Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Paul "Imagine" Youtube Ad

SkinsHokieFan

I've been saying for years that all China has to do is send over 300 million people, maybe not even that many, just enough to cover the adults on a one to one ratio. They have plenty of people to spare, over a billion, and we could try to kill them on the way over, but they'd eventually overrun us. More than the Mexicans anyway.

Im sorry I couldnt get threw the whole thing. I was skipping around looking for video of a person or something else besides a person talking and Words. Again, I apologize, Maybe I need to focus a little more and check it out later. Thats my opinion thus far

The GOP primary is the gift that keeps giving. This commercial is just as dumb, or dumber than Perry's war on religion ad.

All our military bases around the world are against the wishes of the countries in which they are? Really? They all find them offensive? German is really offended by us having a military base there?

This is the problem with being a moron. You can learn one "principle" that makes sense in one context, but you are too dumb to realize that it doesn't make sense in other contexts.

Moron.

Actually he started out as a Libertarian I believe. He was their Presidential candidate before Harry Browne.

That's wrong. He once ran as a Libertarian but was always a Republican. He helped Reagan get elected. He's from the Goldwater side of conservatism. The same side George Bush said he was when he beat Gore.

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 03:04 PM ----------

The GOP primary is the gift that keeps giving. This commercial is just as dumb, or dumber than Perry's war on religion ad.

All our military bases around the world are against the wishes of the countries in which they are? Really? They all find them offensive? German is really offended by us having a military base there?

This is the problem with being a moron. You can learn one "principle" that makes sense in one context, but you are too dumb to realize that it doesn't make sense in other contexts.

Moron.

It's funny when you use our military base in Germany as an example and then start calling him a moron. It's obvious that you are either clueless or didn't watch the entire episode. Where did it say anything about Germany? Why I know it didn't? A. I watched the entire video and B. I know that we aren't out there killing Germans.

I have a hard time with someone that doesn't understand the point of the message.

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 03:12 PM ----------

SHF, how frustrating is it to be us? One of the first ones to be on the suck for (QB) bandwagon, now most of the fan base is. It's just tiring to "wait" for the world to catch up most of the time.

The only U.S. military intervention I have supported is the intervention in Afghanistan. I have been opposed to every other intervention that took place during my adult life (although I supported the surge, since we were already in Iraq). Moreover, I think there's something to Ron Paul's claim that we keep getting into trouble because we keep sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. However, the commercial draws a false analogy. Unlike Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Bosnia, Somalia, etc., we are not ruled by dictators, we are not enduring ethnic cleansing, etc. To compare a Chinese invasion of the United States to those US military interventions is nothing short of absurd.

Isn't it a little insulting to the conservative posters on here to see that and realize he thinks you're dumb enough to watch that and not notice how flawed that argument and logic is?

I'm on board with the notion we need to withdraw a bit from the world stage and scale back the military budget, but pretend to compare America in Afghanistan to a Chinese invasion here? Then to think if you just up and pulled out all the troops years ago it would have been just fine? Really?

It's funny when you use our military base in Germany as an example and then start calling him a moron. It's obvious that you are either clueless or didn't watch the entire episode. Where did it say anything about Germany? Why I know it didn't? A. I watched the entire video and B. I know that we aren't out there killing Germans.

I have a hard time with someone that doesn't understand the point of the message.

Wow, you really didn't understand the point of my post.

I watched the entire video and got it. Paul's video, and his stated foreign policy, is to cut back dramatically on all foreign spending, including such things as military posts. This also includes cutting back on posts that we are even wanted. Many places, even places where things aren't going well, like Egypt have asked for our help.

The point of my post was to ridicule Paul for this one size fits all "we shouldn't have military posts around the world," when that's a too broad and stupidly simplistic analysis of foreign diplomacy.

Truthfully, even Iraq goes back and forth on what they want from us in the future. So, yes, Paul's equating China opening a base in Texas to us having bases everywhere, was dumb and moronic and it was precisely this type of idiotic "principled" stance that makes Paul a tragically Utopian-unelectable figure.

