Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Saw "Emily the Criminal" last week. One of those movies that could have been 10 minutes longer to explain a little more of the details. Decent movie anyway, I suppose. B-/C+ 

Spoiler

I was high af and thought every scene but 1 (when the white people rob her) was a "setup". lol 

Edited by GoDeep81
  • Like 1

4556D775-E4BE-434A-8208-AB0C8F02589C.thumb.jpeg.aa8c5f44fe8104dfeea44ec8f9e368dc.jpeg

On a remote island off the coast of Ireland, Pádraic is devastated when his buddy Colm suddenly puts an end to their lifelong friendship.

Didn’t know what to expect from this since the above is all I knew. It’s such a simple, almost juvenile concept. “I don’t want to be your friend anymore” and dealing with that but wow is it a dark, strangely funny, painful, and shocking ride from there. 

Colin Ferrell, Brendan Gleeson, Barry Keoghan, and Kerry Condon are all exceptional. 

My interview with vampire. Weird move. Liked most of it.

I don’t get the fascination of making vampires eating so erotic. disappointed to find out queen of the damn was a sequel. Cause that’s movie sucked. 

Rambo part 1 I liked a lot, stupid cop being a dick. He wasn’t hurting anyone. 
Rambo PT 2. Damn they did Cho or whatever her name was. Dirty. Less plot but fun 

I must be on a Christian Bale kick because this morning I watched "Amsterdam"

I really enjoyed it, good story, amazing cast, 

One of those casts where every time they introduce a new character, you go "damn!" because of who is playing them.
To name a few, Bale, John david Washington ,Robert DeNiro, Timothy Olyphant, Margot Robbie, Michael Shannon, Remi Malek, Mike Myers, Ed Begley..  an incredible cast.

The story is interesting, well shot, and culminates in an excellent if slightly offbeat climax experienced via the lead character tripping on methamphetamine.

I liked it. I tried to watch it on HBO Max, but the damn constant buffering made it impossible. Does anyone else experience this with HBO Max? After about 45 minutes of anything I watch there, the buffering starts. ..  took me 20 minutes to get thru 5 minutes of movie, soi said F it and went over to Prime, rented it for 3.99 so I could watch the last 90 minutes.

Amsterdam: Who is in the cast? | The US Sun

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bulworth is still my favorite movie, reconfirmed last night finally showing to my sister...

Always felt that if someone running for office in the US ever talked like that, no matter how good or horrible it was, folks would flock to them because of being so tired of traditional political speak.  

Was right in one of the worst ways imaginable...but that's besides the point, it's still funny, it's still poignant, and cant go wrong with Young Halle Berry tongue-nado : )

9as2.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watched the Christian movie Left Behind: Rise of the AntiChrist.

Basically, the Rapture occurs and shows the remaining people coming to believe as the prepare to fight the Antichrist.

Fight by spreading the word.

Gets a C.  It was easy to figure out who the AntiChrist was.  Movie was more of a preaching movie than an actual story. AntiChrist Drew me in but was disappointing. Got the main actor Kevin Sorbo going on a religious spiel after the movie and then a sermon from Mike Huckabee. Yes, Sarah’s daddy.

Yeah, Christians need movies too but make something better. 

Beauty and the Beast with H.E.R on the Disney channel was awesome.  There are other big name singers who have some good performances, but H.E.R. is awesome.  Her voice makes the entire movie worth watching even if you feel like you have already seen Beauty and the Beast without a need to see yet another version.  I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

• Thumb up 2

When We Were Kings.  

It's a documentary that came out in the late 90s that covers the Ali/Foreman fight in Zaire in '74.  It's fantastic.  Great behind the scenes footage of Ali and Foreman, great interviews from Spike Lee, George Plimpton, Norman Mailer and others, great musical performances (it was billed as a festival) by James Brown and BB King, Don King being Don King...it's just fantastic on so many levels.  Some hysterical moments, intentional and unintentional (the perpetually stoned promoter with the white guy fro is a sight to behold).  I could watch this all day. 

A+.  It's on HBO Max right now.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

When We Were Kings.  

It's a documentary that came out in the late 90s that covers the Ali/Foreman fight in Zaire in '74.  It's fantastic.  Great behind the scenes footage of Ali and Foreman, great interviews from Spike Lee, George Plimpton, Norman Mailer and others, great musical performances (it was billed as a festival) by James Brown and BB King, Don King being Don King...it's just fantastic on so many levels.  Some hysterical moments, intentional and unintentional (the perpetually stoned promoter with the white guy fro is a sight to behold).  I could watch this all day. 

A+.  It's on HBO Max right now.

Ali bomaye!!!

• Like 1

You People

Big fat "meh".  It didn't know what it wanted to be. It wasn't sure if it wanted to be a comedy or be a serious movie.  And then the whole racial stuff is completely overdone and over the top, and there is no way in hell that kind of stuff would happen in Los Angeles of all places, a super diverse place.  

It definitely "felt" like a Netflix movie in the quality of it.  Pretty much every movie straight to Netflix feels a bit bootleg.  This movie definitely did, even though it had a great cast.

Acting in the movie however was A++.  It was very well done.

Pamela, a love story.

New Netflix documentary on Pamela Anderson, chronicles her whole story.  Forgot she came from small town Canada, how she got her start, all of that was pretty cool.  And, uh, you know, the whole Playboy and Baywatch bits.

Ultimately, a lot of boo-hooing about the Tommy Lee sex tape, her failed marriages (five, she's closing in on Liz Taylor) and being bad with money.  C+/B-.   

Edited by Spaceman Spiff