Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

2015 was a great year for movies and Sicario was up there with the best of them. Somehow, 2016 was even better and is probably my favorite movie year of the last decade. 

My man.  2015 and 2016 went hard. 

I had to go back and look at the google list, but 2015 was pretty strong.  Kingsman, Sicaro, Hateful 8, The Martin, Big Short, Straight outta Compton, Revenant, Creed, Spotlight, Mad Max, Room, MI:Rogue Nation, Ex machina , Black mass, Hunger Games Finale, Spy, Good Dinosaur, Bridge of Spies, 45 Years, The Danish Girl, Brooklyn.   GOD DAMN :o

But then I checked 2016 or a refresher.  Deadpool, Moana, Rouge one, Hacksaw, Fantastic Beasts, Arrival, Bad moms, Doctor Strange, the Accountant, Lion, Nocturnal Animals, Zootopia, Jungle Book, Girl on the Train, Star Trek , Me Before You, Moonlight, Hell or High Water, 10 Cloverfield, Silence, Fences, Conjuring 2.  :o

Back to back years with multiple "oh my god, that was unbelievable" movies, and then a crap ton of really good ones. Almost too close to call.  But my love for revenge/vengeance flicks tips me towards 2015, with bangers like Sicario, Hateful 8, Revenant, Mad Max.  But 2015/2016 are probably the strongest years of back to back classics since the early-mid 90s. 

Not to get too far off topic and maybe a cool idea for a new thread, but a year or so ago me and some movie buff bros at work did kind of what me and Momma did above.  We went through movies year by year to find the best year of every decade, starting with the 80s.  Our debates during lunch got quite heated at times LOL.  The 90s were really difficult.  I mean, look at the first three years:

1991:  Terminator 2, Silence of the Lambs, Beauty & The Beast, Thelma & Louise,  Backdraft, Bugsy, What About Bob, Boyz n the Hood, City Slickers, JFK, Barton Fink, Cape Fear, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (**** you, it's a "trashic" trash classic),  Hot Shots, The Man in the Moon, New Jack City, Father of the Bride, Prince of Tides,  People Under the Stairs, The Fisher King, My Own Private Idaho (RIP River), The Doctor.

1992:  Last of the Mohicans,  A Few Good Men, My Cousin Vinny, A League of Their Own,  Patriot Games, Unforgiven, Reservoir Dogs, Of mice & Men, Aladdin, White Men Can't Jump, Malcom X, Wayne's World, GlenGarry Glen Ross, A River Runs Through It,  Bram Stroker's, Juice, Scent of A Woman, The Crying Game.  :o

1993:  Jurassic Park, The Fugitive, Schindler's List, Tombstone, Remains Of The Day (My #1 favorite movie of all-time), The Firm, Philadelphia, Sandlot, Bronx Tale, Night Before Christmas, Dazed & Confused, Groundhog Day, Gilbert Grape, True Romance, Secret Garden, Homeward Bound, Menace II Society, Alive, The Piano, What's Love got To Do With It, Age of Innocence.  :o

91 is probably the weakest of the three.  92 or 93?  And there are some strong years 94-99.  95 went hard as ****. 

Edited by Chew

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Next dude that types “Prince of Thieves” gets the taint-punch.

What, you got a problem with Kevin Costner trying a British accent?

16 minutes ago, Chew said:

1991:  Terminator 2, Silence of the Lambs, Beauty & The Beast, Thelma & Louise,  Backdraft, Bugsy, What About Bob, Boyz n the Hood, City Slickers, JFK, Barton Fink, Cape Fear, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (**** you, it's a "trashic" trash classic),  Hot Shots, The Man in the Moon, New Jack City, Father of the Bride, Prince of Tides,  People Under the Stairs, The Fisher King, My Own Private Idaho (RIP River), The Doctor.

You forgot Point Break.  Get it together, Chew, you're slippin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Next dude that types “Prince of Thieves” gets the taint-punch.

See me with the hands.  Sure, RH:PoT was trash.  But Alan Rickman delivered big time, and Morgan's sword.  Christian Slater is a bamma for the most part, but he was epic in Very Bad Things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chew said:

My man.  2015 and 2016 went hard. 

