Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

Pez filmed it on his Iphone. It was a Q&A session with the commish while I was in NY for the photoshoot. Cameras etc were allowed. The NFL filmed it too. It is still on his phone.

Then both make for an open and shut case. Let's get this **** started!!! ;)

you know, last season the NFL did two controversial actions. the punishments for bountygate and punishing the Skins and Cowboys. Bountygate was overturned and Godell has a suit on him still. They might chose to give up on the Skins/Boys punishment rather than risk another loss.

you know, last season the NFL did two controversial actions. the punishments for bountygate and punishing the Skins and Cowboys. Bountygate was overturned and Godell has a suit on him still. They might chose to give up on the Skins/Boys punishment rather than risk another loss.

Possibly. But it is really a game of chicken. Snyder and Jones are already not liked because their free spending ways has forced other more "frugal" owners to pay more for players AND coaches depspite teams like the Redskins and Cowboys paying millions of dollars to the low revenue (read cheap ass non marketing) teams.

I think the Skins need to draw up the legal papers and file something before the NFL blinks. Nothing that shares any damaging information. Just initial paperwork to file suit with basic information. IF it were to happen, I don't see it happening until after the season is over and the winter owners meeting is concluded. That's just me talking now. No inside information.

IF it were to happen, I don't see it happening until after the season is over and the winter owners meeting is concluded. That's just me talking now. No inside information.

Show up at the winter meeting with copies of the suit to hand out to all the owners and tell them it gets filed the day after the meeting if no relief is given. :ols:

The question is, whether or not the parties can agree to say the fine against us was ok even though it was illegal. Some lawyers/judges say no because you can't do something such as sign an agreement with someone to let them rob your house....illegal is still illegal, but some say it is a waiving of your rights and it is ok. The Skins are basically saying, we didn't agree to this "gentlemen"s' agreement because it was illegal, so we can't be held accountable for what the NFL and NFLPA agreed to. Also throw in the fact that the NFL approved the contract changes we made and then said two years later that they were wrong. That is wrong on its face, and opens up the door that we were punished for breaking the code that was illegal to begin with.

Excellent Post, and this part gets right down to the heart of the matter. "Gentleman's Agreements" do not supercede the law. Contracts signed with labor unions do not supercede the law. What the NFL did was illegal. The kind of behavior you would expect from Mafia Dons. Exactly why it has been so frustrating for me to sit back and watch this thing unfold. Collusion is a crime.

I can't sign an agreement with you that enables me to kill your wife...and then claim when I'm charged with murder that our contract gets me out of having to go to criminal trial.

Even though The Redskins were given 2 years to split the cap space, wasn't all of it already distributed to the rest of the team this past year? If that is the case will they have to return their pro-rated shares?

Pez filmed it on his Iphone. It was a Q&A session with the commish while I was in NY for the photoshoot. Cameras etc were allowed. The NFL filmed it too. It is still on his phone.

get him to post that video Huly!

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 07:20 PM ----------

Even though The Redskins were given 2 years to split the cap space, wasn't all of it already distributed to the rest of the team this past year? If that is the case will they have to return their pro-rated shares?

from what I understand it was distrubuted this year (2012). Nothing happened next year yet.

I was thinking the same thing. Face could be saved all round with the league saying the penalty was appropriate but they have decided to void year 2 of the penalties.

I'd take that and even though it's still "wrong" I guess the Skins would swallow it to get $18 million back for next year and avoid the mess of a law suit.

I think the multi-billion dollar NFL can find a way to let up spend an extra 36 million next year if need be.

I have a question that may be relevant to the other team's desire to fight us on this issue. However, I don't know if anyone on here will know the answer.

Of the clubs that got the extra cap space awarded by the re-distribution of our and the Cowboys penalty which clubs, if any, actually spent that extra cap money?

G1,

That was always my question going into the situation from the players side. They took money from 2 teams for "over spending" to give to the rest of the owners (too cheap to do the same), and they did so for the last season without a floor on spending. Why and how did it work out for them?

Every lawyer on this board should devote a few hours and work pro bono for Danny and sue the freakin NFL....

Trust me, Snyder has plenty of high priced legal advice working on this issue. It's not just Snyder and Bruce Allen.

---------- Post added January-9th-2013 at 12:34 PM ----------

I will see if Pez can post the video.

SonnyandSam Basset Hounds are awesome. Gibbs is a Tri color yours sounds more Red and White :)

My Gibbs is a good old American mutt. I did a DNA test. I know she is 25% bulldog, 12.5% boxer and who know what the rest of her is. But it definitely is a mixture of hound. She lives by her nose. Smells everything; nose to the ground wherever we walk; and of course has that face of a beagle/basset/American fox hound type of dog. Wish I knew more of her background, She was a rescue dog from a kill shelter in Birmingham, AL. Can't imagine anyone sending her to a kill shelter. She has the sweetest disposition of any dog I've known in 53 years. Just loves all people.

Archived