Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

Nope, I was a young lad and not in the area at the time. I was thinking of the storm 2? years ago that hit mid-afternoon and covered the roads within an hour. I remember it was the area after the snowpocalypses and Towson was supposed to play Mason that night in Fairfax but their bus got stuck on the beltway.

ah yea that january storm. i was a junior in highschool at the time. school was canceled that day (wednesday) and then ended up being canceled the rest of the week as well :)

I live south of Rt 50 in south Fairfax County. I'll probably see something, I just don't think it will be the 5 inches or so that I was really hoping for.

Only time will tell. It is becoming more clear how this storm will perform but things can certainly change. Fredericksburg looks like a good spot to me.

I'm still leaving work early, and taking a few hours of unscheduled leave today. 1 Inch of snow makes my commute 2 hours - NO THANKS

Yeah that's the biggest problem with these afternoon storms. Even if Baltimore only gets 1/2" right around when I'm leaving school there's no telling when I'll get home with my daughter. The best case scenarios for me are either zero snow, or it snows so much in DC that the Baltimore City school system closes early to stay ahead of things. By the time the snow hits in DC though, I think it'll be too late for that.

lol rain really?

It's to warm...maybe some snow, but doubt any will stick.

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 08:34 AM ----------

From Capital Weather Gang "Model watchers: Latest NAM still gives DC little to no precip Thurs--cutoff is Rt. 50."

Yup.. seems like a typical let down.

As I said early...no snow.

This is the first time (snow wise) in a long time that I am happy I live in So. MD.

Yeah man, it looks like you will get a couple inches but the cutoff to the north will be sharp. I would say the D.C. area will be lucky to see a flurry.

From what I've heard, Richmond can expect 3-4 inches this evening 6PM - 1AM per wunderground.com.

any other models showing differently?

The NWS says 2-4 for you in Richmond so I'd go with them over weatherunderground personally.

Archived