Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooooooley!

HeluCopter29

Paul doesn't deserve to start...
Agree, Paul doesn't deserve rides to the game, much less then play in them.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 05:49 AM ----------

And No worry to us Paulson lovers, he wont be going anywhere, he will be used just as he is.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 05:49 AM ----------

And No worry to us Paulson lovers, he wont be going anywhere, he will be used just as he is.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 05:54 AM ----------

I truly believe things happen for a reason in life... the fact that Davis got hurt and Cooley was there and available for us to be bring back is not a coincidence.
This is a fact and something good is already brewing with this team, even with our main players going down. Maybe one of them drives we screwed up on in NY would have been a different turnout, like a TD with Cooley on the field. Only time will tell the tail, I'm ready for this to play out for the good.

Agree, Paul doesn't deserve rides to the game, much less then play in them.

Paul needs a year in the position - he can block downfield, but he's having to do something different now blocking on the line. He's having a bad case of the drops, but last year he had pretty good hands in camp. To me that shows a guy who's still thinking too much about what he should be doing and where he should be going.

In short, he's playing like a rookie TE. And guess what, rookie TEs tend not to produce great stats:

Fred Davis rookie season: 11 games, 3 catches, 27 yards.

So we should've ditched Fred too after his first year? I can remember how bad Fred was at blocking too, and he played TE at college, it's not like he was learning it for the first time while playing professionally.

Anyway, enough derailing, Here's hoping Cooley is in shape and stays healthy.

So who do you guys think gets the majority of the playing time this season, Paulsen or Cooley?

Paulsen will probably get the first crack at the starting job as he did well in relief of Davis, but I cannot help but think Cooley will find his way back on the field and do pretty well. You know the fans want to see Cooley.

So whose job is it now?

Can we run 2WR, 2TE and 1RBis (like the Pats)? Being that Cooley is back. This would be a crazy offensive scoring team.

I dunno man, that O that we were running Sunday kinda made me focus more on personnel and sets.. Most times we were in 1 or 2 TE sets with 1 RB and bunched in the Pistol. Sometimes 1 or 2 WRs...sometimes two RBs. Kyle is having a lot of fun with his new toys. I can't wait to see what we run with a healthy squad.

So who do you guys think gets the majority of the playing time this season, Paulsen or Cooley?

Paulsen will probably get the first crack at the starting job as he did well in relief of Davis, but I cannot help but think Cooley will find his way back on the field and do pretty well. You know the fans want to see Cooley.

So whose job is it now?

Paulsen

Cooley

Paul

IMO.. Logan earned another look, Paul hasn't earned anything.

• 2 months later...

Love Chris Cooley! But now that the season is over, any chance Cooley is still on the team next year? I hope so in some way even though he didn't get to contribute a whole lot. I'd much rather get to see Cooley leave on his own terms. Great football player, hilarious, and always a class act! Coooooooooley!

Love Chris Cooley! But now that the season is over, any chance Cooley is still on the team next year? I hope so in some way even though he didn't get to contribute a whole lot. I'd much rather get to see Cooley leave on his own terms. Great football player, hilarious, and always a class act! Coooooooooley!

I would say Davis's injury opened the door for Cooley to have one last hurrah withy the skins. He got to be a part of the best team we've had in nearly 20 years (at least equal to 2005). A nice way to end it. It's over.

Archived