Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

Think we are gonna need it too. Trent is gonna cost a lot and so is Rak.

one site I've seen has Williams signed till like 2016 and his cap price actually goes down from this year from 14 mil to 8 to 11 to 14, 250, 000. Frankly with them able to affored 14 million for him this year I hope they might renegotiate, drop him down to 5 or so and bump him up the year after.

But Washington Post sports section leading with: "NFL COMMITS FEDERAL LABOR LAW CRIME IN REDSKINS COLLUSION CASE" would be powerful and I guarantee would have gotten some extra attention thrown on this story.

Yeah, typically the media despises abuse of power and the "powers that be" overstepping their bounds, so why aren't they doing more here to expose this crime.

A headline like that one would rightfully throw gasoline on the fire. You can not "collective bargain" a way out of a crime.

On ESPN 980 they inverviewed someone who claimed the Redskins front office believes that they will get all of the $18 million penalty back in 2013 cap space . If not, they felt they would get most of it back. Maybe some else heard it.

Yeah, typically the media despises abuse of power and the "powers that be" overstepping their bounds, so why aren't they doing more here to expose this crime.

A headline like that one would rightfully throw gasoline on the fire. You can not "collective bargain" a way out of a crime.

Because the Post hates Snyder and the Skins, so in the spirit of selective outrage common these days, they are ignoring it.

I don't mind people expressing their opinion, but damn, everytime this thread bumps to the top, I open it hoping there's some breaking news in our favor. Disappointed every time. :ols:

I'm the same way. I check to see if there is any new news, but its nothing

---------- Post added January-18th-2013 at 11:01 AM ----------

I don't mind people expressing their opinion, but damn, everytime this thread bumps to the top, I open it hoping there's some breaking news in our favor. Disappointed every time. :ols:

I'm the same way. I check to see if there is any new news, but its nothing

On ESPN 980 they inverviewed someone who claimed the Redskins front office believes that they will get all of the $18 million penalty back in 2013 cap space . If not, they felt they would get most of it back. Maybe some else heard it.

When did you hear this? Maybe we can find a podcast of the show to actually hear the stuff in context

I thought the whole thing was thrown out by the judge a week or two ago? Did I miss something?
What judge, where? I think you are missing a lot.

I think he is referring to the collusion suit brought by the NFLPA to Judge Doty in US District Court. It was denied a hearing because the NFLPA had waived their rights when entering into the new collective bargaining agreement. That has no impact on the Redskins filing a case if they desired.

The NFLPA leadership is coming out of this thing looking like baffoons from all angles. :doh:

I think he is referring to the collusion suit brought by the NFLPA to Judge Doty in US District Court. It was denied a hearing because the NFLPA had waived their rights when entering into the new collective bargaining agreement. That has no impact on the Redskins filing a case if they desired.

The NFLPA leadership is coming out of this thing looking like baffoons from all angles. :doh:

A lot more than "looking" if you ask me....Smith is a major idiot when you get right down to it. He has just been horrible in just about every aspect of, well.....everything.

Anyone find out more about this? Who's the "someone"?

Well this comment was AWESOME:

“De controlled both the NFLPA and the NFL Coaches Association from 2009 to 2012. During this period, De threw 3 generations of NFL players under the bus in exchange for a photo op with Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft; threw the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys under the bus to conceal from NFL players the truth about the declining salary cap; and, De threw NFL coaches under the bus when he: (1) sat silently as NFL teams unilaterally changed coaches’ retirement benefits; (2) filed an unauthorized legal brief under the NFLCA’s name during the NFL lockout; (3) kicked the NFLCA out of the NFLPA’s offices for challenging the filing of the brief, and he rolled the bus over NFL coaches when he snatched $308,000 in coaches’ dues money and sued the NFLCA because NFL coaches understandably want competent representation.

“I intend to address all of the issues that confront all NFL coaches and clean up the mess that De left behind. While I do, perhaps De will answer these questions: When you controlled the NFLCA, did you fight for uniform retirement and health benefits that will follow NFL coaches from team-to-team? Why does the salary cap continue to decline while League revenues and team values continue to increase? If you stand by the CBA that you negotiated, why do you shift money from other player benefits to the salary cap to create the illusion that the salary cap is flat or slightly rising?”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/cornwell-comes-out-swinging-against-de-smith/

Well this comment was AWESOME:

“De controlled both the NFLPA and the NFL Coaches Association from 2009 to 2012. During this period, De threw 3 generations of NFL players under the bus in exchange for a photo op with Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft; threw the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys under the bus to conceal from NFL players the truth about the declining salary cap; and, De threw NFL coaches under the bus when he: (1) sat silently as NFL teams unilaterally changed coaches’ retirement benefits; (2) filed an unauthorized legal brief under the NFLCA’s name during the NFL lockout; (3) kicked the NFLCA out of the NFLPA’s offices for challenging the filing of the brief, and he rolled the bus over NFL coaches when he snatched $308,000 in coaches’ dues money and sued the NFLCA because NFL coaches understandably want competent representation.

“I intend to address all of the issues that confront all NFL coaches and clean up the mess that De left behind. While I do, perhaps De will answer these questions: When you controlled the NFLCA, did you fight for uniform retirement and health benefits that will follow NFL coaches from team-to-team? Why does the salary cap continue to decline while League revenues and team values continue to increase? If you stand by the CBA that you negotiated, why do you shift money from other player benefits to the salary cap to create the illusion that the salary cap is flat or slightly rising?”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/cornwell-comes-out-swinging-against-de-smith/

Wow........

Wow indeed!

"Threw the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys under the bus to conceal from NFL players the truth about the declining salary cap"

This is going to get interesting...

I dont think there is much to go on here in terms of legal action/CBA rules. The penalty will remain nothing more will come of this, IMO...

I think that's exactly what I saw. Good to hear the Redskins are still fighting.

I dont think there is much to go on here in terms of legal action/CBA rules. The penalty will remain nothing more will come of this, IMO...

Legally, Smith knowing about it and hiding it from the players and then saying, hey sign this so we can get the CBA without explaining it (if that's what happened) is a big, BIG deal.

Legally, Smith knowing about it and hiding it from the players and then saying, hey sign this so we can get the CBA without explaining it (if that's what happened) is a big, BIG deal.

Probably damn near impossible to prove as well. Sounds like a he said/she said scenario, hard to get anything concrete down

Archived