Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2012-13 NBA THREAD!!! New Season/New Thread - LET'S GO!!!!!***

RonArtest15

I'm so nervous I could barely even eat breakfast this morning.

Relax bro. You want to enjoy the game not stress over it even when your team in it. Good luck tonight though. 

You're right. Hopefully Danny Crawford is automatic with that jumper tonight, and sets the tone on defense. We'll see what happens.

He might as well put on a Heat jersey lol

I'm calling it now. 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocked shots.

Relax bro. You want to enjoy the game not stress over it even when your team in it. Good luck tonight though. 

You're right. Hopefully Danny Crawford is automatic with that jumper tonight, and sets the tone on defense. We'll see what happens.

I just hope he's better than the last crew.  I don't care what team you like the officiating in game 6 was terrible.  Lebron's first foul, I think it was the first foul of the game, was an obvious push off by Leonard and at best a no-call because even with it there was almost no contact.  It went downhill from there.  Most odd though was how much arm and jersey grabbing they allowed against the offensive player in the act of shooting from 10 feet or closer to the basket.  It's one thing to allow contact but you never see that kind of contact allowed.  It went both ways and was just bad all around.  

It was fun to see the people sure Joey Crawford was in bed with Lebron nail him with a BS call right off the bat though.  You could almost hear the stunned blinking silence.  

I envy you.  My Wizards are a pile of flaming garbage and the only thing I'm nervous about is that they'll draft another major bust.  I think the Heat win by blowout tonight.  

Well if it makes you feel better (probably not), 5 years ago, after the wheels fell off for the Heat, and they sucked their way to 15 wins (making me resort to the "What if" scenario of what could've happened if the team with Eddie Jones, Wade, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom and Haslem, a team that really started to play well down the stretch, hadn't been cleared out to chase a title for a few years with Shaq and a slew of other aging players) with an oft injured Wade, I watched the Wizards play the Cavaliers, while I was more focused on praying for Derrick Rose, and instead getting Michael Beasley as more punishment.

Deadspin hires Tim Donaghey to analyze the officiating in Finals games. Say what you will about the morality of paying Donaghey to talk about officiating, his articles are a fascinating view into how officials think during games.

He seemed stunned at how the Spurs were allowed to repeatedly mug Lebron at home without getting called.

I don't get too caught up in the officiating talk that dominates here, but I have been amazed at the tone of this series. The Spurs play good defense without fouling and the refs seem to know this. As a result, they have not called a lot of fouls. And the Spurs seem to be learning from this and are really pushing the envelope. Leonard especially has just been mugging people.

Here is a pointless prediction: The refs have watched video of Game 6 and have realized how handsy the Spurs were. They are going to make a point early in this game of "correcting" for that. Leonard is going to get called for 2 borderline calls in the first 8 minutes. Twitter is going to explode with #JoeyCrawford and #NBAfixed hash tags.

Does anyone want to bet me on that?

(By the way, I'm of the theory that Crawford does not have it out for players or teams. I just think he's a complete egotist).

I have never wanted a team, that's not one of my teams, to win more tonight than I want the Spurs to win. Just to shut up ESPN would be well worth it.

I don't think the Spurs is gonna be this push over a lot of people think.

If Ginobili has a good game, I think San Antonio wins.  Even like a 18/7 game with 1 turnover

1 turnover from Manu? That's asking a lot at this point sadly.

I do agree though if he can come through I think SA wins. I also wonder how bad Wade's knees are at this point too. Skip finally said something I thought was humorous today when he said referring to Manu and Wade banging knee and its impact on Wade in game 7: "Maybe Manu did actually make one positive play for the Spurs in game 6"  

NBA wanting a game 7. Sidenote: Lebron is now 24-3 when Joey Crawford officiates.Something like 40-51 without him.

Can't believe you are still here complaining about the refs. Did the refs make Kawhi and Manu miss their free throws. Or what about get a rebound on either Lebron misses from behind the ark.

Archived