Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baltimore Sun: White-pride organization proposed at Towson University

terpskins10

Jumbo, my tongue-in-cheekedness didn't come across as intended. You and I seem to "get" each other fairly well, and as you know, if I have any "legitimate" gripes, your inbox will be one PM more full. :ols:

Ultimately, my position in this thread is what it always is in such threads. I look forward to a day when these race-specific groups will be a thing of the past. But until such time, if one is OK, then they all are.

This particular group and founder are probably not the best example of what I envision of the "ideal" white student group. This guy is a clown. I don't think any of us would argue that. But the concept of a white student group is fine with me, and apparently some others in this thread.

Thankfully, slavery is a thing of the past. Of course we should remember it, to understand the evils that human beings are capable of. But quite honestly, I think using that as the be-all-to-end-all as far as why whites shouldn't be treated the same way as any other group is ridiculous.

This jerk has been an attention whore for some time...

http://www.thetowerlight.com/2011/12/ywc-nativity-scene-draws-attention-in-union/

With less than a month until Christmas, a nativity scene was set on the second floor of the Union Tuesday by student organization Youth for Western Civilization.

But the nativity didn’t feature the usual Biblical figures. The three wise men featured the faces of Joseph Stalin, Vladimir Lenin, and Karl Marx; Nancy Pelosi’s face was pasted over that of the Angel Gabriel; a suicide bomber wore sheppard’s robes and carried a sheep on his back; and two men, Gary and Joseph, watched over a baby with President Barack Obama’s face.

http://www.thetowerlight.com/2011/11/ywc-straight-pride-day-at-towson-university/

his group was also responsible for writing "white pride" and other things in chalk on the sidewalks across campus. He had a group last year too which ended up being disbanded.

Now that his name is plastered all over the interwebs...i wish him luck in finding a decent job next spring.

Stadium, it's like some of us here tell our buddy, Ben: "Dude, you're a fairly healthy white hetero male Christian from a halfway decent family and you have basically failed at everything. This is ****ing impressive and takes real talent. Thank goodness you're a nice guy. At least it keeps people from kicking the **** out of you"

We haven't seen him recently, though.

This particular group and founder are probably not the best example of what I envision of the "ideal" white student group. This guy is a clown. I don't think any of us would argue that. But the concept of a white student group is fine with me, and apparently some others in this thread.
Do you know of any real world examples of an "ideal" white pride group that is not led by a clown like this?

While it may be okay in theory, I am not sure that in practice, people are ever motivated to start these groups with good intentions.

But you tell me who needs a student group.

Group A, who has a field of study based on its race, and prefence on admittance and scholarship, not to mention race-specific colleges...

Let's just pretend that this group represents 13% of the population of the USA, and 12% of the student population and 5% of the faculty of Towson University or ...

Group B, who has none of that?

This group represents 63% of the population of the USA, and 68% of the student population and 82% of the faculty of Towson University.

Who's getting preferential treatment again?

Does anyone really think it's a coincidence that the guy who wants to start this White Student Union is a first class race-baiting jackass? As the VP states, if there's a legitimate reason for a White Student Union it should be considered. I seriously doubt this kid will be able to present such a reason.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 01:08 PM ----------

Louis CK, in his inimitable - and NSFW - style, gets to the heart of why such groups really don't make much sense...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4f9zR5yzY

Did I say NSFW? Hilarious, but NSFW.

I love that bit. If anyone thinks it's all sunshine and roses for minorities in this country just read the comments section. Seriously depressing stuff.

I remember a group of students at my school organizing and chartering a "straight student alliance".

The first meeting drew hundreds of members. Most of which came from the Gay Lesbian club. Which then had enough votes to elect the pres etc that were gay.

Funny stuff.

Let him start his club. And hopefully the NAACP chapter shows up to join them.

"Victor Collins, the university's assistant vice president of student affairs for diversity, said he believes Heimbach's group should be treated like other campus groups as long as its members meet the requirements and obey Towson's rules."

I guess the assistant VP should to. God, the nerve, equal treatment.

Do you really want a white pride group run by such an obvious bigot?

And "white" is extremely generic. Why can't it be a specific ethnic group of ancestry? Like Polish or Dutch?

Do you honestly believe that by "white" this guy means anything other than "white, Christian, straight, and unsympathetic to all other groups?" That's not actual white pride.

And this is without going into the differences between minorities grouping for rights against the majority who have historically oppressed them and a majority group celebrating itself as the majority and the necessity of one vs. another.

Here we go again.

If people can't see the difference between, say, an "Irish-American Student Union" and a "White Student Union" at this late date, then they probably aren't very smart. Or they are so wrapped up in their sense of white victimhood that they won't even bother to try.

Either way, the best thing to do is to ignore them.

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

This kid is nutty as ****. Hard to believe that people like this still exist and actually believe that their way is the right way. smh

I doubt he believes anything. He is just being an attention whore. Perhaps if he gets lucky, he can be the next Ann Coulter or something.

Archived