Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/8: Training Camp Tweets and Comments (maybe some what-not, if you're lucky)

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Danny Smith: "Niles Paul is a man. He is a grown man. I have no worries about Niles."

Mike Jones Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Danny Smith says weight loss will not decrease Lorenzo Alexander's impact on special teams. He loves the guy.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Danny smith says return of kedric golston will help on special teams. Golston was part of protection unit. #redskins

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:17 AM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Danny smith says he'll now tell banks when he can run a kick back this year. Gave brandon some flexibility last year. #redskins

Danny Smith says Banks has grown up. "He's making better decisions, he's taking care of his body."

Danny Smith said he meets with Brandon Banks every day and asks him what he's doing that night and where he's going. Says Banks has grow ...

John Keim John Keim ‏@john_keim

More danny smith on brandon banks: "I love the guy." #redskins

Kyle Shanahan says "I love Brandon Banks," and then Danny Smith expresses similar feelings: "I love the guy and I think he's a quality p ...

John Keim John Keim ‏@john_keim

Danny smith on brandon banks: "he's a chunk yardage guy and you have to get chunk yards in this league."

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:19 AM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Kyle on putting all the pressure on @RGIII :"You can't put the quarterback in all those situations. You gotta take the pressure off of him."

John Keim ‏@john_keim

RB coach Bobby Turner calls tim hightower's toughness "contagious." #redskins

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

K. Shanahan on not having RGIII run 7on7's in practice: "We know what that 1st game [will] to be like..there isn't going to be 7on7's then."

(somebody here was complaining about 7on7's, so they'll be gratified to hear Kyle agrees with them lol...)

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:20 AM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

What RB Coach Bobby Turner likes about Alfred morris: Balance, body lean, instincts. #Redskins

Danny Smith: "Niles Paul is a man. He is a grown man. I have no worries about Niles."

Bang will have fun with this one.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

What RB Coach Bobby Turner likes about Alfred morris: Balance, body lean, instincts. #Redskins

Other than RG3 and the first team defense, I think this is the kid I'm most excited about seeing tomorrow night.

^^ Cooley definitely looks slimmer than at any time he's been here, I think...

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:32 AM ----------

Danny Smith on Brandon Banks: "I'm going to stand on the table for the guy." #Redskins

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:43 AM ----------

Haz on Jenkins: "He'll play a lot. He'll play nickel, he'll play [base] defense. I love the depth we have up there."

Haslett on Jarvis Jenkins: He saw lot of struggles in OTAs, but "the last three days, he's looked like himself last year."

Jim Haslett thinks DeAngelo Hall's abaility to blitz & skills at getting to the QB and attacking the FB will benefit from being in the slot.

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:51 AM ----------

Haslett on Jarvis "I thought at the start of camp, he kinda started that way. To me, the last 3 days, he's looked like himself last year."

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Haslett said Josh Wilson was playing "off of feel" last year, signed after lockout and then got hurt. "He looks so much more comfortable."

Haslett mentioned the #Steelers ranked 25th, 13th and 3rd in their first three years in the 3-4. #Redskins ranked 31st, 13th last two years.

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 07:52 AM ----------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Haslett on Jarvis Jenkins "(He's) Really exploding off the ball. He's pushing off his leg. The last 3 days he's been outstanding."

K. Shanahan on not having RGIII run 7on7's in practice: "We know what that 1st game [will] to be like..there isn't going to be 7on7's then."

(somebody here was complaining about 7on7's, so they'll be gratified to hear Kyle agrees with them lol...)

That would be me. I hate 7 on 7s. Thank you, Kyle Shanahan. You are my hero.

Jim Haslett on Madieu Williams: "You can see why I at one time he was the highest paid safety in the league." #Redskins

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:01 AM ----------

Jim Haslett on Ryan Kerrigan in year-two: "You'd like [him] to get the sack total up and be more dominant. He's a heck of player."

ac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

Plenty of nuggets from meeting with #Redskins assistant coaches over the first hour. Another group to come shortly.

Redskins Watch ‏@RedskinsWatch

NFL Rumors: Brandon Banks vs Aldrick Robinson, Banks Job to Lose? http://sns.mx/Y3h2y6

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:16 AM ----------

Matt LaFleur says Robert has been very consistent with footwork. Has a ton more options here vs Baylor

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:22 AM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@fakeC_Russell

Listening to #Redskins assistants, I'm changing pick -- 19-0. (Our scrubs will win Gms 14-16 when starters rest).

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:25 AM ----------

Fantasy Tackles ‏@FantasyTackles

#IDP Redskins center Erik Cook ready to atone for last year's Buffalo game: ... other reason, R... http://bit.ly/ORVIUm #FantasyFootball

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Ike hilliard on banks: "one of my favorite guys."

Emmanual Benton ‏@Roccoskins

He's not getting past Trent Williams! RT @PlayerInsiders: Time for #LightsOut @shawnemerriman to Light it Up

John Keim ‏@john_keim

TE coach sean mcvay not worried about cooley's speed: "he has functional football speed." #redskins

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:37 AM ----------

"Functional foot speed" is a term you will hear from many of the media guys today. That's how TE coach Sean McVay described Chris Cooley

Ike Hilliard on @HankTime85: "Hank is deceiving for his size. He does an excellent job getting in and out of his breaks." #Redskins

Ike Hilliard said he asked Brandon Banks if he wanted to play at WR when he was first hired. Banks said, "Guess you didn't check my resume."

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 08:49 AM ----------

Hilliard says Banks is working on using hands at line: "He's notorious for getting lazy w/ his hands at times. He's made real big strides."

Haha, glad to see you fixed your math. I thought I'd missed something and wouldn't be able to see the game because I'd be at work!

I had 20.5 at first haha. Good thing i am working in finance right? And people wonder why the economy is down....

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 11:53 AM ----------

If twitter is any indication, damn near every fan of every other NFL team hates RG3 lol :ols:...overhyped, "too many commercials", tired of seeing him, "looks gay", one person even said "I can't wait to see RG3 get injured :)"...yes, with a smile face afterwards.

I love hearing this. That means teams are going to hopefully hate the redskins. And if they hate us, that means we are winning. I have heard for too long from people inside and outside the NFC East "Oh the redskins? I dont mind them". Forget that, i want them to hate us, loathe us, be scared of us.

Love that Banks is killing it....would prefer to have Danny Smith stay less involved in his play all together

Yep, glad to see Banks is giving a big "F YOU" to all the haters here who want to see him cut so a ham sandwich could take his place.

Go on with your bad self BB!! Prove them all wrong, like you have for the last 2 years.

So, Andy Gray at Sports Illustrated has a twitter account that just tweets cool pics from the SI archives. Today he's got a gallery of athletes posing with their pets.

Andy Gray ‏@si_vault

Here's a gallery of Athletes and Their Dogs (in honor of Andy Murray's two border terriers - Maggie May and Rusty): http://t.co/xA2iLQmr

Anyway, this was picture number 39 in the gallery:

Sammy-Baugh.jpg

CAPTION: Sammy Baugh pets his dog Cow Patty at his West Texas ranch near Rotan, Texas.

Archived