB's and get deep down the field to catch an open pass. He can't jump high enough to catch with a CB on him nor can he break tackles. I guess he's just not as fast as we thought and can't do that.

Then again I highly question the plays the coaches are calling for RG3 as well as Banks. It may not be Banks fault but in the end, I just don't think we can afford to have him on the team. Whether or not he goes somewhere and burns CB's is really on our coaches.

I was FLOORED that they threw him the ball at the end of the game. I was even more FLOORED when he runs around like an idiot wasting time. Even RG3, the rookie of the season, was throwing his hands up wondering what was going on.

Something hasn't been right with Banks for years. The only way this guy can be useful IMO is if he can outrun CB's and get deep down the field to catch an open pass. He can't jump high enough to catch with a CB on him nor can he break tackles. I guess he's just not as fast as we thought and can't do that.

Then again I highly question the plays the coaches are calling for RG3 as well as Banks. It may not be Banks fault but in the end, I just don't think we can afford to have him on the team. Whether or not he goes somewhere and burns CB's is really on our coaches.

I think he's cognizant of the tenuous nature of his roster spot, and frankly of being in the league at all. Cuz you'll notice when he starts to get desperate to make something happen, he starts taking chances on returns and jumping all around and running backwards desperate to make something happen and prove his value.

I've been over Banks since last year, but if they want him returning kicks...whatever. What I cannot accept is putting the ball in his hands on two key third downs deep in Carolina territory. This game turned on those failed plays in my opinion. We left 11 points on the field by giving the ball to Banks in situations which he has yet to produce in his career. Maddening!

This was my biggest problem yesterday and it is still bothering me...Go with what got you inside the 5: RG3 and Morris. You're gonna give the ball to a 140 pound kid that runs backwards and can't break a tackle? What the **** is that????

that last play of the game was icing on the cake. he wasted i think 13 seconds doing a bunch of nothing. .

Honestly,, it almost looked as if Carolina was just letting him run into his little corner, and then slinging him backwards and keeping him from going out of bounds.

It was like seeing 11 cats torment a mouse.

~Bang

Why is Brandon Banks on this roster? Why is Reed Doughty still here? Why is Danny Smith still here? Why does Kyle Shanahan call **** like 3 outside runs and a screen pass from 1st and goal? Why is Jim Haslett still employed anywhere at all? Why is Niles Paul still out there running routes? Why is Aldrick Robinson getting more snaps than Santana Moss? Why did we have to lose Pierre Garcon for 8 weeks? Why is Brandon Meriweather made of glass? Why did we think we could go out there with Madieu Williams, DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, and [insert safety here] and NOT give up a retarded amount of yards? Why can't we run our defense from from deep in the other team's territory without giving up 70 or 80 yard pass plays? Why can't we get a stop on 3rd down ever? Why do the referees ****ing hate us with a passion?

We may never know.

I'm pretty sure this is where I'm at right now, lol.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 07:25 AM ----------

I've been over Banks since last year, but if they want him returning kicks...whatever. What I cannot accept is putting the ball in his hands on two key third downs deep in Carolina territory. This game turned on those failed plays in my opinion. We left 11 points on the field by giving the ball to Banks in situations which he has yet to produce in his career. Maddening!

Maddening?

funny-sports-pictures-heres-a-guy.jpg

Mike thinks he is a playmaker, but he is not put into a place on offense to do that.

While we aren't happy with few big returns, he largely has done better than ARE. He fumbles, but hasn't turned it over. I give him a C on returns. Average. I do want others to get a look, Moss or Robinson.

The mind boggling thing is more that Banks has largely been used as a running back. You can't fault him for that and its failures. Even in the passing game, we throw a screen over to him, with 11 guys swarming at him.

It must be considered a success that he survived a given play and didn't fumble. Sure on the final play he was a ball hog, but no fan thought we would win at that point. If he somehow scored, you would love the call. Is he left handed? Maybe he didnt have time to turn to throw back towards 3. I dunno. We see guys refuse to get out of bounds, take personal fouls, make dumb plays, every single year.

The horrible play calls to him - running in goal to go, and a lack of RB depth have him featured in ways that he can largely only fail, and it fuels the fire against him.

He needs to be used in open space, tried deep on rollouts etc that afford him time to run free. We use him as a RB! Its mind boggling to think he can somehow make a huge play getting the ball behind the LOS pinned on the sideline, over and over.

The way some people speak/have spoken about him, you would think he is/was in the same class as Devin Hester, Josh Cirbbs and Darren Sproles. Heck, Dante Hall was a more effective player than Banks ever was and Hall was just a flash in the pan who was released in no time. Cut Banks and bring in someone that can contribute in some fashion to the team.

He dominates in preseason, when he is winning his job.

He does pull off the occasional 50 yarder though.

We can only speculate how much Danny Smith has a hand in his 1 TD numbers. I see designed returns up the gut far too often for my liking. IMAAO, he needs to make his living near the security of the sidelines, or reversing back from there.

I like the concept of his role on the team and the plays designed for him, but we need a better player to do it. And it needs to be a player who can be on the field more consistently. I'm pretty sure defenses see Banks sub in and are expecting a trick play.

Archived