Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glad you guys are back!

jp03

Thanks.... I do think controlling bonus signing is very important to the overall relevance of a cap system though. Your explanation is a bit different and if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be plenty pissed too so i cant blame you guys one bit..

Dude, your owner took $36 million of our cap, and distributed it to the rest of the league the DAY before free agency.

I say again, the day before.

You wouldn't just be pissed. Pissed is too weak a word. You would be LIVID. Consuming FIRE would spew from your mouth at the very THOUGHT of Mara. You would be Ghanghis Khan lay waste to Asia mad. Your hate would lead you to the dark side, where you would commit genocide against entire worlds. Whole PLANETS would be blasted into oblivion. You would crush GALAXIES under foot in your blinding rage.

"Pissed." Hmh. "Pissed" is sunshine and roses compared to the way we feel about your owner.

Its been awhile Washington was relevant in the NFC.. . RGIII is going to give the Skins a solid QB foundation for a long time. Frightened by it as a Giant fan, but its all part of the changing of the guard with time. A word of advice. The first 2 years with Eli for the Giants were ROUGH. There are going to be pitfalls. Thankfully the Giants stuck with him and he is ...well where he is now. Looking forward to Sundays game...no injuries. I expect it will be high scoring. Who the hell knows what Giant team will show up. Home game off a big win same scenario as last years Skin home game and they got their hats handed to em.

Thanks for letting me share on this top notch fan forum.

Eli is a freaking stud. I thought he was an idiot when he first started, but outside of RG3, he is my favorite QB to watch play. That guy is clutch (I hate saying this as a Skins fan, but I just call it how I see it).

Dude, your owner took $36 million of our cap, and distributed it to the rest of the league the DAY before free agency.

You wouldn't just be pissed. Pissed is too weak a word. You would be LIVID. Consuming FIRE would spew from your mouth at the very THOUGHT of Mara. You would be Ghanghis Khan lay waste to Asia mad. Your hate would lead you to the dark side, where you would commit genocide against entire worlds. Whole PLANETS would be blasted into oblivion. You would crush GALAXIES under foot in your blinding rage.

"Pissed." Hmh. "Pissed" is sunshine and roses compared to the way we feel about your owner.

Damn near sig worthy right there. Lol....true story. All these opposing fans this season is funny to observe.

And just for ***** and giggles. **** Mara.

WELL SAID

I don't really see the Skins NOT sticking with Griffin. I think Eli's development was drastically different, but I suppose we should check the stat history of his rookie year to be sure:

He played 9 games 95/197 with 1,043 yards, a 48% completion percentage, 6 TDs and 9 INTs and 2 Fumbles, a 55.4 rating.

So far Griffin:

So far 6 games 113/161 with 1,343 yards, a 70% completion percentage (leading the league), 5 TDs and 2 INTs and 2 Fumbles, a 100.5 rating.

And then add the rushing stats in: 55 for 379 yards 6.9 ypc with 6 TDs and 1 lost fumble.

I appreciate the OP's concern, but I think it's a LITTLE unfounded. Sounds more like worry to me.

Just for fun, let's project those stats over the rest of the season:

301/429 with 3,581 yards, 13 TDs and 5 INTs and 5 Fumbles while rushing 146 times for 1,010 yards and 16 TDs with 3 lost fumbles.

Of course this is all tongue in cheek and I'm happy to meet another congenial Giants fan.

I don't really see the Skins NOT sticking with Griffin. I think Eli's development was drastically different, but I suppose we should check the stat history of his rookie year to be sure:

He played 9 games 95/197 with 1,043 yards, a 48% completion percentage, 6 TDs and 9 INTs and 2 Fumbles, a 55.4 rating.

So far Griffin:

So far 6 games 113/161 with 1,343 yards, a 70% completion percentage (leading the league), 5 TDs and 2 INTs and 2 Fumbles, a 100.5 rating.

And then add the rushing stats in: 55 for 379 yards 6.9 ypc with 6 TDs and 1 lost fumble.

I appreciate the OP's concern, but I think it's a LITTLE unfounded. Sounds more like worry to me.

Just for fun, let's project those stats over the rest of the season:

301/429 with 3,581 yards, 13 TDs and 5 INTs and 5 Fumbles while rushing 146 times for 1,010 yards and 16 TDs with 3 lost fumbles.

Of course this is all tongue in cheek and I'm happy to meet another congenial Giants fan.

Its genuinely nice to see you guys get a little bravado and confidence..although I do hate all other NFC East teams with a passion on gameday, its good to see all the teams on more equal footing now. I know the better we all are, the more prepared the team that gets through the East gauntlet will be when playoff time comes. I know you guys won't agree but those 2 losses to you were very important in the development of the a SB winner last year.. Its why NFC East has more SB's than any other. The tougher the war, the greater the reward.

Giants are the best team in the NFL. They are big upfront, and fast on the flanks. QB is a star.

I remember the ROUGH Eli days. Was amazed the NY media didn't bury him. He's amazing right now. This team is going to go all the way, I think.

