Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT - Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson underwent surgery

HapHaszard

Oy! Another promising rook WR down for the count......... are we snakebit or what?

This will probably hurt him since he will miss OTA's and last year he only got Training Camp so expect an arrested development for him. At least he will make it back in time for Camp.

---------- Post added February-26th-2012 at 07:34 AM ----------

Sure does make you wonder! Damn, why this late, if he had it weeks within the injury, he could have made OTA's.

From what I read they expected it to respond to therapy, and when it didn't he then had the operation.

---------- Post added February-26th-2012 at 07:35 AM ----------

Sure does make you wonder! Damn, why this late, if he had it weeks within the injury, he could have made OTA's.

From what I read they expected it to respond to therapy, and when it didn't he then had the operation.

This will probably hurt him since he will miss OTA's and last year he only got Training Camp so expect an arrested development for him. At least he will make it back in time for Camp.

Seriously arrested development, he lost OTAs/minicamps last year, injured and loses part of the season, even in the best case scenario misses substantial playing time this season, so maybe he gets a chance in '13? And IMO there's no one to blame here, I was thrilled to see him drafted, thought the kid was learning well all things considered but here we go again, potential in a position we need it shot to hell by random chance.

And IMO there's no one to blame here, I was thrilled to see him drafted, thought the kid was learning well all things considered but here we go again, potential in a position we need it shot to hell by random chance.

Basically how I feel too, just frustrating after thiking how a full offseason could benefit Hank! He was just hitting his stride!

I'm just grateful that it's just the labrum and not a Bo Jackson, hip replacement, end of career type of deal.

Exactly that. He probably was getting better from the comments just not fully or fast enough. At least he didn't pull a Landry and went ahead and got it done. I wonder how this affects Shanny's approach to the draft and FA?

---After Hankerson announced the surgery on Twitter, someone asked him if his hip wasn’t improving.

“felt like it was, but jus wanted to be safe n b ready,” he replied.

Hankerson confirmed via text message Saturday afternoon that the surgery was to repair his hip.

I'm just grateful that it's just the labrum and not a Bo Jackson, hip replacement, end of career type of deal.

if I remember correctly it took Brandon Marshall and Sidney Rice both longer to recover from hip surgery of this nature...than the estimates...

and afterwords it took them a while to get over the mental issues of the surgery...sort of like radical knee surgery

Doom and gloomers in full effect this morning!

He should be fine for camp. 3-4 months of rehab are ahead of him, but that gets him back in time.

The quotes in here have been both informative and positive for the most part.

My opinion of course.

---------- Post added February-26th-2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

if I remember correctly it took Brandon Marshall and Sidney Rice both longer to recover from hip surgery of this nature...than the estimates...

and afterwords it took them a while to get over the mental issues of the surgery...sort of like radical knee surgery

Maybe it's just me but I'm not getting your point.

My quote meant that I am glad that Hank did not have a career ending injury.

Our training/ medical staff suck! No wonder half the team got hurt last year and there is a reason why Landry has decided to not take there advice. If Hankerson needed surgery, it should've been done right After the injury, but since they are clueless, theyre trying different method to see which one works. A professional staff would know what to do right away.

Our training/ medical staff suck! No wonder half the team got hurt last year and there is a reason why Landry has decided to not take there advice. If Hankerson needed surgery, it should've been done right After the injury, but since they are clueless, theyre trying different method to see which one works. A professional staff would know what to do right away.

While I THINK we could have a better medical staff, IF a player decides to do things on his own judgement then you can take the Skin's medical staff out of the equation. Right?

I think Brandon Marshall just had mental issues in general.

Archived