Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT (via CSN): Kyle Shanahan Calls his shot in 2012 (merged w/ "In 2012 the Redskins are gonna be the NFC East champions"--MET)

Maxima2000

This certainly shows that Kyle cares about the team, and I'm certainly glad about it. It's always pretty cool to hear what coaches say to pump up their teams.

“Hey, about an hour ago, all right, their [defensive] coordinator [Juan Castillo] told us, told [offensive line coach Chris] Foerster, that [if] the Giants would have lost last week, they were in the playoffs,” Kyle Shanahan said. “He didn’t mention that they had to beat us today. <staff edit of rule 6 violation> him, <staff edit of rule 6 violation> these guys. In 2012 the Redskins are gonna be the NFC East champions, and that starts right <staff edit of rule 6 violation> today.”

Link to story: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/kyle-shanahan-calls-his-shot-for-2012/

Kyle is not the problem in Washington. He's unfairly been a target since day one because he's s the coaches son. My only complaint is that he tends to get passhappy at times, but even in that department, he's no Andy Reid.

Plus, let's be honest, it's a passing league and you have to be really dominant to put together a season like the 49ers did this year. And on top of that, we know from Houston that Kyle's system works if he has the horses. Now it's time to get the most important horse this offseason, and hopefully some more help on top of that.

everyone in this organization stop with any predictions [grossman,hightower now kyle] four straight last place finishes ..........what truly sad times for our beloved skins!!

It was something said between him and the players...("The proclamation didn’t come publicly")...and in that context I abso-****ing-lutely LOVE that he said what he said :applause:...I don't even care that we didn't win.

Let's get a QB who can execute the plays called, and Kyle's spot on.

I think we've seen the offense can work when its executed properly. I still think there were times when we abandoned the run too quickly once we fell behind, and some times we seemed to call streaks of pass plays rather than mix it up.

Last season, I wasn't sold on Kyle, and early through this year I was nervous about him. But in the waning parts of the season, I saw a ton of things I like from Kyle. And this is the type of thing, that although I wish didn't become public, that a coach should be saying. I endorse Kyle Shanahan as our OC (not that my endorsement matters). Go get 'em, Coach.

Last season, I wasn't sold on Kyle, and early through this year I was nervous about him. But in the waning parts of the season, I saw a ton of things I like from Kyle. And this is the type of thing, that although I wish didn't become public, that a coach should be saying. I endorse Kyle Shanahan as our OC (not that my endorsement matters). Go get 'em, Coach.

He has earned the KDawg Seal Of Approval lol...

As stated in previous posts, once we get some additional tools (QB, go-to receiver) then KS will look like a genius. My only issue with both he and MS this season has been their reluctance to adapt to the personnel that we did have in order to win.

Look at the Broncos: Their offense looks down right hideous sometimes and their games are as exciting as watching grass grow until the last 2 minutes of the game, but at least by altering the offense to suit their personnel they were able to ugly their way to an AFC West title. The NFC East is a similarly dysfunctional division so to me, even with our woes, the division may have been winable had we just played more to our strengths.

This certainly shows that Kyle cares about the team, and I'm certainly glad about it. It's always pretty cool to hear what coaches say to pump up their teams.

Link to story: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/01/kyle-shanahan-calls-his-shot-for-2012/

I'm having a hard time understanding the quote from Kyle taken out of context. Either that or I can't read, can anyone help me understand what is being said?

I like the fire and attitude but not being able to back it up,...well,....it's embarrassing.

Another season ends and I feel the same way as I did 4 years ago. We stink.

That's how I feel. I love a fiery coach, but that's only a part of the equation, and in the grand scheme of things, it's a small part.

Look at Rex Ryan. He says crap like this all the time, and the Jets absolutely fell apart this season, despite all his talk.

Emotion can help, but at the end of the day, talent and intelligence is much more important.

I'd agree that Kyle's schemes look sound at times, and a lot of guys look open. Even today, on both those long bombs that failed, the failure was on Rex's noodle arm.

But I'm still not sold on Kyle's ability to adjust schemes to talent, or to adjust well during a game PERIOD. I thought he was outcoached today, personally. It's really pretty inexcusable that you go five straight weeks with 100-yard rushers and only win one of those games, not to mention the ongoing red zone woes.

In short, LOTS of room for improvement. Like his daddy said, "Talk is cheap. We'll prove it on the field."

Well, this year, they proved virtually nothing.

Can't believe there are REDSKIN FANS on a REDSKINS BOARD having anything to complain about here.

I'd hope our coaches get pissed off about being written off. Damned if they do and damned if they don't around here.

Archived