Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooooooley!

HeluCopter29

Oh yeah, as far as giving a younger player a shot... that is loser talk. We are only two games out with nine games left. We over here trying to win games. If a younger player deserved time, they would have earned it back in camp....

I am not one of those fans who slurp on Cooley, but I will say that I bet he would have caught that pass that Niles Paul couldn't in the red zone today. He is not ready yet, I am pretty sure Cooley is.

I imagine that Cooley is better than Niles right now, but why not see what Paul can do with regular reps over the remainder of the season and use Cooley for depth? Remember that Cooley's injury is what opened our eyes to Davis.

Because there was an inkling that Davis was going to be good and come around. Paul was a special teamer, and a so-so WR. They switched him to TE and he is still a good special teamer and a below average TE. He has had his opportunities to make a difference and prove people wrong. He failed in proving anyone wrong.

Because there was an inkling that Davis was going to be good and come around. Paul was a special teamer, and a so-so WR. They switched him to TE and he is still a good special teamer and a below average TE. He has had his opportunities to make a difference and prove people wrong. He failed in proving anyone wrong.

Good points...that's a fair point. How about we agree that Paulsen has earned the playing time when he's had to play?

Who said Paulsen won't start ahead of him? Let's see how it plays out, first. :)

Cooley wouldn't come back unless he was the starter, which is why I couldn't give less of a **** about this. I'm over Cooley. I hope he plays well, for the team. But you either want to be there for your teammates, or you don't. And he didn't want to play here or anywhere for the vet min unless he was starting. Now he sees his opportunity and jumps back on board? Not really cool. We've got something special brewing here, but he only wanted to be a part of it under his own terms. Tough to forget that.

I like Paulsen but just feel like he is slow lol...He can't run effective seam routs or deep slants like davis or niles(even though he would drop the pass) can. He runs short routes but he makes the catch and gets the yards and is also effective in his own right...I dunno, I just don't like him as a receiving tight end which is what or starting TE position is. I watched him warm up one game doing sprints, the cincy game, and was thinking my God Paulsen is slow

I wish Niles would get it in gear but he has made big mistakes in games as a tight end but then beasts as a special teamer....don't think he has transitioned his mindset from WR to TE yet. Going from running against CB to being asked to block a DE is a whole different ball game

I just really feel like a lot of you are going to be disappointed...

He's coming in for depth...not to start.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna be sorta like Ryan Grant

I think most of us know exactly why hes coming back.

But I also think most think that he will be at least the 2nd TE, and will probably beat out Paulsen for the starting job.

I think most of us know exactly why hes coming back.

But I also think most think that he will be at least the 2nd TE, and will probably beat out Paulsen for the starting job.

Paulsen can block. Cooley can't.

In this dynamic O, opened up with Robert, Paulsen is as useful in the passing game as Cooley is limited due to age and injury.

I seriously doubt the current active TE's have much to worry about. Paul has been a disappointment and hard transition no doubt. But you've got to stick with him at TE at least the full season since you've committed to him there.

Hail.

Cooley wouldn't come back unless he was the starter, which is why I couldn't give less of a **** about this. I'm over Cooley. I hope he plays well, for the team. But you either want to be there for your teammates, or you don't. And he didn't want to play here or anywhere for the vet min unless he was starting. Now he sees his opportunity and jumps back on board? Not really cool. We've got something special brewing here, but he only wanted to be a part of it under his own terms. Tough to forget that.

Didn't the staff have a meeting with him? Do you think they just said "sure, we'll just hand you the starting job if someone goes down"?

I highly doubt it. Don't really care what Cooley said. There was a meeting after that and I'm sure the FO spelled it out to him. I'm going to let this play out... it really is that simple to me.

Paulsen can block. Cooley can't.

In this dynamic O, opened up with Robert, Paulsen is as useful in the passing game as Cooley is limited due to age and injury.

I seriously doubt the current active TE's have much to worry about. Paul has been a disappointment and hard transition no doubt. But you've got to stick with him at TE at least the full season since you've committed to him there.

Hail.

yeah...Paul is their pet project.

He is getting the whole year to prove himself.

I think a lot of posters thinks this means he will be a vocal part of the offense. No...he hasn't been good since McNugget left.

His stats over the last 4 years aren't very reassuring (except 2010)

yeah...Paul is their pet project.

He is getting the whole year to prove himself.

I think a lot of posters thinks this means he will be a vocal part of the offense. No...he hasn't been good since McNugget left.

His stats over the last 4 years aren't very reassuring (except 2010)

not too sold on paul. he hasn't done much with the opportunities given to him, also he completely whiffed/tripped on that assignment block when RG3 got sacked today. Blind side hit, good thing RG3 was okay.

Just saying Cooley get's a call down to the team being desperate for a body.

Well, and a mind already brainwashed The Shanahan Way. Nobody else can be game ready more quickly. He's not operatively worse than your other unsigned TEs, and he knows the system better than the guys currently on the roster. You sign him.

The youth evaluation angle here is crazy. There's likely nobody worth signing that's on the market now, and Cooley doesn't get PT unless the coaches have already decided he's better than what they've got. Signing him is a no brainer.

Now why Cooley didin't want to play somewhere else, I have no idea. Things broke just right for him.

Cooley's just a depth signing. Although he will compete for that #2 spot with my man Niles. Paulsen played very well today and deserves the #1 spot.

Exactly. What this guy says.

Though Cooley's earned catching a pass or two from RG3 before he really retires. ;)

Archived