Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/8: Training Camp Tweets and Comments (maybe some what-not, if you're lucky)

You know, I think due to the fact that we have some nice new toys at WR this year Ike Hilliard is being overlooked. It seems like the young guys are making a lot of plays at camp and he's GOT to be a part of that. I'm guilty, too. I completely forgot about him until I saw that tweet, lol.

If twitter is any indication, damn near every fan of every other NFL team hates RG3 lol :ols:...overhyped, "too many commercials", tired of seeing him, "looks gay", one person even said "I can't wait to see RG3 get injured :)"...yes, with a smile face afterwards.

All I really care is that they're hatin' him on Sundays!

If twitter is any indication, damn near every fan of every other NFL team hates RG3 lol :ols:...o one person even said "I can't wait to see RG3 get injured :)"...yes, with a smile face afterwards.

Must be an Eagles fan.....I hate the Cowboys and hope we kick the **** out of them each year, but rooting for injury is classless....even I don't stoop to that level

Go on with your bad self BB!! Prove them all wrong, like you have for the last 2 years.

In all fairness, he hasn't proved anyone wrong. He's shown potential, but his return averages have been amongst the bottom of the league. He hasn't contributed at receiver either, which is why he has as many "haters". He looks exciting, but his results are poor.

I like hearing everything there is to hear too, but I make no real investment in any "enthusiastic" reports that involve players who have yet to show me all that much on the field in real games. I don't really start "buying-in" that much as I have seen way too many "training camp wonders" and "pre-season stars." I will simply hope a little that "it's just so" when it counts.

In all fairness, he hasn't proved anyone wrong. He's shown potential, but his return averages have been amongst the bottom of the league. He hasn't contributed at receiver either, which is why he has as many "haters". He looks exciting, but his results are poor.

Maybe it's just revisionist history on my part, but I seem to remember lots of returns where he scored major yardage, only to have it called back on lame ass holding/ block to back penalties.

Maybe it's just revisionist history on my part, but I seem to remember lots of returns where he scored major yardage, only to have it called back on lame ass holding/ block to back penalties.

I think he's had at least 3 TDs called back over the last two seasons due to penalties by someone else, sometimes questionable penalties.

At any rate, he did well in 2010...ranked #9 among KRs in yards per return (25+ returns), and #6 among PRs in yards per return (25+ returns). He dropped last year, though...

You're not wrong, in his first season as a returner he had some big run backs called back. But that can happen to a lot of players. With the opps he's given he needs to be one of the better returners in the game. I don't think he was healthy last year with his knee injury and getting stabbed.

He was dynamic in year one. Year two looked like he had some bad situations and needed a kick in the rear. He seems to have dedicated himself. But he needs to prove himself and show that he can be counted on consistently. With his size you have to be concerned about durability.

I like hearing everything there is to hear too, but I make no real investment in any "enthusiastic" reports that involve players who have yet to show me all that much on the field in real games. I don't really start "buying-in" that much as I have seen way too many "training camp wonders" and "pre-season stars." I will simply hope a little that "it's just so" when it counts.

Nigel Williams

Derrius Thompson

Taylor Jacobs

All in the Washington Redskins Ring of [Training Camp] Fame

HogsHaven.com ‏@HogsHaven

For those w/ the "sky is falling" attitude for the OLine check out @Rich_Tandler's 2010/2011 review on Tyler Polumbus http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/08/can-the-offense-survive-with-polumbus.html

Again, this is a small sample size but it seems to be a more systematic way of looking at it than the “Tyler Polumbus is at right tackle, the offense is doomed” level of analysis that we have been getting.

:applause:

HogsHaven.com ‏@HogsHaven

For those w/ the "sky is falling" attitude for the OLine check out @Rich_Tandler's 2010/2011 review on Tyler Polumbus http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/08/can-the-offense-survive-with-polumbus.html

Rich Tandler, John Keim, and Rich Campbell are the few reporters that actually know what they are talking about.

Ah, ok... so it makes sense to dump a productive player for the guy everyone here is clamoring for to take his roster spot, Aldrick Robinson.. who has not contributed ANYTHING on ST's and even LESS as a receiver.

Gotcha.

Archived