Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Song Parody Fun - I'm Rexy and I Blow It

Dan T.

So I heard this song for the 854th time yesterday and it sparked a bit of inspiration. Here's the video with lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_KeLbEtPGQ

Follow along with these alternative lyrics:

Yeah, yeah

When I call the fly, Moss be looking like he gonna cry

Then I move my feet, dancing on the field with my five/three speed, yeah

This is how I roll, spraying passes outta control,

It's the redzone time for a big t.o.

And like Vinny C. I got to go.

Ah... Don’t look at my body

Who works out?

Ah... Don’t look at my body (x3)

Who works out?

When I walk up to scrimmage (yeah), this is what I see

Everbody covered so we’ll settle for three

I got passing on my mind and I ain't afraid to throw it, throw it, throw it, throw it

I’m Rexy and I blow it

I’m Rexy and I blow it

Yeah

When I'm at the Star, by halftime you’ll be at the bar

And when I'm at the Linc, I prove to the world that I just stink

I throw it up for grabs, with an arm like this huh who needs abs?

We headed down the field, baby don't be nervous

No score today cuz my arm won’t serve us (ouch)

Ah... Don’t look at my body [x3]

Who works out?

Ah... Don’t don’t look my body [x3]

Who works out?

When I walk in the camp (yeah), this is what I see (ok)

RG 3 is there and he staring at me

I got passing on my mind and I ain't afraid to throw it, throw it, throw it, throw it

I’m Rexy and I blow it

I’m Rexy and I blow it...

Check it out

Fumble, fumble, fumble, fumble, fumble yeah [x3]

Fumble, fumble, fumble, fumble, fumble yeah, yeah

Do the fumble man

I do the fumble man

Yeah

I’m Rexy and I blow it

Ah... Don’t look at my body [x3]

Who works out?

Ah... Don’t don’t look my body [x3]

Who works out?

Yeah I’m Rexy and I blow it.

For some reason I've never been able to hate Rexy since he came here and I've always rooted for him, but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to his play.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I think he's got a really good mind for the game without the complete physcial skills to match, and his weakness is he can't reconcile those two things. He'll show brief flashes of football brilliance, then he'll cough up the killing turnover. Sometimes it's like he's throwing darts, hitting guys in stride, then other times it's "What the **** was he thinking?" It's been maddening to watch these last two years.

Man Grossman has some serious swagg. He is just limited with is skills. I like his attitude. He was kind of killing it those last couple of games last year, but once again, his skills are just limited. I think he would be the perfect person to help RG3; just as long he doesn't help him throw interceptions. :fingersx:

lmaoooo I just busted out laughing in the middle of sociology class...Thank you my friend

Stay in school. Education's important.

I may try for lyrics for the other QBs... maybe closer to training camp. I'm feeling an RG3 rap.

I have zero problem with Rex Grossman and I can't quite understand those who do.

He signed here as a clear backup in 2010. Signed a 1 year contract on the cheap. He gets thrown into the starting lineup, outperforms McSuck and generally improved the offense in his short stint of games.

In 2011 he once again signs a 1 year contract that is once again very cheap. He goes through the competition with John Beck and clearly beats him. He has a mediocre to below par season but once again why the hate when clearly the Redskins have invested nothing in him.

Now in 2012 he once again signs a 1 year contract that is pretty cheap to be the mentor/backup to Griffin III.

The Redskins have given him average money for a back up QB, he's had no security since he's had to sign 3 consecutive 1 year contracts and lastly the Redskins have not thrown away 1 draft pick (or player) to acquire him in the first place.

So again, the Rex Grossman hate is laughable. Stop visiting frustrations over poor QB choices over the past decade on him. He's a back up QB ( a very good one) who has been forced to start because, due to poor management, he has been the best QB on the roster.

I have no hate for Grossman, scruffy. I do have heartburn over relying on him being a starter for the past two years. I hate his knack of wiping out good drives or comebacks with INTs or fumbles. It's maddening because my sense is that he is a smart guy who really knows football and should know to protect the ball better. I've seen flashes of really good, gutsy football that gets overshadowed by the killing mistake. And that's been a pattern over his career that hasn't improved.

Anyway, the OP is just a bit of fluff mainly because Rexy rhymes with sexy and LMFAO made a catchy tune. Don't read a whole lot into it.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I think he's got a really good mind for the game without the complete physcial skills to match, and his weakness is he can't reconcile those two things. He'll show brief flashes of football brilliance, then he'll cough up the killing turnover. Sometimes it's like he's throwing darts, hitting guys in stride, then other times it's "What the **** was he thinking?" It's been maddening to watch these last two years.

Yeah, there is some definite truth to the Good Rex/Bad Rex theory. I love Rex's mentality and attitude and his honest candor with the media after games. He is confident in himself and he is never anything but himself. I really felt like he could turn a corner last year in the preseason and that opener against the Giants really had me hopeful because I would have loved to see him finally become a steady (notice my word choice and that I didn't say he was going to turn into a great QB) QB who's team had his back because he was all-in for us. But, that's not what happened, I'm glad to have him on the roster as a backup for one more year and I'm sure he will be helpful to both RGIII and Cousins.

Yeah, there is some definite truth to the Good Rex/Bad Rex theory. I love Rex's mentality and attitude and his honest candor with the media after games. He is confident in himself and he is never anything but himself. I really felt like he could turn a corner last year in the preseason and that opener against the Giants really had me hopeful because I would have loved to see him finally become a steady (notice my word choice and that I didn't say he was going to turn into a great QB) QB who's team had his back because he was all-in for us. But, that's not what happened, I'm glad to have him on the roster as a backup for one more year and I'm sure he will be helpful to both RGIII and Cousins.

I agree with just about everything you posted, and now you people are starting to make me feel bad for mocking him!

I agree with just about everything you posted, and now you people are starting to make me feel bad for mocking him!

It's all in good fun. In all fairness, I'm sure Rexy would laugh himself, then stare at you and tell you he needs to eliminate the turnovers and that he has to and will improve and that he knows we will turn it around.

Hilarious stuff Dan. I love it.

I never had a problem with Rex(well that Monday night debacle I had a problem with, lol) A few of those ints he was so prone to throw weren't his fault. I'm looking at you Santana. But he is fairly limited skill wise. But he does seem to know football and doesn't lack for confidence. We could do far worse for a backup than Rexy.

Archived