Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

There is no way I am watching the new Avatar on anything but bluray. 

The sound on these streaming services is total garbage compared to disc.

Rumor is it's going to come out late June but nothing confirmed yet.

June 20th on bluray according to Disney. 

Saw the latest Affleck flop, Hypnotic . I’ll give a C+.  It’s sort of a mind control / alternating reality constructs type of movie.  So, many twists in the movie right until the end. 

Spoiler

The end is where wtf really went on is revealed.

Movie season picks up with the Summer movie season.

Fast X this week, Little Mermaid & Kandahar next week.

Saw Fast X.  Gets an A-.  It starts off slowly but picks up pace and gives you what you expect from the Fast movies.  Plenty of surprises in this one and returns.  Sets up the next one nicely.  The next one was supposed to be the end but now there will 2 more movies and Vin Disiel actually wants 3 more movies. So we'll see what happens.

Next up-  Kandahar, The Little MErmaid and The Machine.

I watched Halloween Ends and wow, it was A LOT worse than I ever could have imagined. I mean I knew it was bad, but I did not know it was going to be THAT bad.  I'd almost recommend watching it just to see how bad it actually is lol, if you're a fan of Halloween that is.

I'd give it about a 2/10 and that is being generous.  I give it 2 because of the opening scene.  Otherwise it would be a 0 or 1.

• Like 2

I watched Peter Pan and Wendy with my kids.  It was well done, and I liked the different emphasis from the original.  This one was much more about Wendy growing up and out growing the need for Never Land.  The acting was good and the writing was imaginative.  If you liked the original years ago, you are likely to like this.  My kids enjoyed it for the story of magic, fairies and little kids able to take on adults.  I'd give it a 7 or an 8.

• Like 1

Saw the live action remake, "The Little Mermaid".  It was ok, gets a C+. Kids will probably like it though.  Sebastian the Crab stole the show.  I don't really see why they did a live action version of this. I don't think it translates as well as the cartoon version.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:34 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

I just started watching HBO’s Deadwood and I must say the show is fantastic.  The series did not get the praise I believe it deserves due the shear quality of HBO programming during this time period.  Definitely worth revisiting…

You must have been living under a rock.  Deadwood got a lot of praise.

Me personally I tried to watch it - twice - and couldn't get into it.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

You must have been living under a rock.  Deadwood got a lot of praise.

Me personally I tried to watch it - twice - and couldn't get into it.  

Mrs. Skinsfan and I really loved it at first, but the writers made the speech so hard to follow that you had to put on CC to understand what they're saying.  Here are a few examples that I found. 

“It occurs to me Al, as you and he are so evidently well-acquainted, the decent interval that Mr. Langrishe is owed to make his domestic arrangements I might spend hearing you talk of him.”

“Are we at war now here in the camp? Has that fact been suppressed as well? Absent formal declaration, Al, information which affects this community is not my prerogative to disseminate. To do so is my sacred responsibility.

Seriously?  Was it a gold rush town full of Wild West characters and lowlifes, or an English literature retreat?

• Like 1

I have to say, there were times the language was a bit hard to exactly get the first time around, but I had a harder time getting used to the swearing.  There were times I would go back just to hear the string again.  It made a lie of my usual rule on swearing being a lazy and often forgettable approach to making a point.  

Saw Kandahar, the latest Gerald Butler pic. A cia operative cover is blown and he needs to get an extraction point in Kandahar while being chased by several groups trying to capture him.

Get a solid B.  It was a little slow at first. Afghanistan sure seems like a setting for a lot of movies.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:56 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Mrs. Skinsfan and I really loved it at first, but the writers made the speech so hard to follow that you had to put on CC to understand what they're saying.  Here are a few examples that I found. 

“It occurs to me Al, as you and he are so evidently well-acquainted, the decent interval that Mr. Langrishe is owed to make his domestic arrangements I might spend hearing you talk of him.”

“Are we at war now here in the camp? Has that fact been suppressed as well? Absent formal declaration, Al, information which affects this community is not my prerogative to disseminate. To do so is my sacred responsibility.

Seriously?  Was it a gold rush town full of Wild West characters and lowlifes, or an English literature retreat?

That was mostly Darrell's brother Darryl.  

Actor who was in Newhart playing the hotel operator.  I found that off-putting too, as well as some of the other characters using ridiculously flowery talk,  but Swerengin's skill at working **** sucker into a sentence made up for it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Afghanistan sure seems like a setting for a lot of movies.

Not shocking in the context of how many WW2 and Vietnam movies were made, consider the impact on the generation out their fighting it and the context on history (their will be more to really hit home what that 20 years in Afghanistan was like).

A movie about the government collapse and return of the Taliban is inevitable...

Edited by Renegade7

I watched Gold and Blood on Netfilx last night.

It's a German movie about some renegade SS troops looking for gold in a remote German village, late in WWII.

It was very entertaining and action packed.  It was kinda like Quentin Tarantino light, sorta movie.

I really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I watched Gold and Blood on Netfilx last night.

It's a German movie about some renegade SS troops looking for gold in a remote German village, late in WWII.

It was very entertaining and action packed.  It was kinda like Quentin Tarantino light, sorta movie.

I really enjoyed it.

Hmmm....I think I've seen this one before...

kellys-heroes-oddball.gif.b5b3ce2a986a421ca617378ad8717150.gif

KelleysHeroes.gif.0f9497a4502169cb1dee1f53c4c3e5f9.gif

• Haha 1

Three Thousand Years of Longing on Prime.
I really liked it, original, interesting, colorful, magical..
Idris Elba is a Djinn and he tell the stories of his imprisonment in the bottle.

~Bang

10 minutes ago, Bang said:

Three Thousand Years of Longing on Prime.
I really liked it, original, interesting, colorful, magical..
Idris Elba is a Djinn and he tell the stories of his imprisonment in the bottle.

~Bang

I liked that, think I saw that in the theater.

• Like 1

White Men Can't Jump (2023)

4/10

This movie isn't all bad.  It was semi entertaining.  The acting was bad though and the story was pretty stupid as well.  The thing that gets me though is why was it even called White Men Can't Jump?  It really has nothing to do with the original story at all, aside from hustling in California.  But there is just so much to it that is different than the original one that it didn't make sense to name it that.  They also force a bunch of stupid race "jokes" and comments which just seem so out of place.  But like I said, it still kept me interested and entertained for most of it.  The basketball scenes in general was not very well done either.  I really only watched it out of curiosity knowing it would not hold anything to the original one.

Watched a couple today
Dungeons and Dragons on Paramount(?), the new one.
Not bad.  i played many hours of this, usually as the DM. I enjoyed spotting the various monsters, although it was much too light on them. Seemed about 20-30 minutes too long, but the characters were good. It was silly, campy fun.

They Will Not Grow Old on HBO Max
The WWI documentary, colorized and lip-read. It is very good, very impactful. The firsthand accounts are absorbing, and the whole movie carries along as if it isn't a documentary, while maintaining full awareness that it is, and what you see is real. The final minutes, veterans feeling forlorn, lost in a nation that didn't care when hey came home... it just rang as true as ever.  Probably why the cycles keep repeating.

Worth watching. Especially today.

~Bang