Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News - 2 Massive Tornadoes Hit Dallas-Ft. Worth Area

Dan T.

Massive twin twisters have touched down near Dallas and Fort Worth this afternoon, crushing homes and sending thousands of North Texans scrambling to take cover.

Reports of injuries were not immediately known, but the National Weather Service declared the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area to be under a "tornado emergency." Warnings for most counties are still active.

Sirens were going off in downtown Dallas and Fort Worth. Schools across the area were huddling children in hallways. Passengers at DFW International Airport were being rushed to safe areas at 1:50 p.m. CT.

"This is as serious of a tornado we've seen in years," said CBS 11 meteorologist Larry Mowry.

Television news helicopters broadcast images of the twisters. Spotters on the ground estimated the tornadoes to be 1/2-mile wide. The first tornado, first spotted about 20 miles south of Fort Worth, was believed to be on the ground for 30 minutes.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/dallas/tornadoes-cause-massive-damage-across-dallas-fort-worth-184640541.html

Oh man, that's extremely bad news. Crossing my fingers that there aren't any casualties, but if something that large hits a populated area...well we saw what happened last year. :(

Unfortunately when you see video of tractor trailers being thrown around effortlessly, that's F3 at least in all likelihood and coupled with a major metropolitan area, it's almost guaranteed casualties. Hope the sirens/NWS warnings keep casualties down.

They're showing a video,(from local news I think),of one tornado going through one of the areas just outside of Dallas on TWC. They're reporting that there are one to three on the ground right now outside of Garland. Just South of Dallas/Ft. Worth airport there's a possibility of one being on ground as well. Wow. Very unfortunate.

:ols: every 5-10 minutes I hear a report of a tornado forming. One is maybe a mile north of me. Another is a mile south of me. Yet another is about two miles east. They are surrounding me apparently. :ols:

I am supposed to take my mom out for dinner for her bday tonight. Hope this clears soon.

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

536264_10150650186861545_55326701544_9479614_161603179_n.jpg

---------- Post added April-3rd-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

398172_10150628161337260_109677662259_9602049_1868095871_n.jpg

Good grief, stay safe royallypwned!

One of my girlfriends just texted me that she's fine, but things are a bit crazy down in Dallass right now.

News footage looks pretty insane. I hope the area comes out of this with only structural damage and no casualties. That will be pretty miraculous :)

Saw a report a few minutes ago that there is a funnel cloud one major street south of me and two major streets west of me. I live just south of 635 on the outside of Farmers Branch for anyone who wants to follow my demise. :ols:

I'll probably need to take cover soon, but tornadoes are not uncommon here, so I'm pretty used to this. Softball size hail too. Oh goody. :ols:

Archived