I had to go back and look at the google list, but 2015 was pretty strong.  Kingsman, Sicaro, Hateful 8, The Martin, Big Short, Straight outta Compton, Revenant, Creed, Spotlight, Mad Max, Room, MI:Rogue Nation, Ex machina , Black mass, Hunger Games Finale, Spy, Good Dinosaur, Bridge of Spies, 45 Years, The Danish Girl, Brooklyn.   GOD DAMN :o

But then I checked 2016 or a refresher.  Deadpool, Moana, Rouge one, Hacksaw, Fantastic Beasts, Arrival, Bad moms, Doctor Strange, the Accountant, Lion, Nocturnal Animals, Zootopia, Jungle Book, Girl on the Train, Star Trek , Me Before You, Moonlight, Hell or High Water, 10 Cloverfield, Silence, Fences, Conjuring 2.  :o

Back to back years with multiple "oh my god, that was unbelievable" movies, and then a crap ton of really good ones. Almost too close to call.  But my love for revenge/vengeance flicks tips me towards 2015, with bangers like Sicario, Hateful 8, Revenant, Mad Max.  But 2015/2016 are probably the strongest years of back to back classics since the early-mid 90s. 

Not to get too far off topic and maybe a cool idea for a new thread, but a year or so ago me and some movie buff bros at work did kind of what me and Momma did above.  We went through movies year by year to find the best year of every decade, starting with the 80s.  Our debates during lunch got quite heated at times LOL.  The 90s were really difficult.  I mean, look at the first three years:

1992:  Last of the Mohicans,  A Few Good Men, My Cousin Vinny, A League of Their Own,  Patriot Games, Unforgiven, Reservoir Dogs, Of mice & Men, Aladdin, White Men Can't Jump, Malcom X, Wayne's World, GlenGarry Glen Ross, A River Runs Through It,  Bram Stroker's, Juice, Scent of A Woman, The Crying Game.  :o

1993:  Jurassic Park, The Fugitive, Schindler's List, Tombstone, Remains Of The Day (My #1 favorite movie of all-time), The Firm, Philadelphia, Sandlot, Bronx Tale, Night Before Christmas, Dazed & Confused, Groundhog Day, Gilbert Grape, True Romance, Secret Garden, Homeward Bound, Menace II Society, Alive, The Piano, What's Love got To Do With It, Age of Innocence.  :o

91 is probably the weakest of the three.  92 or 93?  And there are some strong years 94-99.  95 went hard as ****. 

I love it. I'd still go 2016 because Arrival, La La Land and Moonlight are three of my favorite movies ever. They never fail to bring out the tears. 

94 tho? Pulp Fiction, Shawshank, Forest Gump, The Lion King, True Lies, Dumber and Dumber, Ace Ventura, The Mask (greatest year for a comedian ever?), The Professional, the Client, Speed, Natural Born Killers, Quiz Show, Legends of the Fall, Angels in the Outfield, Interview with a Vampire, The Jungle Book, Clear and Present Danger, Blue Chips, the Santa Clause, 

The 90s just killed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it. I'd still go 2016 because Arrival, La La Land and Moonlight are three of my favorite movies ever. They never fail to bring out the tears. 

Nice.  Yeah Moonlight hit me in the feels, and Arrival was solid.  I liked La La and all, lived up to the hype mostly.  Didn't love it, though.  But I understand why it was showered with nominations. 

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The 90s just killed 

Pretty much!  I was a few movies into typing the list for 94 and was like "**** this ****" cuz I'll be sitting here for another 45 mins doing every year from the 90s LOL. 

I'm starting to sound like every other old grump out there, but they really don't make 'em like they used to.  I grew up watching movies with my dad on AMC back in the day, he made sure I appreciated all the gold from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.  I hope my kids are open and will understand how magical the movies from the 80s and 90s are.  If they give me any ****, I'm gonna Clockwork Orange/McDowell their eyes open and make them watch every Denzel movie ever made.  Even "Virtuosity" :ols:

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

True Lies has aged well.  Great action flick.

"Take off your pants."  **Jamie Lee hip thrust**  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Chew said:

See me with the hands.  Sure, RH:PoT was trash.  But Alan Rickman delivered big time, and Morgan's sword.  Christian Slater is a bamma for the most part, but he was epic in Very Bad Things. 

Alan Rickman was pretty awesome in that movie. And Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio makes a great Maid Marian.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The movie sucks and Kevin Costner sucks.

Although Silverado is good fun.

He may suck, but he had some magic going on in the late-1980s and early-1990s...

The Untouchables

Field of Dreams

Dances with Wolves

Robin Hood

The Bodyguard

I'm not saying all those movies were great (or even good) or that he was the reason...but they were successful as ****! 

