Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Bond 26, will be the end of the James Bond franchise.

Apparently, they are introducing a female "O07" in the next Bond movie.

https://www.insider.com/lashana-lynch-cast-as-first-black-female-007-james-bond-2019-7

Yeah, "007" is just a number but that character is so identified with a male; going female I think will kill the franchise for good.

Edited by Rdskns2000

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Looks like Bond 26, will be the end of the James Bond franchise.

Apparently, they are introducing a female "007" at the end of the next Bond movie.

https://www.insider.com/lashana-lynch-cast-as-first-black-female-007-james-bond-2019-7

Yeah, "007" is just a number but that character is so identified with a male; going female I think will kill the franchise for good.

That's different from what I had read earlier. I read somewhere else that the film opens with Bond in retirement and the female agent has taken on the 007 codename.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

That's different from what I had read earlier. I read somewhere else that the film opens with Bond in retirement and the female agent has taken on the 007 codename.

No, you're right.  They are introducing her in the beginning of the movie.   I read the article wrong.  I went back and edited my post.

Well, considering Daniel Craig is in the movie; I assume he comes out of retirement one last time.  I know the "OO" designation can be given to anyone but it seems they are introducing this female "OO7 to prepare for a female taking over the role of "OO7" in Bond 26.  I just can't see OO7 not being male and not being James Bond.  That character is defined by one person and I don't see it working.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No, you're right.  They are introducing her in the beginning of the movie.   I read the article wrong.  I went back and edited my post.

Well, considering Daniel Craig is in the movie; I assume he comes out of retirement one last time.  I know the "OO" designation can be given to anyone but it seems they are introducing this female "OO7 to prepare for a female taking over the role of "OO7" in Bond 26.  I just can't see OO7 not being male and not being James Bond.  That character is defined by one person and I don't see it working.

I said it before, I think maybe in this thread....rebooting movies with females as leads in order to draw and revive interest is lazy.  

If you want to make a good Bond movie, make a good Bond movie.  Don't rely on a gimmick to get people to pay attention.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sounds like she's gonna die and hes going to take his old job back.  Hope it's not that predictable 

THE LAST STARFIGHTER Sequel Being Developed

In 1984, Alex Rogan was just “a small town boy with big time dreams,” but what do you think he is up to in 2019? Has he managed to rebuild the Star League? And did he manage to bring Xur to justice? We might finally get answers to those questions soon, because a sequel to The Last Starfighter is in the works.

The-Last-Starfighter-1200x676.jpg

Writer Gary Whitta, who co-developed the story for Rogue One, posted on Twitter that he is working as writer and producer on a sequel 35 years in the making. Whitta and Jonathan Betuel, the writer and creator of The Last Starfighter, have been working on a followup to the sci-fi classic.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am there opening night.  I don't care that I know that sequels that come out way too late are usually terrible.  This looks ****ing awesome.

Hell yeah!  This is why I tell people you're my cousin.  
Image result for we're the same person

Edited by Chew
  • Haha 2

Eddie Murphy, Netflix close to $70M deal for standup comeback: 

eddie_murphy.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/eddie-murphy-to-make-standup-comedy-comeback-for-70m-netflix-payday-report/amp/

Eddie Murphy is gearing up to get raw again.

The reclusive comedy legend, 58, hasn’t been on the standup stage in years, but he’s reportedly in talks with Netflix for a series of comedy specials, sources close to Murphy tell TMZ.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

OH MY GOD!  :o

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-jesus-rolls-john-tururro-jesus-quintana-movie-release-date-screen-media-1202643024/

Screen Media has acquired North American rights The Jesus Rolls, the movie from John Turturro that returns his Big Lebowski character Jesus Quintana to the big screen more than 20 years later. Turturro wrote, directed and stars in the pic, which the indie distributor now plans to release in early 2020.

Nobody ****s with the Jesus!  

Image result for jesus quintana gif

Edited by Chew
  • Like 4

On 7/14/2019 at 8:42 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I said it before, I think maybe in this thread....rebooting movies with females as leads in order to draw and revive interest is lazy.  

If you want to make a good Bond movie, make a good Bond movie.  Don't rely on a gimmick to get people to pay attention.  

Its a total Kathleen Kennedy kind of move. 

On 7/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Double whoa.

Looks like the Terminator might have an easier time catching him this time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Looks like the Terminator might have an easier time catching him this time. 

Calling it now he dies in the first half of the movie. If this is successful, they are looking at a trilogy. No way they are pinning their trilogy on John Connor being played by that dude. 

I bet he dies and they’ll all be stunned like how could John die when he’s supposed to be the chosen one and then they’ll realize the events of T2 changed the future and John wasn’t the one that saves the world it’s the new blonde girl 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

On July 19, 2019 at 12:39 PM, ClaytoAli said:

Eddie Murphy, Netflix close to $70M deal for standup comeback: 

I still frequently listen to his bit about aunt Bunny and uncle Gus at the cookout from Delirious.

"I know a mother ****ing Bigfoot when I see one Gus!"

• Haha 1