Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

6 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

All y'all guys in the House better not pass the law that we're all going to vote in favor of.  Because we're terrified of it.  

We want the law that we don't have the votes to pass.  (And we want it to pass without anybody in the House, or the Senate, to actually have voted for it.)  

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soooooo, if this goes through will it still be with the 2-year delay for implementation?  

Pretty safe bet.  

There's nobody in the GOP who wants voters to actually experience what they're about to unanimously vote for, until after the next election.  

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This is what happens when the Wal Mart and Olive Garden shoppers of the world manage to elect the President

Congress.  This is Congress.  

Trump just wants a piece of paper he can use for a prop.  He doesn't care if it's blank.  

Edited by Larry

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

Uh, no, I don't think it is.  

I think the process is:  

The house passes Bill X

Senate passes Bill Y

Conference committee produces Bill Z (which is not required to resemble either Bill X or Bill Y).

And the bill goes to Trump, without anybody, in either chamber, actually having to vote on Bill Z.  

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Uh, no, I don't think it is.  

I think the process is:  

The house passes Bill X

Senate passes Bill Y

Conference committee produces Bill Z (which is not required to resemble either Bill X or Bill Y).

And the bill goes to Trump, without anybody, in either chamber, actually having to vote on Bill Z.  

I'm pretty sure conference report still has to be voted on by both houses. 

10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Ryan will bring the exact same language in a bill to a House vote.  No need for conference.  That's how this travesty is going to work.

All these promises and assurances were BS for the cameras. Everyone knows if they vote for this, it will become law. This bill that was referred to as a fraud and worst than doing nothing. These assholes could literally stop this if they wanted. 16 million people losing coverage, increase in premiums? Sign me up for that. McCain you should have stayed in Arizona.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm truly speechless by what is going on in Congress. How in the **** can any of these people vote in favor of this bill. 

Theyre not voting on this bill. They're voting on some other bill, that they're imagining will get invented later. 

(And they're voting in favor of telling their constituents that they didn't vote for it. Even though they did.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Wanna bet?

Agreed. 

C'mon, folks. We've actually got posters, I think in this thread, announcing that the Democrats locked the Republicans out of having any input into ACA. Despite being aware that the ACA contained 140 Republican amendments. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Theyre not voting on this bill. They're voting on some other bill, that they're imagining will get invented later. 

(And they're voting in favor of telling their constituents that they didn't vote for it. Even though they did.)

The dysfunction in this is absolutely mind blowing.