I loved Field of Dreams and probably have always had a soft spot for KC solely because of that. 

• Like 1

I think in most of Costner's roles you could replace him with a piece of plywood and you wouldn't lose much, if anything. That said, some of his bad/no acting and ridiculousness is part of the charm. He's still got movies I enjoy, not so much because of him. The Prince of Thieves is one of those. It shouldn't be good and it's really not but damn is it entertaining. 

Look...I know objectively The Postman sucks. But I love it, mostly for Will Patton as Bethlehem and the patriotism it stirs inside of me. 

Now Waterworld? **** that mess. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

He may suck, but he had some magic going on in the late-1980s and early-1990s...

The Untouchables

Field of Dreams

Dances with Wolves

Robin Hood

The Bodyguard

I'm not saying all those movies were great (or even good) or that he was the reason...but they were successful as ****! 

I loved Field of Dreams and probably have always had a soft spot for KC solely because of that. 

Bull Durham!  And No Way Out, which I mentioned previously.  

I don't think Costner sucks, I think he's actually pretty good but he needs to stay in his lane, like I think he's good as a washed up catcher in the minors.  He's good as a clueless farmer in Field of Dreams.  There's not a ton of range there, certainly not enough to play Robin Hood.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't think Costner sucks, I think he's actually pretty good but he needs to stay in his lane, like I think he's good as a washed up catcher in the minors.  He's good as a clueless farmer in Field of Dreams.  There's not a ton of range there, certainly not enough to play Robin Hood.  

Cooked 'em :rofl89:

What about gilled, immortal, Amazonian water-man that escaped captivity from an evil Michael Shannon?  It could be a crossover/origin story.  The Shape of Waterworld.  

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Chew said:

Cooked 'em :rofl89:

What about gilled, immortal, Amazonian water-man that escaped captivity from an evil Michael Shannon?  It could be a crossover/origin story.  The Shape of Waterworld.  

I've never actually seen Waterworld.  I remember when it came out and it got trashed and when I've seen it on tv I've just always thought to myself...ehhh, better not bother.

But yeah, I don't see him performing well in that role at all.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've never actually seen Waterworld.  I remember when it came out and it got trashed and when I've seen it on tv I've just always thought to myself...ehhh, better not bother.

I went to the theaters...it was SO BAD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

94 tho? Pulp Fiction, Shawshank, Forest Gump, The Lion King, True Lies, Dumber and Dumber, Ace Ventura, The Mask (greatest year for a comedian ever?), The Professional, the Client, Speed, Natural Born Killers, Quiz Show, Legends of the Fall, Angels in the Outfield, Interview with a Vampire, The Jungle Book, Clear and Present Danger, Blue Chips, the Santa Clause, 

I was about to say.

How can you have an early 90s list, and not include 1994 which is probably the greatest modern movie year.

Jim Carey owned 1994.

Four Weddings and a Funeral, Reality Bites, Above the Rim, Crooklyn, Speed, Jason's Lyric

1994 was an incredible year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I was about to say.

How can you have an early 90s list, and not include 1994 

Becuase i got fed up.  I started doing 94, bit the  i'd have to do 95-99 LOL

95:  Seven, original Toy Story, Heat, Apollo 13, Braveheart, Friday, Usual Suspects, 12 Monkeys, Crimson Tide, Dead Man Walking, Ace Ventura, Leaving Las Vegas, Desperado, Sense & Sensability, Strange Days, etc, etc

See what i mean LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I saw "Antman & The Wasp".  It was prety good, so it gets a B.  

Reveal hidden contents

You know there will be a third movie, since one of the bonus scenes shows some characters getting Thanosed.  Poor Antman is now trapped in the Quantum Zone.

Spoiler

The mid-credit scene was more of a setup for A4 then Antman3. But I like where they left Scott.  Hank mentioned time traps or something so my theory is Antman will end up in the future and will get pulled out of the quantum realm by his daughter with help from an older Tony Stark. They’re already cast an older actress to play the daughter at some point.  

The setup for Antman3 I think will be around Janet’s powers which they didn’t explain at all and who Walton Goggins character works for.  He was a henchman for a bigger boss.  

The Post. Boooooo-ring. And I have no idea why Meryl Streep's character makes the decision that she does. The movie makes zero case for it, 

Just strange. C+. 

On 7/6/2018 at 12:41 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Waterworld is one of the most underrated movies of all time. That movie just screams for a reboot, and a ton of sequels. It rocks.