Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think RG3 got enough work in preseason? Poll

NAC386

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think that RG3 got just the right amount of reps in pre-season. Why? Because Shannahan is the coach of the team and the one who ultimately determines how many reps RG3 gets. I trust that Shanny gave him JUST the right amount of work. I trust him more than I trust anybody else on this board to determine what is and what isn't the right amount of reps for our rookie QB.

Would I liked to have seen more? You bet your ass. But we have a whole regular season to see as much of RG3 as we want.

Wilson won the starting job because he outplayed Flynn from Training Camp to Preseason. Playing a few more reps, attempting more passes, and showing samples of the offense will not hurt our chances this season to do anything. This team of new receivers and a rookie qb needs as much in game reps as they can get. I respect the injury idea as much as anyone but sometimes you just got to let players play. Robert could get hurt in the first game of the year. Injuries happen in this league to use that as a reason to not give a rookie qb more reps seems kind of weak to me. Also the jury is still out on whether Robert is a "Franchise" QB. It takes time to develop into that and until he gets a couple of seasons under his belt, let's wait and see what happens.

I kinda feel like he needed more work as well. I'm not upset over it tho, just thought he could use 15-20 more pass attempts. It's ok tho, he'll throw it for 4 quarters each Sunday from here on out! I'd like to see him gain about 8-10 pounds too...but that's a different story.

It doesn't really bother me but I think he could of used some more reps. When he was out there I really enjoyed it and liked what I saw, though. It's going to be fun to watch Sunday and see how he does versus a defense that has a gameplan.

I think his work load was fine. He's healthy heading into the regular season, so that's a good start.

We'd all like him to be a 5 year vet right now, but it is what it is.

He will make mistakes...this year, next year, and every year after...but, he's gonna make more positive plays than negative ones.

Hail !

I vote no, but it has nothing to do with Practice as said in the poll. Practice speed is just that...practice. It's controlled RG3 was protected and he didn't get hit. I don't think he got enough exposure to the NFL game day environment or game speed. The 3rd (and some 2nd) stringers on the Bills, Bears, Colts, Bucs may not be the creme de la creme of the NFL, but they are still better than the competition Griff saw vs the likes of SMU and RICE. Plus they are playing at 100 mph because they are trying to secure one of their own team's 53.

This was a good discussion thread, but I think at this point we all realize he definitely got enough work. Looking at the preseason now, it seems like the Shanahans knew he had a firm enough grasp of the playbook and wanted to just get his feet wet without showing too much of the playbook and without risking injury. In the regular season opener he definitely did not look like he only threw 31 passes in preseason.

Trust me bro', as an older Redskin fan who grew up through the glory years, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that yesterday. Ryp in '91 included.

Hail.

I kinda had a feeling that's the case. This QB may end up being something that no fan of any team has seen. I mean this guy is absolutely incredible. It's difficult to fathom really.

Archived