Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another trade in the works?

kiingspadee

Could work is Otogwe can stay healthy... I don't see the drop-off especially if he can give you the same production as well ball-hawking skills.

Alot of this makes too much sense and it seems as if the 'Skins are thinking this way as well.

Man I really have to question football intelligence on this board sometimes. You, along with Cavs9, really believe D Hall could be a productive strong safety? He does not have the size to line up closer to the line of scrimmage (as we often do in the 3-4 we run). He doesn't have the size to cover tight ends (which he would have to do as strong safety). He doesn't have the strength to consistently shed blockers when he blitzes. The list can go on and on. I would fully support moving him to Free, provided that we sign a corner to take over this spot. But strong safety? Really?

i agree with you in that theres a good chance its something to do with flipping a later pick or two.. BA said they have done their homework regarding later rounds in the upcoming draft. It may be they are just trying to fine tune their positioning in the later rounds so they can get their gems.

Speaking of free agency, does anyone have capabilties of updating the "Redskins One" tracker thread? Or is the capability of tracking the plane dead?

The thread was bumped last week. Its possible to track...sort of. It depends on how much work you want to put in it, and alot of speculation.

Trading Hall to recoup a pick(s) and then signing Finnegan or Carr would be the most prudent move in my opinion.

Most of the other suggestions on here range from implausible to idiotic.

I kinda wish we could keep Hall as the nickel back though. He seemed to thrive in that role when he first got here and was behind Springs and Rogers.

This is hilarious all of you trying to figure out this "riddle".

This reminds me of last year when TK said "Sherlock" and everyone thought we were going to sign Santonio Holmes shortly, lol.

I guess it is sort of fun, and helps pass time to play guessing games though, so no complaints from me

I don't understand all the D Hall negativity. His tackling was vastly improved last year - which was a big gripe. He's a playmaking corner with great hands/speed. He's not a shutdown corner, there aren't that many out there. Unlike Atogwe and Landry he was actually out there on the field. Yes, he gave up some big plays at crucial moments, but he's been made to be a scapegoat too much.

I think Morris can bring out the best in him. He's 28 and he can have a couple of big years for us.

Please let it be the Skins trading away DeAngello Hall ... please

I have a strong feeling that it involves skins trading a player for pick(s). Shanahan want to be able to maneuver, need some picks to play with.

Would love if they could somehow sign and trade Landry, get something out of him.

I don't see why people want to trade Hall. I'd love for us to keep Hall and get someone better than him to lock down teams #1 receivers. Hall has improved his tackling a lot since he came here and while he has the athletic ability to be a lock down corner, he doesn't have the mentality for it. He takes risks to get the interception. He's too much liability against some of the best receivers in the game, true. It's also true he's a weapon if he's lined up against their second best.

I'd love to see Talib, Hall and Wilson playing nickle.

Bang Bang = Big Black

Peace Hello = Pastrana Help

The Redskins are going to sign Big Black to the offensive line and Travis Pastrana to ride a kawasaki down field as a WR.... he will blow by any coverage and RGIII can never miss him, also Griff will never be sacked with Chris Boykin bouncing defenders off of his belly.

THATS IT!!!! case closed

Trading Hall to recoup a pick(s) and then signing Finnegan or Carr would be the most prudent move in my opinion.

Most of the other suggestions on here range from implausible to idiotic.

I'm thinking it's D. Hall and a 4th to the earlier Patriots for a 2nd.

HAIL!

EDIT: That'll give the choice to either trade back for more picks, or have a pick in every round again... as well as freeing up some cap space.

I kinda wish we could keep Hall as the nickel back though. He seemed to thrive in that role when he first got here and was behind Springs and Rogers.

I agree with the idea that Hall is a good nickel back, but he's getting paid #1 money, and the production just isn't there. If he was willing to renegotiate so his cap hit was maybe 3 mil instead of 6 mil or more, I'd be all for keeping him.

That being said, if we can't renegotiate and someone is willing to deal us a 2nd, I say do it. Someone floated the idea that we trade Hall + a 4th to get NE's 31st pick. I don't see that happening, that deal is just too good to be true, but anything in that vein would be amazing. Use the money saved to immediately give Fletcher an extra million or two and then get a monster CB in FA.

In terms of Finnegan, I'd be ok with him. He's certainly skilled enough, and while he's physical I don't really see that as a minus if he can keep pace with the #1 WRs. We never had a problem with Taylor being physical, or Landry, so I don't see much of an issue.

Just keep him away from Andre Johnson. Considering we're in the NFC and won't be playing the Texans much we'd probably be fine.

Archived