Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

From the Podcast:

JLC: "...look, the Eagles and the Giants were behind that. They're the ones that brought that issue to the league...."

The Dream Team Eagles were the ones that started the cap inquisition, with Mara being the one who followed up with it. Those ****s.

From the Podcast:

JLC: "...look, the Eagles and the Giants were behind that. They're the ones that brought that issue to the league...."

The Dream Team Eagles were the ones that started the cap inquisition, with Mara being the one who followed up with it. Those ****s.

This is infuriating. We got ****ed. Plain and simple. This is worse than expected.

But this making winning the division all the sweeter...

From the Podcast:

The NFL already knew about it because they approved the contract restructuring.

The NFL already knew about it because they approved the contract restructuring.

But they didn't have a problem with it as the approved contracts attest. It was Lurie and Mara that got the ball rolling on penalizing us even though we were doing perfectly legal things in an uncapped year. It just pissed them off.

You would think atleast we could work out a "payment plan" with the NFL....6 mill for 3 years instead of 18 mill in 1 season. That would atleast allow us to sign some FAs

They already gave us a "payment plan" when they "allowed" us to to pay the $36 mil over 2 seasons. We were "lucky" we didn't have more done to us.

So the Fecals and the vagiants were behind the cap penalties...

...and the Redskins are division champions while the Cowboys also had a shot at the division.

What goes around comes around Lurie and Mara...*******s.

And the team that was penalized the most won the most.

Justice is awesome, especially when it comes fast.

From the Podcast:

I knew it! The smell and eye test just didn't check out. I knew there was no way the Eagles could be my least hated team in our division behind the cheating Giants and the rival Cowboys. Welcome back to the top, scumbags.

That's precisely why they did it. To delay the juggernaut

I have thought the same myself, and I really think this has merit. They saw this was not the same organization and team anymore, and they knew that their window of success with their aging teams was diminishing every season. They knew a power shift in the Division was imminent, and they clearly tried to slow our progress.

The best part is despite the cap penalty we still won the division. :)

I have thought the same myself, and I really think this has merit. They saw this was not the same organization and team anymore, and they knew that their window of success with their aging teams was diminishing every season. They knew a power shift in the Division was imminent, and they clearly tried to slow our progress.

The best part is despite the cap penalty we still won the division. :)

I am still just flabbergasted at the level of underhanded conspiring that is going on behind closed doors...

I guarantee Mara did everything he could to keep Griffin out of DC

I am still just flabbergasted at the level of underhanded conspiring that is going on behind closed doors...

I guarantee Mara did everything he could to keep Griffin out of DC

He said as much. "They are lucky they didn't lose draft picks"

Translate: I tried to take draft picks from them also but some sane person spoke up and stopped the lunacy.

It's a shame hard hitting investigative journalism is gone. I could just see a 40 year old Dan Rather chasing down Mara with a microphone asking him about collusion. This whole thing is rotten to the core and needs to be exposed in depth. No network would ever take on the NFL like that now days. No profit in it.

Archived