I just want RG3 to come away w/out injuries. Feels like Giants games, esp. at the Meadowlands are ready bruising. That team mashes the crap out of every team. Redskins are building right now. In a couple of years, we'll play an even deck. Looking forward to that!

I mean this with no intent to be ignorant. I don't understand enough about what happened with the salary cap to have a solid opinion. Up in NY it was never a big deal to be honest.

Up in ny it isn't due to te fact the giants weren't affect and were the instigators. Or like some giant fans I know uneducated ones just dot give a ****. Thy just laugh away and don't know what actually happened. That's why for myself beating this jersey team is the season!!!

Giants are the best team in the NFL. They are big upfront, and fast on the flanks. QB is a star.

I remember the ROUGH Eli days. Was amazed the NY media didn't bury him. He's amazing right now. This team is going to go all the way, I think.

I just want RG3 to come away w/out injuries. Feels like Giants games, esp. at the Meadowlands are ready bruising. That team mashes the crap out of every team. Redskins are building right now. In a couple of years, we'll play an even deck. Looking forward to that!

Oh the media DID try to bury Eli...they can deny it all they want up here but it was a fact. That was my point in the first post, RGIII is a keeper even if there are bad games sprinkled in for a couple of years. My only worry for him is that he gets himself hurt. He has to be smart ALL the time.

I would rather my division rivals hate me and fear me than to patronize me like a child for being .500. Just saying.

The fact more Giant fans are on here is a sign of respect. Last 5 years weren't worth the time. I am a Giant fan AND a football fan. The RG story is great for the NFL and I have a feeling in about 3 years you may get your wish about us hating you and fearing you.

So where were we last year?

:ols:

Too busy handing the gmen's asses to them - twice. :evilg:

The fact more Giant fans are on here is a sign of respect. Last 5 years weren't worth the time. I am a Giant fan AND a football fan. The RG story is great for the NFL and I have a feeling in about 3 years you may get your wish about us hating you and fearing you.

Let's wait until after the Sunday's game and see what happens first. Then we can talk about what will happen in 3 years. ;)

RGIII greater than Eli...uh no. sorry. Edit..reread it and i agree...as a rookie he is. Will he grow and mature like Eli? Remains to be seen.

That's correct, as a rookie he is already better than Eli was and I think he will continue to grow. You also have to look at the teams they are on right now. One is mature and one is not. Enjoy Eli while you got him, soon he will be watching RGIII tear it up.

Its been awhile Washington was relevant in the NFC.. . RGIII is going to give the Skins a solid QB foundation for a long time. Frightened by it as a Giant fan, but its all part of the changing of the guard with time. A word of advice. The first 2 years with Eli for the Giants were ROUGH. There are going to be pitfalls. Thankfully the Giants stuck with him and he is ...well where he is now. Looking forward to Sundays game...no injuries. I expect it will be high scoring. Who the hell knows what Giant team will show up. Home game off a big win same scenario as last years Skin home game and they got their hats handed to em.

Welcome JP and yes all us Redskins fans know we will have our hands full. We have played every team to the wire and could be 5-0 right now, but I have to admit this game is a whole nother level. We have watched your Giants come back and win when looking done and dominate, as well as destroy the 49ers who was said to be the class of the NFL.

The Giants have looked like world champs and the Redskins have to play flawless and play on all 3 cylinders to have a chance to beat you guys. This is truly the test for our QB RG3. I will not compare him to Eli because of 2 things, they are called Super Bowl rings and Eli Manning won them.

All I hope for is for our Skins to fight like never before, because I dont want this to be another 49er ass whipping unless the Giants are on the losing end. Your team has every Redskins fans respect and we know another NFC dogfight is about to go down in your back yard for 1st place period. To an injury free game and hopefully a dayum good one!

Well, a possibly good thing is, the Gnats will be attacking the ballcarrier, so some mis-direction plays will surely put them on their heels. One thing to over-pursue on a rb with fresh legs and isn't afraid to take a hit, but when he cuts across the grain, LOOK OUT!

SIC

This is one exciting but 1 very scary game because of the way the Gmen play when they bring their A-Game. Carlos Rogers called them the best in the NFL after the beating they took, it even shocked me. So much for revenge huh lol. God I hate playing in their stadium.

This is one exciting but 1 very scary game because of the way the Gmen play when they bring their A-Game. Carlos Rogers called them the best in the NFL after the beating they took, it even shocked me. So much for revenge huh lol. God I hate playing in their stadium.

Yep. I think this will be Griffin's worst game yet. That NYG front 7 is beastly. Eli is in his prime. That's Manning Prime, which is different from other players' primes. He's unconscious out there and his upside is better than Peyton's. Bradshaw is back so their running game is tight again.

The Redskins took a nice step last week but they will need to take a "Giant" leap (groan) this sunday. The Ghost of Wellington Mara still haunts that field.

Well, the odd thing is the Giants don't seem to always show up at home./ Only thing that will help the motivation is the thought of 0-3 in the division.

Archived