Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another trade in the works?

kiingspadee

ESPN 980

A big does of bad news for the #Redskins - Per Adam Schefter - NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from #Cowboys and #Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year

and we just got that Million back by cutting Sellers.....

I don't get that. Where did it say you couldn't do that? Idiotic in my opinion.

ESPN 980

A big does of bad news for the #Redskins - Per Adam Schefter - NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from #Cowboys and #Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year

and we just got that Million back by cutting Sellers.....

If this is true this is pretty poor on the league's part, especially if there was nothing in the rules that prevented us from doing it legitimately.

And to do it the day prior to free agency opening.

I hope this is bad info.

ESPN 980

A big does of bad news for the #Redskins - Per Adam Schefter - NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from #Cowboys and #Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year QUOTE]

Can anyone one explain that since it doesn't sound like there were any rules about doing so?

Her you go guys :

The NFL told teams not to treat the uncapped year as a free for all to dump salaries and set themselves up for future years of cap relief. The redskins and cowboys ignored the leagues demands and will now pay for it. Who knows how much they will take away but every bit hurts.

Wouldnt this be Shanny/Bruce's doing? If the league did actually threaten to penalize teams that front loaded contracts.. then SHAME on the FO

yeah... sure... or we could still have fat Albert on the roster for 4 more years....

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 03:19 PM ----------

36 million lost...wowwwwwww

That seriously just gave me a headache/stomach ache/ light headedness all at once...

Archived