Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glad you guys are back!

jp03

Its been awhile Washington was relevant in the NFC.. . RGIII is going to give the Skins a solid QB foundation for a long time. Frightened by it as a Giant fan, but its all part of the changing of the guard with time. A word of advice. The first 2 years with Eli for the Giants were ROUGH. There are going to be pitfalls. Thankfully the Giants stuck with him and he is ...well where he is now. Looking forward to Sundays game...no injuries. I expect it will be high scoring. Who the hell knows what Giant team will show up. Home game off a big win same scenario as last years Skin home game and they got their hats handed to em.

Thanks for letting me share on this top notch fan forum.

If we hadn't have beaten you twice last year, leaving a bad taste in your mouth, I would think they might have laid down for us this weekend after coming off a big road win like that.

But because of the sweep last year, I expect them to show up.

It'll be a hard fought game,... like most teams though, I think the Giants will be more worried about RGIII running on them than passing (thus his 70.6% completion percentage)

In the process teams seem to forget about Morris and Davis, who are tending to knock out big gains

Honestly, its very difficult to defend us, whatever you try to do, we'll do the opposite.. the only way you'll stop us is to completely control the LOS with 4 guys, Giants love to get the passer too much... their over-eagerness will open running lanes.

We're relevant despite Mara's attempt to derail this train. RGIII rookie >>> Eli. I also hope for no injuries otherthan Mara's feelings.

RGIII greater than Eli...uh no. sorry. Edit..reread it and i agree...as a rookie he is. Will he grow and mature like Eli? Remains to be seen.

Thanks for the encouragement jp. "Bob" hasn't yet shown the typical rookie setbacks, as he seems to be good at making his reads and makes few costly mistakes. This game could go down to the wire, or be a blowout either way. Depends on which Giants team shows up, and which Redskins team does. Y'all have much much better talent at the WR and def secondary group but there's no telling.

Thanks for joining in, but do you also think your owner is an Ass-hat? I seriously wish him no goodwill

Thanks for the encouragement jp. "Bob" hasn't yet shown the typical rookie setbacks, as he seems to be good at making his reads and makes few costly mistakes. This game could go down to the wire, or be a blowout either way. Depends on which Giants team shows up, and which Redskins team does. Y'all have much much better talent at the WR and def secondary group but there's no telling.

Thanks for joining in, but do you also think your owner is an Ass-hat? I seriously wish him no goodwill

I mean this with no intent to be ignorant. I don't understand enough about what happened with the salary cap to have a solid opinion. Up in NY it was never a big deal to be honest.

Can't keep up with all these threads, can't we create one to discuss with Giants fans ;p

You can't compare Eli and RG3 in my opinion. They both are good and will do their job. I feel this game will depends on which defense will step up.

I agree, compeltely different players. Because of his mobility, RG3 has a better chance to succeed early.

Man I just hope garcon is on the field this sunday

Ehhhh I hope he sits a few weeks, until after the bye. I am okay with him sitting a few games and our worst case scenario being 4-5 at the Bye. I'd rather him be completely healthy for the last 7 games of the year.

I mean this with no intent to be ignorant. I don't understand enough about what happened with the salary cap to have a solid opinion. Up in NY it was never a big deal to be honest.

pretty simple really. Mora heads the NFL "competition committee." During the uncapped year, the Redskins (and others) moved some signing bonus money into that UNCAPPED year. Once the new contract was put into place, Mora is pizzed that we didn't collude and fines us $36 million in salary cap space. This blindsides us 1 days before Free Agency. Many of the free agents we had hoped to sign ended up elsewhere. Oddly, even though numerous teams exceeded the cap, Mora only penalizes Washington and Dallas. All this because your owner says we violated the "spirit of" the non-existant cap. Eff him

Ehhhh I hope he sits a few weeks, until after the bye. I am okay with him sitting a few games and our worst case scenario being 4-5 at the Bye. I'd rather him be completely healthy for the last 7 games of the year.

I agree. he needs to get that foot completely healed... I just hope that doesn't mean next season.

Ironic..I feel EXACTLY the same about Hakeem nicks. If he cant go strong...DONT go.

pretty simple really. Mora heads the NFL "competition committee." During the uncapped year, the Redskins (and others) moved some signing bonus money into that UNCAPPED year. Once the new contract was put into place, Mora is pizzed that we didn't collude and fines us $36 million in salary cap space. This blindsides us 1 days before Free Agency. Many of the free agents we had hoped to sign ended up elsewhere. Oddly, even though numerous teams exceeded the cap, Mora only penalizes Washington and Dallas. All this because your owner says we violated the "spirit of" the non-existant cap. Eff him

Thanks.... I do think controlling bonus signing is very important to the overall relevance of a cap system though. Your explanation is a bit different and if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be plenty pissed too so i cant blame you guys one bit..

Thanks.... I do think controlling bonus signing is very important to the overall relevance of a cap system though. Your explanation is a bit different and if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be plenty pissed too so i cant blame you guys one bit..

Mara illegally colluded and cheated. I have 0 respect for the guy.

Draconian nonsense penalty he was able to levy. I hope a football hits him in the head this weekend

Its probably as angry as I have been as a fan, I simply don't get upset over this stuff anymore, but that was straight up cheating on the part of Mara. To think he wanted us to lose picks also

isn't the colluding violating anti-trust laws? or were they not in affect since we did not have an agreement with the union? That might be a question outside the scope of this thread for a lawyer to answer, I'm not sure.

The real issue was that us and the Cowboys had specific contracts that screwed up the math for other teams to apply the franchise tag to their players. They didn't care how we spent our money in the uncapped year, only that other teams were forced to blow their money because of it. Again, I put the blame squarely on the NFL for a) getting to the uncapped year, and B) not thinking of this when they signed the old CBA and setting up rules around it. But I thought I'd at least offer some insight into how we ended up in this situation.

Archived