Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

Today is only Sunday and they got trucks all over upper Montgomery spreading that liquid de-icer stuff on the major roads out here. It's going on right now. The roads are all wet around Olney and Brookeville.

I guess there's a slim chance for winter weather tomorrow. And apparently there's some sort of inauguration thing going on downtown tomorrow.

The arctic front that's coming through tomorrow will probably spawn snow showers.

Like the pop up thunderstorms we have in the summer, type of snow showers. They're brief and scattered but when they do hit you they hit hard. So some people may see nothing, while a few miles away they're seeing whiteout conditions and a very quick half inch or so of snow.

If you like winter, you'll like this week. Tomorrow may be the only time we make it above freezing until probably next Monday.

Thursday night into Friday is looking more and more likely....but we've been here before :)

They're calling for a wintery mix right now, not because temps will be a problem here at the surface but some warm are may creep in aloft. Whatever reaches the ground though will certainly be frozen.

And since we won't even make it out of the 20s Wed. and Thurs. whatever falls will stick if snow or slick if ice, very quickly.

They are saying there is the potential for significant snow here on Long Island too for Friday. But I do know there is a lot of uncertainty with track, intensity, and timing. We did get a little snow last night.

And I was driving home from North Carolina and the Delaware Memorial Bridge was frozen solid. They closed one side and wouldn't let you go over 5 mph on the side I was on. Crazy stuff.

;9407496']They are saying there is the potential for significant snow here on Long Island too for Friday. But I do know there is a lot of uncertainty with track' date=' intensity, and timing. We did get a little snow last night.

And I was driving home from North Carolina and the Delaware Memorial Bridge was frozen solid. They closed one side and wouldn't let you go over 5 mph on the side I was on. Crazy stuff.[/quote']

How has that area recovered since Sandy?

Archived