Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooooooley!

HeluCopter29

hes back!

"Chris Cooley has agreed to rejoin the Washington Redskins, a person familiar with the situation said Sunday night, hours after the team lost fellow tight end Fred Davis to a season-ending torn left Achilles’ tendon suffered during a loss to the New York Giants."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/fred-davis-redskins-leading-pass-catcher-is-lost-for-the-season/2012/10/21/403dfd40-1bc7-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html

I was gonna start a thread about his return but it hasent been made official as of yet. Pending a successful workout tomorrow. But news is that he's kept himself in excellent football shape just in case we needed him. I have no doubt that he'll pass the physical and be with us against the steelers. Lets go Chris!! Welcome back bro.

Who said Paulsen won't start ahead of him? Let's see how it plays out, first. :)

I just dont like the idea of getting older as opposed to giving a young player an opportunity. Cooley will inevitably take over the starting roll and for what reason? Its not like he'll be around when this team is truly ready to contend. I'd rather roll the dice and evaluate paulsen and niles. This move is remnance of the past.

I just dont like the idea of getting older as opposed to giving a young player an opportunity. Cooley will inevitably take over the starting roll and for what reason? Its not like he'll be around when this team is truly ready to contend. I'd rather roll the dice and evaluate paulsen and niles. This move is remnance of the past.

I've argued vehemently against this line of thought since Shanahan has come here. Shanahan has shown that players earn playing time during practice since he's been here, and it's worked out very well. Will Montgomery (Rabach was ahead of him), Lichtensteiger (Dockery ahead of him), Hankerson (last year Gaffney and Moss were ahead of him), Morris, etc...

There are a lot of examples. As much as I respected Gibbs and what he accomplished here, that was something he would do. Same with Zorn because Zorn had no control or authority. They just gave roster spots to the veterans simply because. Shanahan hasn't done that since he's been here, so it's as simple as acknowledging this fact and you'll be on your way with dumping this way of thinking. He's brought in guys like McNabb, Gaffney, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, etc... and soon as he saw they wouldn't really be able to contribute, especially long term, he's let them go.

Sometimes it's ok to allow an older vet to compete. The young guys who play better will start over them under Shanahan, period.

Archived