Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Song Parody Fun - I'm Rexy and I Blow It

Dan T.

At this point in his career, Rex is who he is...if he's lucky he'll have one more season with a team as their starter where he cuts way down on the turnovers. If so, he could be back in the playoffs. The players love him, and even the fans love him for the most part. But he just can't keep the errors in check.

I didn't look at this as a slam or "hate" against Grossman, just some satirical fun aimed at his "bad Rex" days :ols:...even with acknowledging those band-your-head-against-a-wall plays of his, most of us are sincerely happy he's coming back for another year.

At this point in his career, Rex is who he is...if he's lucky he'll have one more season with a team as their starter where he cuts way down on the turnovers. If so, he could be back in the playoffs. The players love him, and even the fans love him for the most part. But he just can't keep the errors in check.

I didn't look at this as a slam or "hate" against Grossman, just some satirical fun aimed at his "bad Rex" days :ols:...even with acknowledging those band-your-head-against-a-wall plays of his, most of us are sincerely happy he's coming back for another year.

Thanks for getting to the essence of the OP, Cali...

I have zero problem with Rex Grossman and I can't quite understand those who do.

He signed here as a clear backup in 2010. Signed a 1 year contract on the cheap. He gets thrown into the starting lineup, outperforms McSuck and generally improved the offense in his short stint of games.

In 2011 he once again signs a 1 year contract that is once again very cheap. He goes through the competition with John Beck and clearly beats him. He has a mediocre to below par season but once again why the hate when clearly the Redskins have invested nothing in him.

Now in 2012 he once again signs a 1 year contract that is pretty cheap to be the mentor/backup to Griffin III.

The Redskins have given him average money for a back up QB, he's had no security since he's had to sign 3 consecutive 1 year contracts and lastly the Redskins have not thrown away 1 draft pick (or player) to acquire him in the first place.

So again, the Rex Grossman hate is laughable. Stop visiting frustrations over poor QB choices over the past decade on him. He's a back up QB ( a very good one) who has been forced to start because, due to poor management, he has been the best QB on the roster.

This was very well said, and I absolutely agree.... I am very glade he is back, and can play his true roll as the backup this year.... This remake needs to be about our rivals, not of our own players. How about "Im Romo sits to pee and I blow it"......

How bout a video showing the Redkins OL picking up their QBs after they get crushed entitled "Stronger - What Doesn't Kill you makes you stronger"

Should have plenty of video material since the Skins have given up more QB hits than anyone the last 3 years combined.

This is awesome, but I'm trying to figure out how you have an entire song dedicated to Sexy Rexy without the word "Interception" or "INT" in it... ROFL

:ols: I didn't notice that. I know I tried to squeeze either in there, but I kept getting stymied by the meter - interception is 4 syllables and INT is 3.

Awsome remix. lol.

What I really wonder is .... is it the QB's or the system? In most systems the QB is asked to be careful with the ball, but in this system I get the feeling because it's an attacking system we will automatically see INT's. I hope I'm wrong and RG3 comes out lighting it up and the INT's are down but personally I'm getting the feeling it might be KShanahan's system vs. the QB's. I think the team accepts the fact there will be turnovers but if the team can constantly move the ball attacking they will out score their opponant.

Again I hope I'm wrong but don't be supprised if we see RG3 doing the same thing. I don't think it's mistakes but perhaps the QB being asked to thread the needle too much and with that there will be turnovers.

Archived