Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

Just curious....what is it the snow lovers really "love"?

For me, its the excuse to work from home and spend time in the house with family rather than come into the office. I get the feeling plenty of adults feel the same way but just don't say it openly - and that is to have an excuse not to go into work.

yeah, theres that reason. plus, for college students like me (or any students really), to get out of school for at least a day

Sometimes I love to go outside while it snows when traffic stops and everyone goes indoors. It's very quiet and calm. I just love that sound.

Stop it. I love to lace up my serious winter gear and go walking in snowstorms. It's exactly like you described.

When the blizzards have hit, I've always had to play fetch with my dogs up and down the roads around here. Not a vehicle in sight, all you hear are the snowflakes hitting you, the wind gusts, and the dogs breathing when they bring the toys back. Probably the most memorable times with my dogs has been playing fetch in the blizzards.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but there's a clipper coming through *checks time* tonight.

Dewpoints are extremely low right now...like below zero low. But who knows, by the time it gets here hopefully we can squeeze out some moisture and get a quick inch.

yeah, theres that reason. plus, for college students like me (or any students really), to get out of school for at least a day

Unless you're on a full ride, you're paying for college, so I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking. To be sure, I felt that way in high school, but my attitude changed in college since that was an opportunity I was paying for.

Besides which, it says you're from McLean, which is where I grew up. Unless high school up there has changed a lot in the past 15 years, it's a pretty competitive academic environment. You should hunger for school :ols:

Unless you're on a full ride, you're paying for college, so I'm not sure I understand this line of thinking. To be sure, I felt that way in high school, but my attitude changed in college since that was an opportunity I was paying for.

Besides which, it says you're from McLean, which is where I grew up. Unless high school up there has changed a lot in the past 15 years, it's a pretty competitive academic environment. You should hunger for school :ols:

nah my dad pays my college tuition :) i went to a small school in Rockville MD so my highschool wasnt all that academically challenging.

Archived