Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT (via CSN): Kyle Shanahan Calls his shot in 2012 (merged w/ "In 2012 the Redskins are gonna be the NFC East champions"--MET)

Maxima2000

But I'm still not sold on Kyle's ability to adjust schemes to talent, or to adjust well during a game PERIOD. I thought he was outcoached today, personally. It's really pretty inexcusable that you go five straight weeks with 100-yard rushers and only win one of those games, not to mention the ongoing red zone woes.

Five out of six weeks with a 100-yard rusher, and a quarterback who turns it over with alarm frequency.

Most of today, it wasn't about play-calling, it was execution. This incarnation of the offensive long had it's worse game. Guys flying wide open down the field and Rex can't get them the ball. There were some crappy drops too. I think he'd adjusted to losing 3/5th's of his offensive line and his best offensive playmaker and another tight end and a promising rookie receiver and his starting running back about as well as any offensive coordinator he can. He fed his running backs the ball, had offensive balance. Until this game we were scoring a lot of points. So he had to be doing something right.

Can't believe there are REDSKIN FANS on a REDSKINS BOARD having anything to complain about here.

I'd hope our coaches get pissed off about being written off. Damned if they do and damned if they don't around here.

Yep, pretty much. Some people like to complain just to be different though. I'd just ignore them, which I'm sure you do since you've been here since '05.

Keeping on topic: I fully support Kyle as our OC and once we get the right guys in place on the field people will change their views about him quickly.

Five out of six weeks with a 100-yard rusher, and a quarterback who turns it over with alarm frequency.

Most of today, it wasn't about play-calling, it was execution. This incarnation of the offensive long had it's worse game. Guys flying wide open down the field and Rex can't get them the ball. There were some crappy drops too. I think he'd adjusted to losing 3/5th's of his offensive line and his best offensive playmaker and another tight end and a promising rookie receiver and his starting running back about as well as any offensive coordinator he can. He fed his running backs the ball, had offensive balance. Until this game we were scoring a lot of points. So he had to be doing something right.

Well said. Rex tries so hard but just can't do what he's suppose to do most of the time and then when he does, his receivers find a way to let him down.

Just a helpful reminder to others--the OP (who has a track record that affected things) had three violations of rule 6 in that one post, and so got 3 weeks off. Remember if you post something from another source (or another post) that includes any rule violations, it's the same as if you typed it yourself.

I'm having a hard time understanding the quote from Kyle taken out of context. Either that or I can't read, can anyone help me understand what is being said?

Our OL coach overheard an Eagle's coach saying that if the Giants lost last week, the Eagles would be in the playoffs. He said this before the game, when in reality they still would have had to beat us, which they were ignoring.

That's what he was talking about.

What an uninspiring dork. Leave the rah-rah stuff up to someone that knows how to do it.
Leave the reading and posting to the people that know how to do it. Seriously, if you can't see how that would be inspirational to a team playing for nothing at this point, than you just can't and won't ever get it. And, calling him a dork? That right there says all we need to know about you!

I am very happy and excited that Kyle is our OC. I really think with a couple more pieces and a healthy team, we are going to be top five in most, if not all, offensive categories next season.

Leave the reading and posting to the people that know how to do it. Seriously, if you can't see how that would be inspirational to a team playing for nothing at this point, than you just can't and won't ever get it. And, calling him a dork? That right there says all we need to know about you!

Agreed. tds, maybe find a thread where you have something interesting or thought-provoking to contribute?

Am I the only who noticed that our awesome defense gave up 30 points pretty much every single week for the last third of the season?

Just me?

Maybe I made it up.

What's crazier is that despite that, we've been running the ball well when we choose to. Very well, considering our offense's talent level. Usually that would not be the case with a defense giving up points like that.

Yeah our defensive coordinator is and always was nothing but mediocre.

There seems to be this belief bubbling up that as soon as we get the offense to work for reals, we will roll because our defense is so good. Except our defense has kind of sucked for the last two months. So...yea...QB is the top priority with playmakers on the outside being the other top priority but we need to fix the defense yet again as well.

There seems to be this belief bubbling up that as soon as we get the offense to work for reals' date=' we will roll because our defense is so good. Except our defense has kind of sucked for the last two months. So...yea...QB is the top priority with playmakers on the outside being the other top priority but we need to fix the defense yet again as well.[/quote']

Disappointing seasons from Rak and DHall and the absence of LaRon will do that.

Disappointing seasons from Rak and DHall and the absence of LaRon will do that.

Our defense has sucked but I'm a little confused. Orakpo posted 9 sacks this year. People said he needed to create more turnovers. He forced 3 fumbles, all on sacks. That's a career-high and a forced fumble every 3 sacks. His pass-coverage and run defense have both improved a lot this year. Everyone complained he didn't have any sacks against divisional opponents. He had 3 sacks and a forced fumble (as well as a fumble recovery against the Giants but refs ruled Eli down on Kerrigan's sack) in ONLY 6 quarters of play in our last two divisional games.

The ONLY thing I'm even slightly disappointed in is his final number of sacks and 9 is certainly still a very good number, especially when he's improved everywhere else and that gives me reason to believe he will be even better next year. He's developing into an all-around linebacker and will continue to improve as a pass-rusher. I thought he had a damn good year.

I've been impressed so far in his playcalling. Players are open, Rexy just can't throw beyond 30 yards.

That's why I've started thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to draft a guy like Tannehill. The guy has a rocket arm. He can throw 40 on a line easy. Obviously he's got other great qualities, but he's still a year or so away from being a #1.

Give me a break Kyle. I don't want to hear any talking from a last place team that went 2-4 in division.

It wasn't meant for you, or anyone else for that matter. It was him getting fired up with the team before the game. Nothing wrong with that.

man some of you guys crack me up when all you do is blame rex. he is not a pro bowler but man that dude has the mindset of i can beat the corners deep. even though that might be a little bigheaded on his part it is a cool quality in a qb. granted cool doesnt win games its good wtih me as opposed to a checkdown qb. listen to his presser after the game tonight.his attitude is the bomb.not saying we can go far with him but he has stones.......just saying,,,,,,,,,,,og

Archived