Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED all things Former Redskin LaRon Landry Thread

Chadwiko

LaRon never grew up, seems to blame the skins instead of wanting to do what it takes to turn it around. I feel angry at him for not reaching his potential with us and making this an easy decision for the FO. Knowing our karma the change to another team will help spark something in him. The reality is tho its hard obe mad at the player when it comes down to the culture he has been surrounded by since ST died and Gibbs left. I truly hope we have fixed the culture now at Redskin Park, I am not optimistic as I see Shanahan as more of a bully than a mentor but I guess his hard line approach was what was needed after all that has happened under Snyder.

I was just kidding. The Jets do make the most sense but when it comes to Landry all bets are off. The guy is a major idiot and I could see going to either the cowboys or eagles just to burn the Redskins.

I sure hope so, our deep ball would be nice with Roy Williams 2.0 back there.

I've been saying I could see him going to the pokes for awhile...but honestly...I don't know if they want him that much from what some of their fans tell me

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

I don't think Landry ever really liked playing here... It wasn't until like 2 years ago that he stopped wearing purple shoulder pads under his jersey.

I guess this is that awkward moment where I ask the mods to change my screen name to HeluNutCheerios

Lemme know if it comes to that.

I've been saying I could see him going to the pokes for awhile...but honestly...I don't know if they want him that much from what some of their fans tell me

---------- Post added March-13th-2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

Lemme know if it comes to that.

If he heads to Dallas or Philly, I'll be giving you a shout for sure!

And suddenly there is no one at either Safety position....if Reed Doughty is still on the team on opening day, that dude must have jedi powers. *Waves fingers* "You don't want to cut me....I'm a solid backup"......

Honestly, this is a pretty bad situation back there. Like very bad.

People can say "Now they have a franchise QB, they can build around him and already have a championship defense..."

Really?

So we might lose Carriker, Fletcher, D.Hall, Atogwe, Landry... and that still stands?

I really like LaRon Landry, I didn't want him to go, but this just seems like a stab in the back from him. I can't believe I bought his jersey after that 2010 season, looks like that will be rotting in my closet. He was probably my favorite player on the team a few months ago.

It really is a shame.

I think I just wanted Landry to be ST21 and it was never going to happen. He was never going to live up to that; I don't know if anyone can. He doesn't want to be here anymore; that is obvious by tweeting cowboys b.s. and instead of having a surgery recommended by his team he spends his time getting superhero size (which is NOT going to help him be an effective NFL player). Maybe he should go join the WWE.

I liked him as a player at one time and since that time his play has just dropped in quality for me. I won't be too upset to see him go, but if he stays I will cheer just as loud as ever for him to turn his career around and help the Skins to their next SB.

Not that this has anything really to do with his play for the Redskins, but when I used to live in Arlington, VA I worked at a restaurant where Redskins used to come in from time to time. (it wasn't a situation where people would be hounding them for pics and autographs either; it was always very professional). Anyways, Landry was one of the more frequent guys and I have to say NOT a good tipper and pretty much an a-hole to the staff. Jason Taylor on the other hand was completely awesome and always tipped well. I think it says something about someone's character in how they treat people who do services for them and Landry just doesn't have it.

Bye LaRon. There's no room for you on this team anymore. Thanks for your play here while you were healthy. It was fun, but it's time for you to go.

My tweet to him just now: "@MrLandry30, time for you to occupy another team's injured reserve. Thanks for you time while w/ #Redskins. You rocked when healthy."

Landry was a great player when he was healthy.

Sucks for him that he'll probably never be healthy again.

I'm curious to see how much interest a player with a busted Achilles is going to generate. My guess is that he'll get about the same level of financial commitment from teams that Shawne Merriman and Takeo Spikes got. He'll probably get a bunch of one and two year offers, probably between two and three million a year, from here on out. If a team commits more than that to him, then they are fools.

And suddenly there is no one at either Safety position....if Reed Doughty is still on the team on opening day, that dude must have jedi powers. *Waves fingers* "You don't want to cut me....I'm a solid backup"......

LOL.

Little has changed for us at S from last season. Atogwe and Landry weren't available then either. We can sign any healthy body off the street and be better off.

Gomes can play safety and honestly, I'd look into moving Hall to safety as well.

Wilson, Hall, Gomes, Barnes, Doughty, Thompson, Westbrook. That's seven DBs. We'll figure the other two or three spots out in the draft and in free agency.

Heres the problem, Doughty and Gomes two players who could potentially not be on any other NFL roster will be whats left if we dont give Landry a shot....Im sure Haslett will talk some sense into the front office.

Given Gomes age and play during his rookie year, he most certainly would make most NFL rosters. Doughty will not be our starter and would also have no trouble finding a backup gig somewhere.

Archived