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 04:14 PM ----------

Isn't it a little insulting to the conservative posters on here to see that and realize he thinks you're dumb enough to watch that and not notice how flawed that argument and logic is?

I'm on board with the notion we need to withdraw a bit from the world stage and scale back the military budget, but pretend to compare America in Afghanistan to a Chinese invasion here? Then to think if you just up and pulled out all the troops years ago it would have been just fine? Really?

Exactly. Some of you GOPers/Conservatives are smart. (Like my wife too). Paul is dumb. At least, this ad is dumb.

Exactly. Some of you GOPers/Conservatives are smart. (Like my wife too). Paul is dumb. At least, this ad is dumb.

I like the ad. As American citizens, how would we feel if foreign troops came to Washington DC, removed our President from power, and put in an American who was a puppet of the invaders interest? Then the foreign troops would occasionally bomb one of our military bases with an airstrike, like Ft. Bragg. However, at times, they would make a mistake and blow up some houses in a neighborhood. Then we were constantly told through our media that it was for our own good, that the invaders were our friends. Would you roll over or would you go Wolverine on them?

In regards to our current wars, it is hard to put the shoe on the other foot, because we are bombarded with propaganda. We are told it's for freedom. We are told we are the good guys. We are told that we are brave patriots. We are told that it's to keep us safe.

Moron.

Careful bro. Keep using that word and people will think I've started using a dupe account. :ols:

I think that's what pisses me off the most about the BS Paul and the entire tea party right wing. It's so stupid it's insulting. And for the life of me, I'm dumbfounded that people actually fall for such stupidity.

I like the ad. As American citizens, how would we feel if foreign troops came to Washington DC, removed our President from power, and put in an American who was a puppet of the invaders interest? Then the foreign troops would occasionally bomb one of our military bases with an airstrike, like Ft. Bragg. However, at times, they would make a mistake and blow up some houses in a neighborhood. Then we were constantly told through our media that it was for our own good. That the invaders were our friends. Would you roll over or would you go Wolverine on them?

In regards to our current wars, it is hard to put the shoe on the other foot, because we are bombarded with propaganda. We are told it's for freedom. We are told we are the good guys. We are told that we are brave patriots. We are told that it's to keep us safe.

Well let's see... using Afghanistan as an example.... Were we willfully harboring a terrorist group responsible for killing 3000 Chinese civilians? Were we asked to hand them over and refused? Were "we" not the legitimate government and invaders of the US as the Taliban was to Afghanistan? Because if you are going to use Afghanistan as an example as Paul has done, the relevant facts are important and to dismiss them is a manipulative lie.

[/color]SHF, how frustrating is it to be us? One of the first ones to be on the suck for (QB) bandwagon, now most of the fan base is. It's just tiring to "wait" for the world to catch up most of the time.

:ols:

And if you saw my posts from 2002-2007ish (prior to my trip to Pakistan) I was a frothing neo-con, lets invade every country type. I was a bit slow to see the complete flaw in our use of the armed forces of our nation and the impact they have overseas.

Our country is going bankrupt, yet we have no problem having an empire overseas. And its both sides of the aisle now, not just the Republicans

I feel like I am living in a twilight zone sometimes. What I have observed is that our direct military intervention, since WW2, anywhere has failed, cost hundreds of thousands of lives and has wasted trillions of dollars.

The only ones who benefit from our global empire now are the heads of various defense contractors located around the beltway. They made millions upon millions in the last decade, and what do we really have to show for it at this point?

At some point, you have to stop digging, right?

I'd be in favor of a Chinese invasion of Texas. They both deserve each other. :evilg:

That said, the analogy in the video is so simplistic it is moronic. While it's extremely important for American commanders and troops there to empathize and understand how the Afghans might see us, so that we can address those issues, to compare the overthrow of the Taliban and attempts to stabilize the country, with invasion and overthrow of a democracy is ludicrous.

Archived